I'm traveling to St. Louis for the Radiohead concert in 2 weeks (May 14th). I arrive at Union Station 2:30pm. Concert starts at 7pm, I'd like to be there around 6-6:30, so that's a 4-hour window to get from place to place (1.5 - 2 hours of which I'd like to use to eat somewhere near the terminal).
I've looked at the St. Louis Regional Transit website to figure out transportation from St. Louis Union Station to the amphitheatre (14141 Riverport Dr), but I can't make heads or tails out of it. I used the police dept's address in Maryland Hts as a terminus point because I wasn't able to just plug in any address, which is extremely frustrating. There are no directions of how to get to the amphitheatre itself or how far that walk might be. I'm thinking it's a few miles walk and I don't want to do that, especially at night when I return; would love to get straight to the venue, if possible.
These are the directions it gives me:
Take metro from Union Station to Police Dept in Maryland Hts, 212 Millwell Dr.
Take Metrolink West from Union Station Metrolink Station to Rock Road Metrolink Station. Depart 3:36 arrive 3:53pm.
Walk to Rock Road Loop to catch the MO Bus 33 and ride that to Shuetz Rd. at Dorset Rd. arrive 4:07pm. Walk from Shuetz Rd to Maryland Hts Police Dept.
Can someone tell me the best way to get from Union Station to the amphitheatre?
Could I take metro/subway and then a bus once inside Maryland Hts - or a cab?
If so, what's a good cab company in Maryland Hts or the website for the bus?
Would either stop in front of the concert venue?
Is it too far to just take a cab from St Louis to Maryland Heights? And back (at 11:30pm or so)?
And if so, I'm worried about getting from the amphitheatre back into town to catch transportation at 1:15am. I'm thinking I have about a 2-hour window. Which *should* be plenty of time but you never know.
Thanks for all your help!
Transport from Union Station St. Louis to Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Maryland Hts?
- 1 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 2 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 3 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 4 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 5 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 6 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 7 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 8 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 9 RIP Judy Rogers
- 10 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 11 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 12 Boston area
- 13 Savanah Sojourn
- 14 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 15 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 18 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 19 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 20 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 21 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 22 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 23 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 24 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 25 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!