Hi. Hoping for some advice. My wife and I will be traveling to Yellowstone National Park this summer in July. Would love some help in planning the trip. We have 7 nights. We will be flying in from Boston. Based on my research, I thought we would fly round trip to/from Jackson Hole, WY. Our goal is to explore Yellowstone, Grand Teton (to a lesser degree), enjoy scenery, and relax. So, with that said, and with limited knowledge of Wyoming and Montana, I am tentatively planning the following: Arrive in Jackson Hole airport; drive to West Yellowstone and stay 3 nights; visit Yellowstone NP for 3 days; drive to Jackson Hole for 4 nights; visit Grand Teton, and simply relax for the next couple of days. From those familiar with the area, any suggestions or comments? Looking for a nice place to stay in West Yellowstone. So far, the best I find online that has availability during our stay is either the Comfort Inn, Yellowstone Park Hotel, Three Bears Lodge, Holiday Inn, or Clubhouse Inn. Familiar with any of these? Our thought was to stay in West Yellowstone because they had lodging close to YNP. Everything within YNP is already sold out. Is 3 nights enough? Also looking for recommendations to stay in Jackson Hole. The Lodge at Jackson Hole looks nice online. But again, looking for suggestions. Why 4 nights in Jackson Hole...only because by the time we get there from West Yellowstone and check in 1 night is gone. Then want to go to Grand Teton for 1 day, explore the town and nearby attractions for 1 day, and simply relax the last day at the hotel. Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I should have made this much simpler by probably just asking, what would you recommend we do and stay if we have 7 nights this coming July. That would be helpful as well. Thanks so much.
Travelling to Yellowstone this summer
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 2 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 3 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 4 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 5 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 6 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 11 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 12 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 13 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 14 Best Destination in USA
- 15 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 16 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 17 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 18 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 19 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 20 x mas
- 21 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 22 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 23 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 24 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 25 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park