We are planning on a short vacation to the wild west covering as many place as our time permits and a tentative itinerary that I have in mind and would like to know if this do-able or if its too ambitious, considering there would be a 5 month pregnant lady and a person with heart issues, traveling with us. We are coming from florida, so altitude might also be a concern - a gradual increase would be fine just not a sudden sharp change.
Day 1: Arrive at phx at 7pm. Drive to Sedona to spend the night.
Day 2: Cathedral rocks at sunrise and then to Grand canyon south rim for the rest of the day. Night stay in or near GCNP.
Day 3: Drive to Page at day break - Horseshoe bend, Antelope canyon and then to Zion for the rest of the day. Or we could skip Page totally, and head straight to Zion if that is better. Especially with the pregnant woman, I am not sure if Antelope canyon is do-able. There are reviews in other forums that there is a 3-mile super bumpy ride to get to Antelope? Stay at Zion/Springdale, UT.
Day 4: Drive to Bryce Canyon at day break and then drive to Arches at mid-day and spend few hours in Arches national park. Stay near Arches national park.
Day 5: Our flight back is from Denver. Since its a long drive from Arches, this day would pretty much be on the road to Denver aiport to catch a late night return flight.
Our flight into PHX and out of DEN is booked, but the rest of the itinerary is quite flexible. Since its our first time there and probably our last visit before we leave the country, we want to make the best use of the chance we have. Any tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 2 Sihu Skin Care>>> http://testboosthelp.com/sihu-skin-care/
- 3 http://www.healthyorder.org/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 4 http://www.healthyminimag.com/revitasence-serum-reviews/
- 5 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 6 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 7 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 8 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 9 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 10 Christmas Napa Valley
- 11 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 12 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 13 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 14 Your favourite places in New York City
- 15 Phone SIM
- 16 3 days in NYC with my Grandma!
- 17 Las vegas +21
- 18 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 19 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 20 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 21 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 22 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 23 Savanah Sojourn
- 24 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 25 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS