Heading north from Asheville, my husband and I would prefer staying in towns right off Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive (or within a few miles) with budget lodging ($100 or less) that would be fun to walk around in at night (a TV is an added plus for us). We plan to stop 4 or 5 nights and it's been a challenge trying to decide where this will be as we head to Washington, D.C. We are considering the Mt. Airy area, and Blowing Rock, NC for starters. Recos for a hotel close to the parkway at Roanoke would also be great. Thanks for any input.
Towns close to Blue Ridge Parkway/Shenandoah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies
- 2 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 3 Camping Generator!?
- 4 How Do We Get from JFK to Stamford, CT?
- 5 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 6 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 7 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 8 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 9 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 10 4/30/2015 Driving Vegas to Newport Rhode Island - southern route
- 11 DC - WW2 flyover
- 12 New York City-New Things?
- 13 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 14 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 15 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?
- 16 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 17 Alaska Trip Planning
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 20 Things to do in La Jolla
- 21 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 22 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 23 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 25 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do