We will travel on the east coast for 3 weeks, visiting Washington DC, Philadellphia, New York and Boston. We would also like to go to Mansfield, MO to visit Rocky Ridge farm. As far as I can see, it would be easier to use Springfield as base for a day trip.
My question is what choices we have to travel. I have looked at flights but find them somewhat expensive, the examples I looked up were from Boston to Springfield, average 480 USD per person roundtrip. I looked at Greyhound but they seem to take a long time depending on where we start of course, in this case I looked from Boston. And as far as I could see no trains as well that would get us to Springfield.
Renting a car is not an option even though that would be easiest I guess.
Travel to Springfield, MO
- 1 San Luis Obispo to Death Valley in January
- 2 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 3 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 4 San Francisco and Napa in 3 nights! Please help
- 5 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 6 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 7 Small Sofas
- 8 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 9 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 10 Trying To Find a Place
- 11 romantic colorado trip
- 12 Fourth of July Weekend
- 13 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 14 Fires in Colorado
- 15 Marcola?
- 16 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 17 Updates from Hanalei
- 18 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 19 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 20 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 21 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 22 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 23 One day in NYC
- 24 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 25 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone