This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 2 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 3 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 4 Should I cancel Florida vacation?
- 5 Ashland, Wisconsin
- 6 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 7 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 8 Highway 1 motels
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 Mendocino Hiking
- 11 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 12 Grand Canyon Rafting Companies
- 13 11 days SE coast road trip
- 14 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 15 NC large cabin rental - Thanksgiving
- 16 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 17 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 18 Deep South sept 2015
- 19 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 20 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 21 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 22 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 23 Car Hire Alamo
- 24 Telluride Parking - Cheaper Options
- 25 International student, applying for school