I declined insurance... Was charged. Brought car back early was charged late fees. Case ID: 1978201. This complaint is being handled very badly. Agents of Thrifty in the Escalation department are disrespectful, contemptuous and flippant and keep trying to make me hang up and give up. This is completely unacceptable! I called again today and was told no one could take my call.
What a way to treat a customer!
Was just called by Donna Lantz while writing this. She simply states that I signed the contract and should have read it. That this contract contains all of these charges. My complaints fell on deaf ears and she could not have cared less what I was told on rental pickup. She claimed she was "the end of the line," that her decision was final and that there was no other path for me to pursue my issues. She just kept telling me that I signed the contract and therefore all charges were accepted by me. I was asked to sign a debit machine for my credit card. I thought I was signing a debit card machine for a deposit and then was given a printout, which is apparently the "contract" they keep referring to. I was not alone during this rental and have a second person to back up my statements.
I was lied to and overcharged and also billed for hidden charges. (A "late" charge for returning the car when I in fact took it back a day early.)
She didn't seem to care...
She also didn't seem to care when I said I would post where ever I could.
Do not rent from Thrifty Car Rental!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 June trip to Colorado HELP
- 2 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 3 Colorado Itinerary
- 4 Rocky Mountain High...king
- 5 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 6 SW Colorado Itinerary
- 7 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 8 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 9 US Trip
- 10 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 11 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 12 Maui - luau question
- 13 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 14 Philly Itinerary Help
- 15 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 16 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 17 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 18 Bryce and Zion planning
- 19 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 20 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 21 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 22 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 23 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 24 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 25 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days