This is my first post here, so let me thank you all in advance for any and all advice! My live-in girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the San Francisco area this summer, after a very convoluted and busy period in our lives (taking the CPA exam, for anyone who can relate ). Anyway, the plan is to fly in to San Francisco, see the sights for 3-4 days and then drive out from there for an additional 5-6 days, for a total of 9 days and 8 nights. We are coming from South Florida, and we are open as to where our return flight departs from. We are interested in the Redwoods, Yosemite, small B&Bs, small charming towns, but not so much interested in the wine country (we are not drinkers), other than for driving around and taking pictures, on our way to a different destination. We also don't want to try to fit in too much during our trip, preferring to really see 2-3 great destinations, with large chunks of rest periods in between (I do need to catch up on my sleep!), rather than skimming over all of North Cali.
Biggest thing is that I'm planning to propose during this trip. So I would really appreciate suggestions for a beautiful, secluded location where we can go for a short hike and picnic, and where I can pop the question. I really appreciate you reading this and for your advice, and please feel free to ask any pertinent questions
Traveling to north cali for the first time!
- 1 Washington Wineries
- 2 Breakfast in Chelsea district NYC
- 3 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 4 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 5 Less commercial beach?
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 8 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 9 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 10 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 11 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 12 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 13 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 14 Priceline, WARNING
- 15 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 16 Kauai golf
- 17 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 18 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 19 stay near newark or nyc
- 20 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 21 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 22 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 23 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 24 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 25 JFK to Upper West Side by subway