Me and my partner are looking to fly to San Fransisco next August for his 30th birthday for 3 weeks (we are flying from the UK) We are looking at hiring a camper van and driving from San Fransisco to Las Vegas and possibly back to San Fransisco to save the one way camper hire fee! .. making the occasional stops along the way at different destinations such as LA.
We have priced this up to be fairly reasonable, i was just wondering if anyone could suggest any good reliable campsites we could use along the way?
Also any suggestions on attractions we should stop and see or any places we should consider making a pit stop at? I don't want to miss anything
And if someone could let me know the average price of petrol at the moment that will also help!
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 2 Alaska Trip Report: Anchorage, Denali, Seward, Juneau & Glacier Bay
- 3 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 4 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 5 Best route to Cody?
- 6 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 7 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 8 NYC Vacation Packages - Two Thumbs Up!
- 9 Las Vegas
- 10 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 11 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 12 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 13 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 14 national/state park in November
- 15 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 16 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 17 50th in Hawaii
- 18 Florida Family vacation in California
- 19 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 20 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 21 traveling to Nashville
- 22 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 23 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 24 San Francisco California
- 25 My Topic Tennessee; no makeup or hair products