My husband and I (both 67) will be flying into Atlanta from the UK on April 6th for a 4 week tour of the SE corner of the USA. We are interested, particularly, in the Civil War, the music and the wildlife. Currently, the planned route is Charleston, Savannah, Talahassee(missing the Pan Handle), New Orleans, Lafayette, Natchez, Vicksburg, Memphis, Tupelo (just to do a bit of theNatchez Trace Highway - worth it?), Nashville, Knoxville, Chattenooga and back to Atlanta. We would welcome any advice - diversions to make, places to avoid! Also, advice on accommodation would be welcome, either individual B & Bs or any Motel Chains which are clean/reasonably priced. We like to mix it up to keep the cost down. Our last trip to the USA was to the Eastern States, Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC etc. and we received some excellent advice from the Fodor Forum so we thought we would try again, fingers crossed.
Touring South East USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Washington, DC to Boston
- 3 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 4 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 5 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 6 rain in Kauai
- 7 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 8 San Diego Trip Report
- 9 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 10 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 11 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 19 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 20 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 21 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 24 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 25 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?