This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Traveling to north cali for the first time!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 2 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 3 Is the New York subway safe?
- 4 Skiing New Mexico
- 5 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 6 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 7 Where to from Tampa?
- 8 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 9 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 10 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 11 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 12 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 13 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 14 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 15 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 16 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 17 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 18 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 19 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 20 Chicago Questions
- 21 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 22 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 23 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 24 Chicago eateries downtown
- 25 Lake Rabun Hotel