We are planning on a short vacation to the wild west covering as many place as our time permits and a tentative itinerary that I have in mind and would like to know if this do-able or if its too ambitious, considering there would be a 5 month pregnant lady and a person with heart issues, traveling with us. We are coming from florida, so altitude might also be a concern - a gradual increase would be fine just not a sudden sharp change.
Day 1: Arrive at phx at 7pm. Drive to Sedona to spend the night.
Day 2: Cathedral rocks at sunrise and then to Grand canyon south rim for the rest of the day. Night stay in or near GCNP.
Day 3: Drive to Page at day break - Horseshoe bend, Antelope canyon and then to Zion for the rest of the day. Or we could skip Page totally, and head straight to Zion if that is better. Especially with the pregnant woman, I am not sure if Antelope canyon is do-able. There are reviews in other forums that there is a 3-mile super bumpy ride to get to Antelope? Stay at Zion/Springdale, UT.
Day 4: Drive to Bryce Canyon at day break and then drive to Arches at mid-day and spend few hours in Arches national park. Stay near Arches national park.
Day 5: Our flight back is from Denver. Since its a long drive from Arches, this day would pretty much be on the road to Denver aiport to catch a late night return flight.
Our flight into PHX and out of DEN is booked, but the rest of the itinerary is quite flexible. Since its our first time there and probably our last visit before we leave the country, we want to make the best use of the chance we have. Any tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 2 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 3 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 4 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 5 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 6 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 7 New Mexico in May
- 8 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 9 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 10 New Years Eve in NYC
- 11 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 12 Yellowstone
- 13 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 14 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 15 Redwoods National Park
- 16 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 17 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 18 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 19 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 20 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 21 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 22 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 23 Traveling Alone
- 24 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 25 Christmas Dinner in NYC?