Heading north from Asheville, my husband and I would prefer staying in towns right off Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive (or within a few miles) with budget lodging ($100 or less) that would be fun to walk around in at night (a TV is an added plus for us). We plan to stop 4 or 5 nights and it's been a challenge trying to decide where this will be as we head to Washington, D.C. We are considering the Mt. Airy area, and Blowing Rock, NC for starters. Recos for a hotel close to the parkway at Roanoke would also be great. Thanks for any input.
Towns close to Blue Ridge Parkway/Shenandoah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 4 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 5 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 6 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 7 Kennedy Space Center
- 8 Jersey City Parking
- 9 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 12 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 13 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 14 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 15 Asheville NC without a car
- 16 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 17 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 18 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 19 Myrtle Beach
- 20 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 21 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 22 Colorado in the summer!
- 23 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?