This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Traveling to north cali for the first time!
- 1 Princeville in January
- 2 hotel near Met NYC
- 3 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 4 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 5 Warm and don't Drive
- 6 RIP Judy Rogers
- 7 pa to az
- 8 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 9 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 10 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 13 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 14 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 15 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 16 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 17 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 18 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 21 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 22 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 23 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 Yountville or Napa in February??