I could greatly benefit from some advice here! I am a student at UNC,Chaple Hill (NC) and it would be my last chance to see NY at its best during the Winter break.I do not have much money but both my wife and I are too keen to miss the opportunity.Manhattan hotels are exorbitant!!An absolute heart breaker
We would be reaching on the 24th and staying on till the 2nd of Jan.We found a couple of hotels in NJ affordable.Edison Hotel,NJ and Days Inn at Woodbridge.We would be staying for a good 9 days and would be commuting to NY as a tourist almost daily.Would it be safe to commute at odd hours?Any advice which would help us plan our trip better is greatly welcome!We plan to buy the Unlimited weekly Pass (MTA) and were in two minds about the New York Pass.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 2 Bed and Breakfast
- 3 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 4 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 5 New England Winter get away with older kids
- 6 New Years Eve in NYC
- 7 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 8 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 9 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 10 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 11 Looking for a Bed and breakfast
- 12 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 13 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 14 Lake Tahoe Honeymoon
- 15 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 16 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 17 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 18 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 19 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 20 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 21 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 22 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 23 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 24 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 25 Polynesian Cultural Centre
Traveling to NY as a student tourist in Xmas and New Years