We have never been to Texas and Louisiana. We are professionals in our 50's flying from Canada for a fall break seeking rest and relaxation, memorable sights and fabulous regional food experiences. Our intent is to spend 1 day in Dallas, either on arrival or departure. We are renting a car and are considering stops of San Antonio, Austin, New Orleans and points between. We enjoy local culture, music, food and clean, reasonable accommodation. Suggestions of what to see and do in late September and early October would be appreciated.
Travel to Dallas Sept26-Oct12 for RnR: Louisiana too? To see in TX & LA?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Alaska
- 5 San Diego grocery stores
- 6 San Diego parks and attractions
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 9 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 10 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 13 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 14 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 17 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 18 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 19 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 20 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 Visiting Denver
- 23 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 24 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 25 Laguna Beach, what to do