My friend and I am planning a train trip down the South Atlantic from Philadelphia in June. We will be stopping at Charleston and Savannah, and I want to visit Florida since I've never been, but am debating between Tampa and Miami (and Orlando, but less so). Which city is more unique/interesting in terms of culture and the people, and also more walkable? We aren't too interested in all the touristy stuff (ie no amusement parks or museums or any of that, and beaches aren't a priority) and will be there at most 2 days.
Thanks for any help you could give me!!
Train trip to Florida - Tampa or Miami?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 10 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 11 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 12 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 13 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 14 Denver in a half day
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 17 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 18 Oahu ideas
- 19 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 20 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 West Coast Bound End of March
- 23 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 24 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 25 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC