I could greatly benefit from some advice here! I am a student at UNC,Chaple Hill (NC) and it would be my last chance to see NY at its best during the Winter break.I do not have much money but both my wife and I are too keen to miss the opportunity.Manhattan hotels are exorbitant!!An absolute heart breaker
We would be reaching on the 24th and staying on till the 2nd of Jan.We found a couple of hotels in NJ affordable.Edison Hotel,NJ and Days Inn at Woodbridge.We would be staying for a good 9 days and would be commuting to NY as a tourist almost daily.Would it be safe to commute at odd hours?Any advice which would help us plan our trip better is greatly welcome!We plan to buy the Unlimited weekly Pass (MTA) and were in two minds about the New York Pass.
Traveling to NY as a student tourist in Xmas and New Years
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 4 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 5 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 6 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 7 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 10 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 11 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 12 Weekend in NYC
- 13 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 14 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 15 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 16 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 17 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 18 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 19 Breckenridge in October
- 20 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 21 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 22 Richmond highlights?
- 23 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 24 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 25 Central Park Fall Foliage