Hi. Hoping for some advice. My wife and I will be traveling to Yellowstone National Park this summer in July. Would love some help in planning the trip. We have 7 nights. We will be flying in from Boston. Based on my research, I thought we would fly round trip to/from Jackson Hole, WY. Our goal is to explore Yellowstone, Grand Teton (to a lesser degree), enjoy scenery, and relax. So, with that said, and with limited knowledge of Wyoming and Montana, I am tentatively planning the following: Arrive in Jackson Hole airport; drive to West Yellowstone and stay 3 nights; visit Yellowstone NP for 3 days; drive to Jackson Hole for 4 nights; visit Grand Teton, and simply relax for the next couple of days. From those familiar with the area, any suggestions or comments? Looking for a nice place to stay in West Yellowstone. So far, the best I find online that has availability during our stay is either the Comfort Inn, Yellowstone Park Hotel, Three Bears Lodge, Holiday Inn, or Clubhouse Inn. Familiar with any of these? Our thought was to stay in West Yellowstone because they had lodging close to YNP. Everything within YNP is already sold out. Is 3 nights enough? Also looking for recommendations to stay in Jackson Hole. The Lodge at Jackson Hole looks nice online. But again, looking for suggestions. Why 4 nights in Jackson Hole...only because by the time we get there from West Yellowstone and check in 1 night is gone. Then want to go to Grand Teton for 1 day, explore the town and nearby attractions for 1 day, and simply relax the last day at the hotel. Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I should have made this much simpler by probably just asking, what would you recommend we do and stay if we have 7 nights this coming July. That would be helpful as well. Thanks so much.
Travelling to Yellowstone this summer
View all United States activity »
- 1 Where should I move to?
- 2 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 3 St. Augustine, Florida
- 4 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 5 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 6 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 7 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Fripp island
- 10 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 11 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 12 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 13 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 14 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 15 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 16 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 17 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 18 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 19 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 20 Hotel near Public Theater
- 21 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 22 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 23 San Antonio
- 24 hotel near Met NYC
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles