My friend and I am planning a train trip down the South Atlantic from Philadelphia in June. We will be stopping at Charleston and Savannah, and I want to visit Florida since I've never been, but am debating between Tampa and Miami (and Orlando, but less so). Which city is more unique/interesting in terms of culture and the people, and also more walkable? We aren't too interested in all the touristy stuff (ie no amusement parks or museums or any of that, and beaches aren't a priority) and will be there at most 2 days.
Thanks for any help you could give me!!
Train trip to Florida - Tampa or Miami?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in D.C.
- 2 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 3 Jersey City Parking
- 4 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 5 Washington DC Metro
- 6 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 11 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 12 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 13 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 14 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 15 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 16 Alaska cruise and land
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 19 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 20 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 21 NYC taxi vs car service
- 22 rain in Kauai
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?