We are planning on a short vacation to the wild west covering as many place as our time permits and a tentative itinerary that I have in mind and would like to know if this do-able or if its too ambitious, considering there would be a 5 month pregnant lady and a person with heart issues, traveling with us. We are coming from florida, so altitude might also be a concern - a gradual increase would be fine just not a sudden sharp change.
Day 1: Arrive at phx at 7pm. Drive to Sedona to spend the night.
Day 2: Cathedral rocks at sunrise and then to Grand canyon south rim for the rest of the day. Night stay in or near GCNP.
Day 3: Drive to Page at day break - Horseshoe bend, Antelope canyon and then to Zion for the rest of the day. Or we could skip Page totally, and head straight to Zion if that is better. Especially with the pregnant woman, I am not sure if Antelope canyon is do-able. There are reviews in other forums that there is a 3-mile super bumpy ride to get to Antelope? Stay at Zion/Springdale, UT.
Day 4: Drive to Bryce Canyon at day break and then drive to Arches at mid-day and spend few hours in Arches national park. Stay near Arches national park.
Day 5: Our flight back is from Denver. Since its a long drive from Arches, this day would pretty much be on the road to Denver aiport to catch a late night return flight.
Our flight into PHX and out of DEN is booked, but the rest of the itinerary is quite flexible. Since its our first time there and probably our last visit before we leave the country, we want to make the best use of the chance we have. Any tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 2 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 3 Broadway show tickets
- 4 route tips Ashland OR to Durango, Pasgosa Springs
- 5 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 6 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 7 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 8 Hawk's
- 9 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 10 Suggestion for 4 day hotel in Miami
- 11 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 12 Another question about hawaii
- 13 BYOB in New York City
- 14 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 15 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 16 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 17 Travel from Juneau to Sitka or Skagway
- 18 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 19 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 20 Key West, FL
- 21 Mauna Kea with Children?
- 22 2 day trip covering Grand Canyon and Antelope canyon starting from Phoenix
- 23 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 24 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 25 Hiking and biking hotel options