This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Traveling to north cali for the first time!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 2 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 3 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 4 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 5 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 6 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 7 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 8 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 9 Condo Rental in Florida
- 10 Ride Share DEN to CB 3/18
- 11 10 day trip
- 12 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 13 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 14 How safe would feel with the key in your front door overnight?
- 15 Maui - Haleakala
- 16 planning a trip to US
- 17 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 18 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 19 Good local restaurants E30th St New York?
- 20 Waltham, MA to Boston-Logan Airport
- 21 http://testxtremefacts.com/progain-350/
- 22 Texas
- 23 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 24 Help with Grand Canyon trip in June
- 25 Final dinner in NYC recommendations