My husband and I are planning a get away the second week of October. We are planning to fly into Greenville SC on a Tuesday, drive into Asheville NC and visit the Biltmore and some of the surrounding area on Wednesday and Thursday. Since I have always wanted to visit Charleston and Savannah I am toying with the idea of a quick flight (or should we drive?) to Charleston (or would Savanah be better?) and spend Friday and Saturday on the coast. I would love opinions on these ideas. I realize this is a short amount of time in each area but we are really just wanting to get a flavor and can always come back to explore areas that we like. We have never been anywhere close to the Carolinas so please, please let us know what is a must see. We are not hikers, love the beautiful scenery for a minute or two but we both tend to be a little ADD.
Travel help in the Carolina's
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 2 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 6 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 7 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 8 Maui vacation
- 9 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 14 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 15 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 18 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 19 WISCONSIN
- 20 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 21 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 25 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!