This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 2 limited mobility for Savannah
- 3 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 4 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 5 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 6 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 7 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 8 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 9 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 10 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 11 Northwest Passage
- 12 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 13 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 14 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 15 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 16 Northwest Car Trip
- 17 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 18 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 19 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 22 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 23 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 24 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 25 Maui Bed and Breakfast