I am researching possible towns to move to in Virginia outside of DC. We are a family of four and our kids are in elementary school. We currently live in Rockville, MD. My husband works in Chantilly, VA and so the commute is absolutely soul crushing!
We are thinking it makes sense to move even though we love Maryland. I'm hoping experts out there can help us. Here is the wish list:
- we like the idea of being near the mountains but we don't want to be in a remote backwoods area
- we would love a town with a vibrant downtown -- historic, quaint, good dining, etc.
- coming from MD, you may have guessed we lean left on the political spectrum so we're hoping for a town that is not too conservative
- we don't want to live in Alexandria or Arlington
- Thoughts on Leesburg?
- which are the best school districts?
- we like an artsy, eclectic and diverse population -- (think Takoma Park)
Not sure if this exists in Virginia, but I'm hoping to find a gem on here. Regarding house prices we could do between 350k to 500k single family neighborhood.
Thank you for any advice!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 2 Philly Itinerary Help
- 3 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 5 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 6 Need cool place to stay in Sedona without breaking the bank
- 7 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 8 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 9 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 10 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 11 California in July - need itinerary help please
- 12 Bryce and Zion planning
- 13 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 14 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 15 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 16 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 17 Boston with baby
- 18 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 19 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio
- 20 Sacramento Hotel
- 21 USA family tour
- 22 4 days road trip southern New England
- 23 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 24 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 25 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition