I'm planning for a trip to some national parks of the SW USA and was wondering if it is easy to make the transport connections between them by public transport.
The plan is to stay about 2-3 weeks there, walk around in the wild, camp, enjoy nature, take nice photos ( but no extreme sports).
Also we would stay a few days more, at a couple of cities in the area - maybe basing at Phoenix and Las Vegas is fine and also practical for flights in/out.
Which partks to vist, would also depend to an extend, on feasibility of moving between them.
Some parks we'd love to visit, are in the area roughly from Grand Canyon AZ to Arches UT and some radius around these.
Yellostone is one more excellent idea too, but seems more far away.
probably we 'll be 2 persons, so renting a car could be ok at some parts, but maybe not for the entire time, for reasons of keeping the costs lower...
so, if you have some tips - recomendations, for making an interesting, practical and low budget itinerary, please do send your suggestions!!
many thanks to all, happy travels!
Transport between SW National Parks ~ 3 weeks trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 2 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 5 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 6 Myrtle Beach
- 7 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 8 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 9 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 10 Colorado in the summer!
- 11 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 12 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 13 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 14 Washington DC Metro
- 15 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 16 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 17 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 18 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 19 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 20 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 21 Travel West Coast
- 22 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 23 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 24 Wine Country Picnic
- 25 traveling Amtrak cross country