I am planning on traveling cross country for a period of around 24 days, taking the bus and stopping at the most famous tourist areas of the country. All my life I haven't done anything crazy, and I figure I should do something before I am too old to justify it.
I would like your opinion on the following topics:
1) Do you think it is doable for the time frame?
2) Do you think it is safe? (I am a 21 y.o female)
2) How much would it cost? I am aiming at around $800 total
3) Which attractions do you recommend to see (I am more of a nature person, big city lights are not that attractive to me. Also, I would like to get a feel of the South more than the North, since I have lived in the North my whole life.).
I would like to go alone as a way to become more independent, which is something I really need. So please share any thoughts you may have. I haven't traveled much outside of the New England area so please give as many details as you can! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 2 First Trip to Texas -
- 3 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 4 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 5 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 6 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 7 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 8 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 9 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 10 Beaches in Florida
- 11 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 12 Nashville Questions
- 13 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 14 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 15 Downtown Chicago
- 16 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 17 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 18 Transportation from Lahaina to Kaanapali Westin
- 19 Charleston Hotel Question
- 20 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 21 New Hampshire
- 22 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 23 Driving to Naples fl
- 24 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 25 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania