This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Traveling to north cali for the first time!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 2 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 3 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 4 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 5 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 6 san fran sightseeing
- 7 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 8 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 9 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 10 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 11 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 14 Boston in winter?
- 15 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 16 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 19 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 20 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 21 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 22 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 23 Colorado Skiing
- 24 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 25 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea