We are planning on a short vacation to the wild west covering as many place as our time permits and a tentative itinerary that I have in mind and would like to know if this do-able or if its too ambitious, considering there would be a 5 month pregnant lady and a person with heart issues, traveling with us. We are coming from florida, so altitude might also be a concern - a gradual increase would be fine just not a sudden sharp change.
Day 1: Arrive at phx at 7pm. Drive to Sedona to spend the night.
Day 2: Cathedral rocks at sunrise and then to Grand canyon south rim for the rest of the day. Night stay in or near GCNP.
Day 3: Drive to Page at day break - Horseshoe bend, Antelope canyon and then to Zion for the rest of the day. Or we could skip Page totally, and head straight to Zion if that is better. Especially with the pregnant woman, I am not sure if Antelope canyon is do-able. There are reviews in other forums that there is a 3-mile super bumpy ride to get to Antelope? Stay at Zion/Springdale, UT.
Day 4: Drive to Bryce Canyon at day break and then drive to Arches at mid-day and spend few hours in Arches national park. Stay near Arches national park.
Day 5: Our flight back is from Denver. Since its a long drive from Arches, this day would pretty much be on the road to Denver aiport to catch a late night return flight.
Our flight into PHX and out of DEN is booked, but the rest of the itinerary is quite flexible. Since its our first time there and probably our last visit before we leave the country, we want to make the best use of the chance we have. Any tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 2 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 3 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 4 flagstaff
- 5 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 6 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 7 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 8 sugestions
- 9 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 10 Rules of the NY Subway
- 11 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 12 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 13 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 14 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 15 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 16 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 17 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 18 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 19 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 20 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 21 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 22 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 23 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 24 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 25 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas