Me and my partner are looking to fly to San Fransisco next August for his 30th birthday for 3 weeks (we are flying from the UK) We are looking at hiring a camper van and driving from San Fransisco to Las Vegas and possibly back to San Fransisco to save the one way camper hire fee! .. making the occasional stops along the way at different destinations such as LA.
We have priced this up to be fairly reasonable, i was just wondering if anyone could suggest any good reliable campsites we could use along the way?
Also any suggestions on attractions we should stop and see or any places we should consider making a pit stop at? I don't want to miss anything
And if someone could let me know the average price of petrol at the moment that will also help!
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 2 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 3 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 4 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 5 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 6 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 7 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 8 Page, AZ area
- 9 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 10 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 11 Traveling Alone
- 12 Northern California Redwoods
- 13 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 14 Redwoods National Park
- 15 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 16 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 17 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 18 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 19 New Mexico in May
- 20 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 21 New Years Eve in NYC
- 22 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 23 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Yellowstone
- 25 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR