My friend and I am planning a train trip down the South Atlantic from Philadelphia in June. We will be stopping at Charleston and Savannah, and I want to visit Florida since I've never been, but am debating between Tampa and Miami (and Orlando, but less so). Which city is more unique/interesting in terms of culture and the people, and also more walkable? We aren't too interested in all the touristy stuff (ie no amusement parks or museums or any of that, and beaches aren't a priority) and will be there at most 2 days.
Thanks for any help you could give me!!
Train trip to Florida - Tampa or Miami?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Yosemite in Winter
- 4 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 5 Quick SoCal question
- 6 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 7 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 8 Tampa in February
- 9 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 10 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 11 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 12 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 13 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 14 New England September
- 15 NYC taxi vs car service
- 16 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 17 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 18 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 19 Austin Food Trucks
- 20 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 21 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 22 searching for urban master planned community
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Condos near Disney World
- 25 family celebration trip