This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 2 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 3 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 4 Train from east cost to west coast
- 5 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 6 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 7 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 8 Arches or Zion?
- 9 Route 66
- 10 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 11 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 12 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 13 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 14 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 15 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 16 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 17 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 18 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 19 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 20 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 21 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 22 Northern California Gardens.
- 23 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 24 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 25 Trip Report Part 1 - Carmel/Monterey, Yosemite and Sequoia (w/teens)