This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 some advice if you are going for vacation!
- 2 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 3 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 4 New Mexico in May
- 5 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 6 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 7 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 8 New Years Eve in NYC
- 9 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 10 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 11 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 12 Yellowstone
- 13 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 14 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 15 Redwoods National Park
- 16 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 17 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 18 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 19 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 20 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 21 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 22 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 23 Traveling Alone
- 24 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 25 Christmas Dinner in NYC?