Hi. Hoping for some advice. My wife and I will be traveling to Yellowstone National Park this summer in July. Would love some help in planning the trip. We have 7 nights. We will be flying in from Boston. Based on my research, I thought we would fly round trip to/from Jackson Hole, WY. Our goal is to explore Yellowstone, Grand Teton (to a lesser degree), enjoy scenery, and relax. So, with that said, and with limited knowledge of Wyoming and Montana, I am tentatively planning the following: Arrive in Jackson Hole airport; drive to West Yellowstone and stay 3 nights; visit Yellowstone NP for 3 days; drive to Jackson Hole for 4 nights; visit Grand Teton, and simply relax for the next couple of days. From those familiar with the area, any suggestions or comments? Looking for a nice place to stay in West Yellowstone. So far, the best I find online that has availability during our stay is either the Comfort Inn, Yellowstone Park Hotel, Three Bears Lodge, Holiday Inn, or Clubhouse Inn. Familiar with any of these? Our thought was to stay in West Yellowstone because they had lodging close to YNP. Everything within YNP is already sold out. Is 3 nights enough? Also looking for recommendations to stay in Jackson Hole. The Lodge at Jackson Hole looks nice online. But again, looking for suggestions. Why 4 nights in Jackson Hole...only because by the time we get there from West Yellowstone and check in 1 night is gone. Then want to go to Grand Teton for 1 day, explore the town and nearby attractions for 1 day, and simply relax the last day at the hotel. Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I should have made this much simpler by probably just asking, what would you recommend we do and stay if we have 7 nights this coming July. That would be helpful as well. Thanks so much.
Travelling to Yellowstone this summer
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 4 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 5 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 6 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 7 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 8 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 9 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 10 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 11 Vegas hotels for families
- 12 Hilton Midtown New York
- 13 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 14 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 15 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 16 new york plays
- 17 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 18 San Francisco - mid October
- 19 Tour companies
- 20 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 Round trip from Chicago
- 24 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 25 Panama City beach or other suggestion