We are planning on a short vacation to the wild west covering as many place as our time permits and a tentative itinerary that I have in mind and would like to know if this do-able or if its too ambitious, considering there would be a 5 month pregnant lady and a person with heart issues, traveling with us. We are coming from florida, so altitude might also be a concern - a gradual increase would be fine just not a sudden sharp change.
Day 1: Arrive at phx at 7pm. Drive to Sedona to spend the night.
Day 2: Cathedral rocks at sunrise and then to Grand canyon south rim for the rest of the day. Night stay in or near GCNP.
Day 3: Drive to Page at day break - Horseshoe bend, Antelope canyon and then to Zion for the rest of the day. Or we could skip Page totally, and head straight to Zion if that is better. Especially with the pregnant woman, I am not sure if Antelope canyon is do-able. There are reviews in other forums that there is a 3-mile super bumpy ride to get to Antelope? Stay at Zion/Springdale, UT.
Day 4: Drive to Bryce Canyon at day break and then drive to Arches at mid-day and spend few hours in Arches national park. Stay near Arches national park.
Day 5: Our flight back is from Denver. Since its a long drive from Arches, this day would pretty much be on the road to Denver aiport to catch a late night return flight.
Our flight into PHX and out of DEN is booked, but the rest of the itinerary is quite flexible. Since its our first time there and probably our last visit before we leave the country, we want to make the best use of the chance we have. Any tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 QB Call on 1800-927-2480 Desktop Service Number
- 2 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 3 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 4 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 5 Mesa Verde question
- 6 Planning our Move
- 7 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 8 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 9 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 10 Primal Shred – Primal Shred Its Work Muscle Growth For Male
- 11 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 12 Wilmington DE questions
- 13 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 14 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 15 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 16 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 17 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 18 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 19 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 20 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 21 Hotel advise Chicago
- 22 Maui and Kauai
- 23 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 24 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 25 Good gift for my father who loves to travel