My husband, two sons, and I will be spending 8 nights in the Upper West side in NYC, then traveling to Greenport for 4 nights. We would like to also visit the Hamptons when we are there. What is the best way to get from NYC to the Hamptons? I understand that we will likely need to rent a car. Is that correct? Where would be the most economical place to rent it? At one of the airports? Once we get to Greenport, how do we go about visiting the Hamptons? Someone told us it was best to take a boat. We are expecting a lot of traffic. Any help you can give us would be appreciated. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation Apartment Rentals
- 2 Birthday vacation ideas
- 3 Colorado Hiking in September
- 4 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 5 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 6 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 7 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 8 Traveling with an infant
- 9 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 10 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 11 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 12 Key West, FL
- 13 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 14 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 15 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 16 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 17 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 18 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 19 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 20 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 21 driving RT 66
- 22 From Newark to Manhattan
- 23 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 24 Relocating to Washington DC
- 25 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
Travel from NYC to Greenport, then from Greenport to the Hamptons