I plan to take a train from New York to Boston whilst visiting in August but when I log into Amtrak website it only offers two options for purchasing tickets; 1) Express Delivery (but this doesn't include anywhere out of the USA or Canada) or 2) Collect from a Quik-Trak kiosk, which I'm not fond of because I won't know until I arrive in the US whether I actually have a ticket. I have tried emailing Amtrak but haven't had a response. So how does someone from Australia pre book a train ticket? Also, can anyone advise re refund policy on either the regional or Acela trains, i.e. do I have the option of cancelling or rescheduling if I needed to? Any advice would great, thanks
Train Boston to New York
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 2 united and carry-ons
- 3 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 4 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 5 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 8 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 9 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 10 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 11 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 12 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 13 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 16 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 17 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 18 Philadelphia
- 19 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 20 USA with a 3 year old
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 NYC theatre broadway
- 23 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 24 Universal studios/Orlando
- 25 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations