I'm planning for a trip to some national parks of the SW USA and was wondering if it is easy to make the transport connections between them by public transport.
The plan is to stay about 2-3 weeks there, walk around in the wild, camp, enjoy nature, take nice photos ( but no extreme sports).
Also we would stay a few days more, at a couple of cities in the area - maybe basing at Phoenix and Las Vegas is fine and also practical for flights in/out.
Which partks to vist, would also depend to an extend, on feasibility of moving between them.
Some parks we'd love to visit, are in the area roughly from Grand Canyon AZ to Arches UT and some radius around these.
Yellostone is one more excellent idea too, but seems more far away.
probably we 'll be 2 persons, so renting a car could be ok at some parts, but maybe not for the entire time, for reasons of keeping the costs lower...
so, if you have some tips - recomendations, for making an interesting, practical and low budget itinerary, please do send your suggestions!!
many thanks to all, happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 2 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 3 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 4 North Carolina Coast
- 5 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 6 myrtle beach
- 7 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 8 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 9 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 10 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 11 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 12 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 13 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 14 NYC with wheelchair
- 15 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 16 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 17 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 18 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 19 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 20 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 21 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 22 New Orleans logistics
- 23 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 24 Hilton Head
- 25 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field