My husband and I are planning a get away the second week of October. We are planning to fly into Greenville SC on a Tuesday, drive into Asheville NC and visit the Biltmore and some of the surrounding area on Wednesday and Thursday. Since I have always wanted to visit Charleston and Savannah I am toying with the idea of a quick flight (or should we drive?) to Charleston (or would Savanah be better?) and spend Friday and Saturday on the coast. I would love opinions on these ideas. I realize this is a short amount of time in each area but we are really just wanting to get a flavor and can always come back to explore areas that we like. We have never been anywhere close to the Carolinas so please, please let us know what is a must see. We are not hikers, love the beautiful scenery for a minute or two but we both tend to be a little ADD.
Travel help in the Carolina's
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Denver in a half day
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 14 Oahu ideas
- 15 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 16 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 Best places to move to Florida?
- 18 West Coast Bound End of March
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 21 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 22 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 23 Key Largo, FL
- 24 Death Valley in June
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle