This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/xiphos-supplement/
- 2 Great OR beach house locations?
- 3 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 4 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 5 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 6 Honeymoon on PCH
- 7 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 8 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 9 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 10 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 11 No Spam this morning!!
- 12 San Francisco transit options
- 13 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 14 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 15 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 16 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 17 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 18 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 19 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 20 Ideas for New York
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 23 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 24 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 25 San Francisco food suggestions?