This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Traveling to north cali for the first time!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 2 New Orleans Motel Question
- 3 Getting to Key West
- 4 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 7 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 8 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 9 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 10 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 11 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 12 Happy Hour
- 13 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 14 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 15 road trip Houston-NJ
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 18 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 19 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 20 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 21 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 24 The Sagamore - Winter Activities
- 25 Portsmouth NH to NYC