This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 2 November redwoods trip
- 3 San Fran
- 4 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 5 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 6 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 7 Seattle?
- 8 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 9 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 10 SF and northern California - October
- 11 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 12 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 13 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 14 Alabama trip in Dec
- 15 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 16 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 17 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 18 Yellowstone
- 19 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 20 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 21 costco Big island
- 22 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 23 Which island for R&R?
- 24 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 25 Olympic NP w/toddler