I could greatly benefit from some advice here! I am a student at UNC,Chaple Hill (NC) and it would be my last chance to see NY at its best during the Winter break.I do not have much money but both my wife and I are too keen to miss the opportunity.Manhattan hotels are exorbitant!!An absolute heart breaker
We would be reaching on the 24th and staying on till the 2nd of Jan.We found a couple of hotels in NJ affordable.Edison Hotel,NJ and Days Inn at Woodbridge.We would be staying for a good 9 days and would be commuting to NY as a tourist almost daily.Would it be safe to commute at odd hours?Any advice which would help us plan our trip better is greatly welcome!We plan to buy the Unlimited weekly Pass (MTA) and were in two minds about the New York Pass.
Traveling to NY as a student tourist in Xmas and New Years
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 8 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 15 Kennedy Space Center
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 20 Asheville NC without a car
- 21 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 22 Myrtle Beach
- 23 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 24 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 25 Colorado in the summer!