I plan on visiting Salem and am wondering should I avoid the town on the weekends due to tourism and instead see it during the week?. In mid October in this part of the state are you still seeing the leaves change colors or is it past peak? I will be staying in Gloucester and would like to see some of the surrounding small towns, sites, etc. Any thoughts on any "must see" points of interest. Also I like the thought of exploring some shops which are unique to this area.
Traveling to Salem-Gloucester in mid October and staying for 4 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 6 Washington DC in Spring?
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 9 Broadway this week
- 10 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 11 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 New York, New York...
- 14 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 15 trains in Europe
- 16 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 17 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 18 USA trip
- 19 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 20 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 21 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 22 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 23 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 24 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???