I plan to take a train from New York to Boston whilst visiting in August but when I log into Amtrak website it only offers two options for purchasing tickets; 1) Express Delivery (but this doesn't include anywhere out of the USA or Canada) or 2) Collect from a Quik-Trak kiosk, which I'm not fond of because I won't know until I arrive in the US whether I actually have a ticket. I have tried emailing Amtrak but haven't had a response. So how does someone from Australia pre book a train ticket? Also, can anyone advise re refund policy on either the regional or Acela trains, i.e. do I have the option of cancelling or rescheduling if I needed to? Any advice would great, thanks
Train Boston to New York
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco - mid October
- 2 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 3 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 4 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 5 Vegas hotels for families
- 6 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 7 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 8 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 9 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 10 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 11 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 12 best area to stay in san diego
- 13 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 14 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 15 Two airports to choose from?
- 16 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 17 layover
- 18 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 21 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 22 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 23 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 24 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?