I'm planning for a trip to some national parks of the SW USA and was wondering if it is easy to make the transport connections between them by public transport.
The plan is to stay about 2-3 weeks there, walk around in the wild, camp, enjoy nature, take nice photos ( but no extreme sports).
Also we would stay a few days more, at a couple of cities in the area - maybe basing at Phoenix and Las Vegas is fine and also practical for flights in/out.
Which partks to vist, would also depend to an extend, on feasibility of moving between them.
Some parks we'd love to visit, are in the area roughly from Grand Canyon AZ to Arches UT and some radius around these.
Yellostone is one more excellent idea too, but seems more far away.
probably we 'll be 2 persons, so renting a car could be ok at some parts, but maybe not for the entire time, for reasons of keeping the costs lower...
so, if you have some tips - recomendations, for making an interesting, practical and low budget itinerary, please do send your suggestions!!
many thanks to all, happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 2 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 3 DC Metro to other sites?
- 4 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 5 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 6 DC Hotel location help
- 7 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 8 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 9 Dinosaur National Monument
- 10 Eastern Seaboard
- 11 Would you go on a trip if you had to use crutches?
- 12 Cleveland West Side Market
- 13 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 14 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 15 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 16 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 17 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 18 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 19 Miami airport--safety??
- 20 Zurich airport connections
- 21 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 22 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 23 Recent Spam Attacks
- 24 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 25 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?