I declined insurance... Was charged. Brought car back early was charged late fees. Case ID: 1978201. This complaint is being handled very badly. Agents of Thrifty in the Escalation department are disrespectful, contemptuous and flippant and keep trying to make me hang up and give up. This is completely unacceptable! I called again today and was told no one could take my call.
What a way to treat a customer!
Was just called by Donna Lantz while writing this. She simply states that I signed the contract and should have read it. That this contract contains all of these charges. My complaints fell on deaf ears and she could not have cared less what I was told on rental pickup. She claimed she was "the end of the line," that her decision was final and that there was no other path for me to pursue my issues. She just kept telling me that I signed the contract and therefore all charges were accepted by me. I was asked to sign a debit machine for my credit card. I thought I was signing a debit card machine for a deposit and then was given a printout, which is apparently the "contract" they keep referring to. I was not alone during this rental and have a second person to back up my statements.
I was lied to and overcharged and also billed for hidden charges. (A "late" charge for returning the car when I in fact took it back a day early.)
She didn't seem to care...
She also didn't seem to care when I said I would post where ever I could.
Do not rent from Thrifty Car Rental!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 2 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 3 First Time to California
- 4 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 5 San Francisco and Napa
- 6 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 7 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 8 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 9 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 10 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 11 car rentals in San Diego
- 12 California RV baby and child seats
- 13 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 14 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 15 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 16 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 17 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 18 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 19 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 20 Angels Landing
- 21 First time visit to California
- 22 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 23 NY State Assembly Internship
- 24 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 25 Waikoloa restaurants?