This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii and...where?
- 2 Christmas in Colorado
- 3 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 4 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 5 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 6 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 7 Marfa/Big Bend
- 8 usa roadtrip
- 9 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 10 DC Restaurants
- 11 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 12 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 13 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 14 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 15 JFK to Washington
- 16 Phoenix for the weekend
- 17 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 18 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 19 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 20 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 21 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 22 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 23 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 24 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 25 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot