I am planning on traveling cross country for a period of around 24 days, taking the bus and stopping at the most famous tourist areas of the country. All my life I haven't done anything crazy, and I figure I should do something before I am too old to justify it.
I would like your opinion on the following topics:
1) Do you think it is doable for the time frame?
2) Do you think it is safe? (I am a 21 y.o female)
2) How much would it cost? I am aiming at around $800 total
3) Which attractions do you recommend to see (I am more of a nature person, big city lights are not that attractive to me. Also, I would like to get a feel of the South more than the North, since I have lived in the North my whole life.).
I would like to go alone as a way to become more independent, which is something I really need. So please share any thoughts you may have. I haven't traveled much outside of the New England area so please give as many details as you can! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 2 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 3 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 4 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 5 blue ridge parkway?
- 6 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 7 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 8 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 9 Which island for R&R?
- 10 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 11 San Antonio shopping
- 12 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 13 First Trip to New Mexico
- 14 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 15 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 16 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 17 San Diego, mission valley
- 18 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 19 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 20 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 21 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 22 Seattle?
- 23 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 24 International transferring planes at CDG
- 25 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM