This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Traveling to north cali for the first time!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 6 Family Camp in Maine
- 7 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 8 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 9 Phoenix restaurants
- 10 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 11 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Travel West Coast
- 14 New York City Restaurants
- 15 Timeshare Nightmares
- 16 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 17 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 18 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 19 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 20 Brooklyn why?
- 21 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 22 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 23 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 24 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 25 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach