I'm planning for a trip to some national parks of the SW USA and was wondering if it is easy to make the transport connections between them by public transport.
The plan is to stay about 2-3 weeks there, walk around in the wild, camp, enjoy nature, take nice photos ( but no extreme sports).
Also we would stay a few days more, at a couple of cities in the area - maybe basing at Phoenix and Las Vegas is fine and also practical for flights in/out.
Which partks to vist, would also depend to an extend, on feasibility of moving between them.
Some parks we'd love to visit, are in the area roughly from Grand Canyon AZ to Arches UT and some radius around these.
Yellostone is one more excellent idea too, but seems more far away.
probably we 'll be 2 persons, so renting a car could be ok at some parts, but maybe not for the entire time, for reasons of keeping the costs lower...
so, if you have some tips - recomendations, for making an interesting, practical and low budget itinerary, please do send your suggestions!!
many thanks to all, happy travels!
Transport between SW National Parks ~ 3 weeks trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 2 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 3 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 4 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 5 united and carry-ons
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 9 Cape Cod in early April
- 10 USA with a 3 year old
- 11 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 15 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 18 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 25 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver