This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Traveling to north cali for the first time!
- 1 San Luis Obispo to Death Valley in January
- 2 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 3 San Francisco and Napa in 3 nights! Please help
- 4 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 5 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 6 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 7 Small Sofas
- 8 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 9 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 10 Trying To Find a Place
- 11 romantic colorado trip
- 12 Fourth of July Weekend
- 13 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 14 Fires in Colorado
- 15 Marcola?
- 16 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 17 Updates from Hanalei
- 18 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 19 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 20 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 21 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 22 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 23 One day in NYC
- 24 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 25 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone