My husband and I (both 67) will be flying into Atlanta from the UK on April 6th for a 4 week tour of the SE corner of the USA. We are interested, particularly, in the Civil War, the music and the wildlife. Currently, the planned route is Charleston, Savannah, Talahassee(missing the Pan Handle), New Orleans, Lafayette, Natchez, Vicksburg, Memphis, Tupelo (just to do a bit of theNatchez Trace Highway - worth it?), Nashville, Knoxville, Chattenooga and back to Atlanta. We would welcome any advice - diversions to make, places to avoid! Also, advice on accommodation would be welcome, either individual B & Bs or any Motel Chains which are clean/reasonably priced. We like to mix it up to keep the cost down. Our last trip to the USA was to the Eastern States, Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC etc. and we received some excellent advice from the Fodor Forum so we thought we would try again, fingers crossed.
Touring South East USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 2 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 3 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 4 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 5 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 6 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 7 Oregon Road Trip
- 8 Getaway
- 9 Refining my California Itinerary
- 10 What's new on Maui?
- 11 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 12 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 13 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 14 Colorado aspen updates
- 15 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 16 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 17 Hwy 12 Bryce Canyon to Arches/ Moab in 1 Day w/ Kids help?
- 18 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 19 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 20 Christmas in TX
- 21 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 22 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 23 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 24 Tucson area flooding
- 25 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w