I'm planning for a trip to some national parks of the SW USA and was wondering if it is easy to make the transport connections between them by public transport.
The plan is to stay about 2-3 weeks there, walk around in the wild, camp, enjoy nature, take nice photos ( but no extreme sports).
Also we would stay a few days more, at a couple of cities in the area - maybe basing at Phoenix and Las Vegas is fine and also practical for flights in/out.
Which partks to vist, would also depend to an extend, on feasibility of moving between them.
Some parks we'd love to visit, are in the area roughly from Grand Canyon AZ to Arches UT and some radius around these.
Yellostone is one more excellent idea too, but seems more far away.
probably we 'll be 2 persons, so renting a car could be ok at some parts, but maybe not for the entire time, for reasons of keeping the costs lower...
so, if you have some tips - recomendations, for making an interesting, practical and low budget itinerary, please do send your suggestions!!
many thanks to all, happy travels!
Transport between SW National Parks ~ 3 weeks trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 2 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 3 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 4 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 5 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 6 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 7 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 8 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 9 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 10 Best places to move to Florida?
- 11 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 12 Juneau May 8th
- 13 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 16 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 19 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 20 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 21 West Coast Bound End of March
- 22 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 23 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 24 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 25 Salt Lake City, Utah