We are planning on a short vacation to the wild west covering as many place as our time permits and a tentative itinerary that I have in mind and would like to know if this do-able or if its too ambitious, considering there would be a 5 month pregnant lady and a person with heart issues, traveling with us. We are coming from florida, so altitude might also be a concern - a gradual increase would be fine just not a sudden sharp change.
Day 1: Arrive at phx at 7pm. Drive to Sedona to spend the night.
Day 2: Cathedral rocks at sunrise and then to Grand canyon south rim for the rest of the day. Night stay in or near GCNP.
Day 3: Drive to Page at day break - Horseshoe bend, Antelope canyon and then to Zion for the rest of the day. Or we could skip Page totally, and head straight to Zion if that is better. Especially with the pregnant woman, I am not sure if Antelope canyon is do-able. There are reviews in other forums that there is a 3-mile super bumpy ride to get to Antelope? Stay at Zion/Springdale, UT.
Day 4: Drive to Bryce Canyon at day break and then drive to Arches at mid-day and spend few hours in Arches national park. Stay near Arches national park.
Day 5: Our flight back is from Denver. Since its a long drive from Arches, this day would pretty much be on the road to Denver aiport to catch a late night return flight.
Our flight into PHX and out of DEN is booked, but the rest of the itinerary is quite flexible. Since its our first time there and probably our last visit before we leave the country, we want to make the best use of the chance we have. Any tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Travelling with a pregnant woman - itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arches National Park in a day
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Looking for Next Destination
- 4 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 5 Broadway this week
- 6 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 7 Union Square area restaurant
- 8 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 9 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 10 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 11 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 12 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 15 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 16 Richmond highlights?
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 19 Weekend in NYC
- 20 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 21 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 22 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 23 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 24 New York, New York...
- 25 Shuttle Service from Newark