My friend and I am planning a train trip down the South Atlantic from Philadelphia in June. We will be stopping at Charleston and Savannah, and I want to visit Florida since I've never been, but am debating between Tampa and Miami (and Orlando, but less so). Which city is more unique/interesting in terms of culture and the people, and also more walkable? We aren't too interested in all the touristy stuff (ie no amusement parks or museums or any of that, and beaches aren't a priority) and will be there at most 2 days.
Thanks for any help you could give me!!
Train trip to Florida - Tampa or Miami?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas, GC, Page, Bryce, Zion - August with teens - advice welcome
- 2 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 3 Help on choosing outdoorsy town to move to after college
- 4 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 5 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 6 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 7 Boston to see Sargent works
- 8 Trip report, Part 4 - Monument Valley, Arches, Bryce, Vegas, Jan 2015
- 9 New York City - apartment locations
- 10 Utah 2
- 11 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 12 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 13 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 14 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 15 Tudor city -special help/info
- 16 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 17 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 18 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 19 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 20 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 21 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 22 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 23 must see and do's in Maui?
- 24 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 25 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon