My husband and I (both 67) will be flying into Atlanta from the UK on April 6th for a 4 week tour of the SE corner of the USA. We are interested, particularly, in the Civil War, the music and the wildlife. Currently, the planned route is Charleston, Savannah, Talahassee(missing the Pan Handle), New Orleans, Lafayette, Natchez, Vicksburg, Memphis, Tupelo (just to do a bit of theNatchez Trace Highway - worth it?), Nashville, Knoxville, Chattenooga and back to Atlanta. We would welcome any advice - diversions to make, places to avoid! Also, advice on accommodation would be welcome, either individual B & Bs or any Motel Chains which are clean/reasonably priced. We like to mix it up to keep the cost down. Our last trip to the USA was to the Eastern States, Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC etc. and we received some excellent advice from the Fodor Forum so we thought we would try again, fingers crossed.
Touring South East USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 WISCONSIN
- 4 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 5 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 6 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 7 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 8 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 9 Dining in D.C.
- 10 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 11 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 14 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 15 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 16 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 17 Colorado in the summer!
- 18 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 19 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 20 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 21 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 22 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 25 Kennedy Space Center