This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 2 Theatre, music outside on a summer night in NYC?
- 3 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 4 Depot Bay OR
- 5 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 6 Glacier National Park in September
- 7 World's Longest Yard Sale - don't go!
- 8 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 9 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 10 trip to Charlettesville VA
- 11 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 12 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 13 New Software
- 14 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 15 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 16 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 17 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 18 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 19 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 20 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 21 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 22 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 23 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 24 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 25 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view