This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 2 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 3 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 4 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 5 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 6 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 7 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 8 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 9 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 10 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 11 Extended weekend beach get away
- 12 Parking US OPEN
- 13 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 14 GPS app without data
- 15 Steamboat in August
- 16 Southern history- walkable cities
- 17 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 18 Autumn in Maine
- 19 10 days vacation in Maine
- 20 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 21 san fransisco to crater lake
- 22 Desert Southwest
- 23 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 24 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 25 Zion and Bryce in July