We are planning on a short vacation to the wild west covering as many place as our time permits and a tentative itinerary that I have in mind and would like to know if this do-able or if its too ambitious, considering there would be a 5 month pregnant lady and a person with heart issues, traveling with us. We are coming from florida, so altitude might also be a concern - a gradual increase would be fine just not a sudden sharp change.
Day 1: Arrive at phx at 7pm. Drive to Sedona to spend the night.
Day 2: Cathedral rocks at sunrise and then to Grand canyon south rim for the rest of the day. Night stay in or near GCNP.
Day 3: Drive to Page at day break - Horseshoe bend, Antelope canyon and then to Zion for the rest of the day. Or we could skip Page totally, and head straight to Zion if that is better. Especially with the pregnant woman, I am not sure if Antelope canyon is do-able. There are reviews in other forums that there is a 3-mile super bumpy ride to get to Antelope? Stay at Zion/Springdale, UT.
Day 4: Drive to Bryce Canyon at day break and then drive to Arches at mid-day and spend few hours in Arches national park. Stay near Arches national park.
Day 5: Our flight back is from Denver. Since its a long drive from Arches, this day would pretty much be on the road to Denver aiport to catch a late night return flight.
Our flight into PHX and out of DEN is booked, but the rest of the itinerary is quite flexible. Since its our first time there and probably our last visit before we leave the country, we want to make the best use of the chance we have. Any tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 2 What to pack
- 3 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 4 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 5 First time, Best business class?
- 6 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 7 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 8 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 9 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 10 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 11 Zion and Bryce in July
- 12 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 13 Itinerary Help Needed
- 14 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 15 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 16 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 17 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 18 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 19 Kids Vacation Place
- 20 Desert Southwest
- 21 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 22 If you're in Cleveland for the GOP Convention
- 23 Boston waterfront Italian
- 24 US-Canada road trip help
- 25 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork