My husband and I (both 67) will be flying into Atlanta from the UK on April 6th for a 4 week tour of the SE corner of the USA. We are interested, particularly, in the Civil War, the music and the wildlife. Currently, the planned route is Charleston, Savannah, Talahassee(missing the Pan Handle), New Orleans, Lafayette, Natchez, Vicksburg, Memphis, Tupelo (just to do a bit of theNatchez Trace Highway - worth it?), Nashville, Knoxville, Chattenooga and back to Atlanta. We would welcome any advice - diversions to make, places to avoid! Also, advice on accommodation would be welcome, either individual B & Bs or any Motel Chains which are clean/reasonably priced. We like to mix it up to keep the cost down. Our last trip to the USA was to the Eastern States, Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC etc. and we received some excellent advice from the Fodor Forum so we thought we would try again, fingers crossed.
Touring South East USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 searching for urban master planned community
- 2 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 3 New England September
- 4 Hawaii Group Travel
- 5 Austin Food Trucks
- 6 New York To Ashville NC
- 7 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 8 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 9 Fmpden, are you there?
- 10 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 11 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?
- 12 Southern NJ and Bucks County PA - how's it look?
- 13 Train from Memphis to New Orleans
- 14 Charleston Islands
- 15 Family Spring Break 2015
- 16 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 17 san diego or nearby area
- 18 Mother Daughter Trip
- 19 Favorite Lodging/Dining in Jackson Falls, WY
- 20 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 21 Best VoIP headset?
- 22 Family lodging in/near Moab?
- 23 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 24 vacation rentals near Rocky Mountain National Park
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?