I plan on visiting Salem and am wondering should I avoid the town on the weekends due to tourism and instead see it during the week?. In mid October in this part of the state are you still seeing the leaves change colors or is it past peak? I will be staying in Gloucester and would like to see some of the surrounding small towns, sites, etc. Any thoughts on any "must see" points of interest. Also I like the thought of exploring some shops which are unique to this area.
Traveling to Salem-Gloucester in mid October and staying for 4 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 2 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 3 moving to florida
- 4 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 5 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 6 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 7 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 8 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 9 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 10 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 11 Boston/Salem with kids
- 12 Connecticut River Byway
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 15 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 16 San Diego farmer's markets
- 17 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 18 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 19 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 20 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 21 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 22 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 23 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 24 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 25 drive from SF to crater lake