Heading north from Asheville, my husband and I would prefer staying in towns right off Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive (or within a few miles) with budget lodging ($100 or less) that would be fun to walk around in at night (a TV is an added plus for us). We plan to stop 4 or 5 nights and it's been a challenge trying to decide where this will be as we head to Washington, D.C. We are considering the Mt. Airy area, and Blowing Rock, NC for starters. Recos for a hotel close to the parkway at Roanoke would also be great. Thanks for any input.
Towns close to Blue Ridge Parkway/Shenandoah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 6 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 7 Philadelphia
- 8 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 11 USA with a 3 year old
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 14 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 15 NYC theatre broadway
- 16 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 17 Universal studios/Orlando
- 18 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 21 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 22 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 23 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 24 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 25 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!