My husband, two sons, and I will be spending 8 nights in the Upper West side in NYC, then traveling to Greenport for 4 nights. We would like to also visit the Hamptons when we are there. What is the best way to get from NYC to the Hamptons? I understand that we will likely need to rent a car. Is that correct? Where would be the most economical place to rent it? At one of the airports? Once we get to Greenport, how do we go about visiting the Hamptons? Someone told us it was best to take a boat. We are expecting a lot of traffic. Any help you can give us would be appreciated. Thank you.
Travel from NYC to Greenport, then from Greenport to the Hamptons
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 2 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 3 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 4 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 5 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 6 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 7 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 8 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 9 culpepper
- 10 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 11 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 12 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 13 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 14 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 15 Pub with food in Seattle
- 16 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 17 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 18 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 19 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 20 Hotel near Miami airport
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 23 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 24 Our perfect day in Key West
- 25 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL