My husband, two sons, and I will be spending 8 nights in the Upper West side in NYC, then traveling to Greenport for 4 nights. We would like to also visit the Hamptons when we are there. What is the best way to get from NYC to the Hamptons? I understand that we will likely need to rent a car. Is that correct? Where would be the most economical place to rent it? At one of the airports? Once we get to Greenport, how do we go about visiting the Hamptons? Someone told us it was best to take a boat. We are expecting a lot of traffic. Any help you can give us would be appreciated. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New orleans recs for family
- 2 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 3 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 4 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 5 Later Winter around Mobile
- 6 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 7 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 8 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 9 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 10 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 11 Uber boston
- 12 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 13 Florida keys trip
- 14 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 15 First Time to Maine - Itinerary Help!
- 16 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 17 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 18 Florida beach vacation
- 19 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 20 Hawaii Help
- 21 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 22 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 23 HAWAII; HELP!
- 24 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 25 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
Travel from NYC to Greenport, then from Greenport to the Hamptons