My husband and I (both 67) will be flying into Atlanta from the UK on April 6th for a 4 week tour of the SE corner of the USA. We are interested, particularly, in the Civil War, the music and the wildlife. Currently, the planned route is Charleston, Savannah, Talahassee(missing the Pan Handle), New Orleans, Lafayette, Natchez, Vicksburg, Memphis, Tupelo (just to do a bit of theNatchez Trace Highway - worth it?), Nashville, Knoxville, Chattenooga and back to Atlanta. We would welcome any advice - diversions to make, places to avoid! Also, advice on accommodation would be welcome, either individual B & Bs or any Motel Chains which are clean/reasonably priced. We like to mix it up to keep the cost down. Our last trip to the USA was to the Eastern States, Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC etc. and we received some excellent advice from the Fodor Forum so we thought we would try again, fingers crossed.
Touring South East USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning birthday trip to Big Island & Kauai - advice!
- 2 naples restuarant for anniversary
- 3 Gem hunting near San Diego
- 4 Affordable parking options: Port of Miami?
- 5 Denver Itinerary - 3 nights, 4 days
- 6 NYC play advice needed
- 7 canyon De Chelly or Chaco
- 8 Fredericksburg to see the wildflowers and to sample the wine
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 JFK to midtown/Times Square (47th & 7th)
- 11 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 12 New Orleans-where to stay and what to see?
- 13 carousel bar nola
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Driving from Texas to Yellowstone
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Louisville KY trip report -- attractions and food
- 18 Smoky Mountain Summer
- 19 Ocean Activities around Kauai
- 20 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 21 Please update me on moderate priced ocean front hotels southeast Fla.
- 22 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 23 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 24 Big Sur?
- 25 Sunday Brunch Southern California