I could greatly benefit from some advice here! I am a student at UNC,Chaple Hill (NC) and it would be my last chance to see NY at its best during the Winter break.I do not have much money but both my wife and I are too keen to miss the opportunity.Manhattan hotels are exorbitant!!An absolute heart breaker
We would be reaching on the 24th and staying on till the 2nd of Jan.We found a couple of hotels in NJ affordable.Edison Hotel,NJ and Days Inn at Woodbridge.We would be staying for a good 9 days and would be commuting to NY as a tourist almost daily.Would it be safe to commute at odd hours?Any advice which would help us plan our trip better is greatly welcome!We plan to buy the Unlimited weekly Pass (MTA) and were in two minds about the New York Pass.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 2 Butler Wash - Cedar Mesa Utah
- 3 Pacific Northwest
- 4 Hawaii - where?
- 5 Shenandoah National park
- 6 Short trip to San Francisco - report and comment
- 7 Traveling through MO to Branson
- 8 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 9 Anaheim - no car
- 10 San Francisco to San Diego
- 11 Arizona PHX car rental
- 12 Dinner in Anchorage
- 13 Rental Car Orlando
- 14 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 15 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 16 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 17 Upcoming Alaska Trip
- 18 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 19 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 20 Point of Entry wondering.. Help?
- 21 Considering a move to Raleigh or Charlotte
- 22 TKS Booth at 47th Street: Help for Return Customers
- 23 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 24 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 25 Best location for hotel in Annapolis
Traveling to NY as a student tourist in Xmas and New Years