My friend and I am planning a train trip down the South Atlantic from Philadelphia in June. We will be stopping at Charleston and Savannah, and I want to visit Florida since I've never been, but am debating between Tampa and Miami (and Orlando, but less so). Which city is more unique/interesting in terms of culture and the people, and also more walkable? We aren't too interested in all the touristy stuff (ie no amusement parks or museums or any of that, and beaches aren't a priority) and will be there at most 2 days.
Thanks for any help you could give me!!
Train trip to Florida - Tampa or Miami?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 2 Boston suggestions
- 3 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 4 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 5 Looking for Next Destination
- 6 Tucson area flooding
- 7 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 8 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 9 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 10 West Coast Road Trip
- 11 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 12 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 13 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 14 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 15 Seattle : Airport to Hotel best/economical transportation??
- 16 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 17 first time in AZ
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 20 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 23 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 24 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 25 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice