I declined insurance... Was charged. Brought car back early was charged late fees. Case ID: 1978201. This complaint is being handled very badly. Agents of Thrifty in the Escalation department are disrespectful, contemptuous and flippant and keep trying to make me hang up and give up. This is completely unacceptable! I called again today and was told no one could take my call.
What a way to treat a customer!
Was just called by Donna Lantz while writing this. She simply states that I signed the contract and should have read it. That this contract contains all of these charges. My complaints fell on deaf ears and she could not have cared less what I was told on rental pickup. She claimed she was "the end of the line," that her decision was final and that there was no other path for me to pursue my issues. She just kept telling me that I signed the contract and therefore all charges were accepted by me. I was asked to sign a debit machine for my credit card. I thought I was signing a debit card machine for a deposit and then was given a printout, which is apparently the "contract" they keep referring to. I was not alone during this rental and have a second person to back up my statements.
I was lied to and overcharged and also billed for hidden charges. (A "late" charge for returning the car when I in fact took it back a day early.)
She didn't seem to care...
She also didn't seem to care when I said I would post where ever I could.
Do not rent from Thrifty Car Rental!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 2 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 3 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 4 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 5 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 6 blue ridge parkway?
- 7 San Diego, mission valley
- 8 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 9 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 10 Seattle?
- 11 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 12 International transferring planes at CDG
- 13 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 14 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 15 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 16 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 17 Day Tripping in Florida Keys
- 18 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 19 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 20 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 21 First Trip to New Mexico
- 22 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 23 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 24 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 25 November redwoods trip