I could greatly benefit from some advice here! I am a student at UNC,Chaple Hill (NC) and it would be my last chance to see NY at its best during the Winter break.I do not have much money but both my wife and I are too keen to miss the opportunity.Manhattan hotels are exorbitant!!An absolute heart breaker
We would be reaching on the 24th and staying on till the 2nd of Jan.We found a couple of hotels in NJ affordable.Edison Hotel,NJ and Days Inn at Woodbridge.We would be staying for a good 9 days and would be commuting to NY as a tourist almost daily.Would it be safe to commute at odd hours?Any advice which would help us plan our trip better is greatly welcome!We plan to buy the Unlimited weekly Pass (MTA) and were in two minds about the New York Pass.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 2 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 3 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 4 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 5 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 6 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 7 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 8 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 9 Ideas for New York
- 10 New York in December
- 11 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 12 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 13 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 14 Staying outside DC
- 15 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 16 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 17 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 18 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 19 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 20 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 21 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 22 Road trip
- 23 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 24 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 25 Getting married to a French man
Traveling to NY as a student tourist in Xmas and New Years