I am taking my daughter to visit Emory University in Atlanta on July 6. We were then going to spend the day in Atlanta and head over to Tuscaloosa, AL for a camp (she stays but I fly out of Birmingham). I figured I would just get a car at the Atlanta airport, but the one-way rentals are exhorbitant (almost $800 for 4 days) so a new plan is needed! I think we'll use the MARTA train plus to get to Emory and then stay in downtown Atlanta near the sights. I actually don't think I'll need a car in Atlanta. Then I plan to use Greyhound for us to get to Birmingham which is very reasonable. I thought I could then rent a car in Birmingham and take us to Tuscaloosa and then return the next day for my flight-- so I won't need to worry about airport shuttles and will have a car in Tuscaloosa. BUT does anyone know how I can get to the airport in Birmingham from the Greyhound station which I think is 618 N 19th St. I have heard there is a Greyhound station at the airport, but can't seem to nail this down. Any other ideas are welcome, too, as I don't know the area and have just had to revamp this whole plan yesterday.
Transportation problems for Atlanta/Tuscaloosa trip
- 1 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 2 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 3 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 4 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 7 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 8 Savanah Sojourn
- 9 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 10 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 11 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 12 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 13 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 14 Warm and don't Drive
- 15 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 16 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 17 Rockport, MA dining?
- 18 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 19 Princeville in January
- 20 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 21 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 22 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 23 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 24 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 25 RIP Judy Rogers