Heading north from Asheville, my husband and I would prefer staying in towns right off Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive (or within a few miles) with budget lodging ($100 or less) that would be fun to walk around in at night (a TV is an added plus for us). We plan to stop 4 or 5 nights and it's been a challenge trying to decide where this will be as we head to Washington, D.C. We are considering the Mt. Airy area, and Blowing Rock, NC for starters. Recos for a hotel close to the parkway at Roanoke would also be great. Thanks for any input.
Towns close to Blue Ridge Parkway/Shenandoah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway this week
- 2 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 3 Union Square area restaurant
- 4 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 5 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 6 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 7 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 8 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 9 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 10 Washington DC in Spring?
- 11 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 12 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 13 Richmond highlights?
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 16 Weekend in NYC
- 17 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 18 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 19 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 20 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 21 New York, New York...
- 22 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 23 trains in Europe
- 24 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 25 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014