My husband and I are planning a get away the second week of October. We are planning to fly into Greenville SC on a Tuesday, drive into Asheville NC and visit the Biltmore and some of the surrounding area on Wednesday and Thursday. Since I have always wanted to visit Charleston and Savannah I am toying with the idea of a quick flight (or should we drive?) to Charleston (or would Savanah be better?) and spend Friday and Saturday on the coast. I would love opinions on these ideas. I realize this is a short amount of time in each area but we are really just wanting to get a flavor and can always come back to explore areas that we like. We have never been anywhere close to the Carolinas so please, please let us know what is a must see. We are not hikers, love the beautiful scenery for a minute or two but we both tend to be a little ADD.
Travel help in the Carolina's
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 2 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 3 NYC IN AUGUST
- 4 Road Trip SW
- 5 Will have five days in Savannah
- 6 Itinerary opinions
- 7 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 8 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 9 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 10 Chicago trip
- 11 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 12 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 13 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 14 Fancy dining
- 15 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 16 culpepper
- 17 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 18 Santa Barbara, California
- 19 moving to florida
- 20 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 21 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 22 Road trip Houston to DC- where should we stop?
- 23 May visit to Denali
- 24 Help me o plan a trip from Calary to US
- 25 Day trip to CT from NYC