We are planning on a short vacation to the wild west covering as many place as our time permits and a tentative itinerary that I have in mind and would like to know if this do-able or if its too ambitious, considering there would be a 5 month pregnant lady and a person with heart issues, traveling with us. We are coming from florida, so altitude might also be a concern - a gradual increase would be fine just not a sudden sharp change.
Day 1: Arrive at phx at 7pm. Drive to Sedona to spend the night.
Day 2: Cathedral rocks at sunrise and then to Grand canyon south rim for the rest of the day. Night stay in or near GCNP.
Day 3: Drive to Page at day break - Horseshoe bend, Antelope canyon and then to Zion for the rest of the day. Or we could skip Page totally, and head straight to Zion if that is better. Especially with the pregnant woman, I am not sure if Antelope canyon is do-able. There are reviews in other forums that there is a 3-mile super bumpy ride to get to Antelope? Stay at Zion/Springdale, UT.
Day 4: Drive to Bryce Canyon at day break and then drive to Arches at mid-day and spend few hours in Arches national park. Stay near Arches national park.
Day 5: Our flight back is from Denver. Since its a long drive from Arches, this day would pretty much be on the road to Denver aiport to catch a late night return flight.
Our flight into PHX and out of DEN is booked, but the rest of the itinerary is quite flexible. Since its our first time there and probably our last visit before we leave the country, we want to make the best use of the chance we have. Any tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 Staying outside DC
- 4 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 5 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 6 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 7 Ideas for New York
- 8 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 9 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 10 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 11 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 12 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 13 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 14 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 15 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 16 New York in December
- 17 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 18 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 19 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 20 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 21 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 22 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 23 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 24 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 25 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area