I could greatly benefit from some advice here! I am a student at UNC,Chaple Hill (NC) and it would be my last chance to see NY at its best during the Winter break.I do not have much money but both my wife and I are too keen to miss the opportunity.Manhattan hotels are exorbitant!!An absolute heart breaker
We would be reaching on the 24th and staying on till the 2nd of Jan.We found a couple of hotels in NJ affordable.Edison Hotel,NJ and Days Inn at Woodbridge.We would be staying for a good 9 days and would be commuting to NY as a tourist almost daily.Would it be safe to commute at odd hours?Any advice which would help us plan our trip better is greatly welcome!We plan to buy the Unlimited weekly Pass (MTA) and were in two minds about the New York Pass.
Traveling to NY as a student tourist in Xmas and New Years
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 American Honeymoon in March
- 2 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 3 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 4 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 5 NYC to LA road trip - Buy or rent a car?
- 6 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 7 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 8 4 week family trip ideas
- 9 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 10 san fran sightseeing
- 11 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 12 Boston in winter?
- 13 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 14 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 15 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 16 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 17 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 18 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 19 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 20 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 21 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 22 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 23 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 24 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 25 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?