This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MSN HELP NUMBER 1877-509-0415
- 2 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 3 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 4 Touring Hearst Castle
- 5 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 6 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 7 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 8 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 9 car rentals in San Diego
- 10 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 11 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 12 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 13 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 14 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 15 Angels Landing
- 16 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 17 First time visit to California
- 18 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 19 NY State Assembly Internship
- 20 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 21 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 22 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 23 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 24 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 25 San Francisco