This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 2 florida gulf coast
- 3 Visting a friend during layover
- 4 Alaska trip itinerary
- 5 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 6 Must see places around Burlington, VT
- 7 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 8 Road trip from San Diego to San Francisco with kids
- 9 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 10 Maine- Portland to Bar Habor Advice needed
- 11 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 12 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 13 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 14 Road trip advice needed please
- 15 Chicago restaurants
- 16 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 17 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 18 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 19 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 20 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 21 Newark long term parking
- 22 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 23 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 24 Help plan my trip please
- 25 Heading to Asheville, NC