I'm planning for a trip to some national parks of the SW USA and was wondering if it is easy to make the transport connections between them by public transport.
The plan is to stay about 2-3 weeks there, walk around in the wild, camp, enjoy nature, take nice photos ( but no extreme sports).
Also we would stay a few days more, at a couple of cities in the area - maybe basing at Phoenix and Las Vegas is fine and also practical for flights in/out.
Which partks to vist, would also depend to an extend, on feasibility of moving between them.
Some parks we'd love to visit, are in the area roughly from Grand Canyon AZ to Arches UT and some radius around these.
Yellostone is one more excellent idea too, but seems more far away.
probably we 'll be 2 persons, so renting a car could be ok at some parts, but maybe not for the entire time, for reasons of keeping the costs lower...
so, if you have some tips - recomendations, for making an interesting, practical and low budget itinerary, please do send your suggestions!!
many thanks to all, happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 2 Alaska Trip Report: Anchorage, Denali, Seward, Juneau & Glacier Bay
- 3 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 4 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 5 Best route to Cody?
- 6 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 7 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 8 NYC Vacation Packages - Two Thumbs Up!
- 9 Las Vegas
- 10 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 11 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 12 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 13 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 14 national/state park in November
- 15 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 16 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 17 50th in Hawaii
- 18 Florida Family vacation in California
- 19 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 20 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 21 traveling to Nashville
- 22 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 23 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 24 San Francisco California
- 25 My Topic Tennessee; no makeup or hair products