My husband, two sons, and I will be spending 8 nights in the Upper West side in NYC, then traveling to Greenport for 4 nights. We would like to also visit the Hamptons when we are there. What is the best way to get from NYC to the Hamptons? I understand that we will likely need to rent a car. Is that correct? Where would be the most economical place to rent it? At one of the airports? Once we get to Greenport, how do we go about visiting the Hamptons? Someone told us it was best to take a boat. We are expecting a lot of traffic. Any help you can give us would be appreciated. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 2 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 3 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 4 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 5 L.A. and Sequoia
- 6 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 7 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 8 Maine weather and temps
- 9 Not enough time, i guess..
- 10 Broadway
- 11 Week motorcycle ride
- 12 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 13 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?
- 14 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 15 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 16 Traveling across the US
- 17 Great Smoky Mountains National Park Trip Report
- 18 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 19 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 20 less than 1.5 hours international connection at DFW too risky?
- 21 Will need to freshen up in Charelston
- 22 San diego 5 nights with kids/disabled father
- 23 4 Days in Juneau?
- 24 South Dakota "base camp"
- 25 Colorado Family whitewater rafting
Travel from NYC to Greenport, then from Greenport to the Hamptons