Me and my partner are looking to fly to San Fransisco next August for his 30th birthday for 3 weeks (we are flying from the UK) We are looking at hiring a camper van and driving from San Fransisco to Las Vegas and possibly back to San Fransisco to save the one way camper hire fee! .. making the occasional stops along the way at different destinations such as LA.
We have priced this up to be fairly reasonable, i was just wondering if anyone could suggest any good reliable campsites we could use along the way?
Also any suggestions on attractions we should stop and see or any places we should consider making a pit stop at? I don't want to miss anything
And if someone could let me know the average price of petrol at the moment that will also help!
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 2 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 3 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 4 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 5 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 6 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 7 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 8 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 9 Orlando area weather in June
- 10 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 11 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 12 New Itinerary
- 13 Help with Northwest Trip
- 14 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 15 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 16 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 17 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 18 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 19 road trip
- 20 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 21 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 22 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 23 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 24 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 25 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI