I plan on visiting Salem and am wondering should I avoid the town on the weekends due to tourism and instead see it during the week?. In mid October in this part of the state are you still seeing the leaves change colors or is it past peak? I will be staying in Gloucester and would like to see some of the surrounding small towns, sites, etc. Any thoughts on any "must see" points of interest. Also I like the thought of exploring some shops which are unique to this area.
Traveling to Salem-Gloucester in mid October and staying for 4 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 2 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 3 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 4 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 5 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 6 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 7 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 8 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 9 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 10 Houston in September
- 11 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 12 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 13 late-night DC restaurant
- 14 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 15 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 16 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 17 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 18 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 19 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 20 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 21 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 22 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 23 Oahu ideas
- 24 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 25 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014