I'm planning for a trip to some national parks of the SW USA and was wondering if it is easy to make the transport connections between them by public transport.
The plan is to stay about 2-3 weeks there, walk around in the wild, camp, enjoy nature, take nice photos ( but no extreme sports).
Also we would stay a few days more, at a couple of cities in the area - maybe basing at Phoenix and Las Vegas is fine and also practical for flights in/out.
Which partks to vist, would also depend to an extend, on feasibility of moving between them.
Some parks we'd love to visit, are in the area roughly from Grand Canyon AZ to Arches UT and some radius around these.
Yellostone is one more excellent idea too, but seems more far away.
probably we 'll be 2 persons, so renting a car could be ok at some parts, but maybe not for the entire time, for reasons of keeping the costs lower...
so, if you have some tips - recomendations, for making an interesting, practical and low budget itinerary, please do send your suggestions!!
many thanks to all, happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii - where?
- 2 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 3 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 4 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 5 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 6 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 7 Paying for Permit Land Crossing USA to Mexico
- 8 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 9 what western states to spend the most time in
- 10 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 11 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 12 Little Compton, RI
- 13 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 14 Moab UT Accommendations
- 15 A week in NYC - first timers
- 16 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 17 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 18 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 19 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 20 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 21 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 22 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 23 Retiring in Florida
- 24 Help with first time
- 25 NJ to Florida drive