I could greatly benefit from some advice here! I am a student at UNC,Chaple Hill (NC) and it would be my last chance to see NY at its best during the Winter break.I do not have much money but both my wife and I are too keen to miss the opportunity.Manhattan hotels are exorbitant!!An absolute heart breaker
We would be reaching on the 24th and staying on till the 2nd of Jan.We found a couple of hotels in NJ affordable.Edison Hotel,NJ and Days Inn at Woodbridge.We would be staying for a good 9 days and would be commuting to NY as a tourist almost daily.Would it be safe to commute at odd hours?Any advice which would help us plan our trip better is greatly welcome!We plan to buy the Unlimited weekly Pass (MTA) and were in two minds about the New York Pass.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 2 Rose Parade Novice
- 3 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 4 Buying alcohol in New York & I.D.
- 5 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 6 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 7 2 months in Hawaii!
- 8 Martha's Vineyard with the in-laws
- 9 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 10 White House Tours To Allow Photos
- 11 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 12 Annapolis to Boston
- 13 Road Trip
- 14 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 15 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 16 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 17 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 18 New OAK-Coliseum Shuttle -- Cost?
- 19 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 20 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 21 HELP with ITINERARY for trip to Carmell/Central Coast with kids
- 22 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 23 Trailing of the Sheep Festival
- 24 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 25 Does anyone know the hotel in Maui...
Traveling to NY as a student tourist in Xmas and New Years