This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Skagway
- 2 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 3 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 4 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 5 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 6 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 7 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 8 Honeymoon out west.
- 9 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 10 Chicago to Charleston
- 11 Retiring in NM?
- 12 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 13 Route Planning for East USA
- 14 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 15 Utah National Parks visit
- 16 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 17 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 18 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 19 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 20 universal studios and disney
- 21 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia
- 22 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 23 How many states have you been to?
- 24 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 25 USA, Trip to the south