Hi. Hoping for some advice. My wife and I will be traveling to Yellowstone National Park this summer in July. Would love some help in planning the trip. We have 7 nights. We will be flying in from Boston. Based on my research, I thought we would fly round trip to/from Jackson Hole, WY. Our goal is to explore Yellowstone, Grand Teton (to a lesser degree), enjoy scenery, and relax. So, with that said, and with limited knowledge of Wyoming and Montana, I am tentatively planning the following: Arrive in Jackson Hole airport; drive to West Yellowstone and stay 3 nights; visit Yellowstone NP for 3 days; drive to Jackson Hole for 4 nights; visit Grand Teton, and simply relax for the next couple of days. From those familiar with the area, any suggestions or comments? Looking for a nice place to stay in West Yellowstone. So far, the best I find online that has availability during our stay is either the Comfort Inn, Yellowstone Park Hotel, Three Bears Lodge, Holiday Inn, or Clubhouse Inn. Familiar with any of these? Our thought was to stay in West Yellowstone because they had lodging close to YNP. Everything within YNP is already sold out. Is 3 nights enough? Also looking for recommendations to stay in Jackson Hole. The Lodge at Jackson Hole looks nice online. But again, looking for suggestions. Why 4 nights in Jackson Hole...only because by the time we get there from West Yellowstone and check in 1 night is gone. Then want to go to Grand Teton for 1 day, explore the town and nearby attractions for 1 day, and simply relax the last day at the hotel. Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I should have made this much simpler by probably just asking, what would you recommend we do and stay if we have 7 nights this coming July. That would be helpful as well. Thanks so much.
Travelling to Yellowstone this summer
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sunnyvale to San Franisco and back
- 2 middlebury vt snow
- 3 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 4 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 5 4 Nights in LA: What does our itinerary say about where we should stay?
- 6 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 7 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 8 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 9 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 10 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 11 Orlando in February
- 12 Travel from Seattle WA to Oceanside CA
- 13 Parking and Neighborhood for Miami-Dade County Auditorium
- 14 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 15 Los Angeles day trips
- 16 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 17 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 18 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 19 Orlando hotels
- 20 Sunday morning in southern Florida
- 21 Hop On Hop Off Bus Atlanta
- 22 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 23 Driving to Daytona Beach from New Jersey
- 24 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 25 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation