My friend and I am planning a train trip down the South Atlantic from Philadelphia in June. We will be stopping at Charleston and Savannah, and I want to visit Florida since I've never been, but am debating between Tampa and Miami (and Orlando, but less so). Which city is more unique/interesting in terms of culture and the people, and also more walkable? We aren't too interested in all the touristy stuff (ie no amusement parks or museums or any of that, and beaches aren't a priority) and will be there at most 2 days.
Thanks for any help you could give me!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 2 Adirondacks trip repot
- 3 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 4 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 5 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 6 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 7 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 8 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 9 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 10 New England Tour
- 11 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 12 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 13 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 14 Downtown Denver hotel
- 15 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 16 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 17 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 18 San Diego VRBO area
- 19 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 20 Glacier National Park 2018
- 21 Muir Woods in October
- 22 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 23 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 24 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 25 Disneyland Grand Californian