I declined insurance... Was charged. Brought car back early was charged late fees. Case ID: 1978201. This complaint is being handled very badly. Agents of Thrifty in the Escalation department are disrespectful, contemptuous and flippant and keep trying to make me hang up and give up. This is completely unacceptable! I called again today and was told no one could take my call.
What a way to treat a customer!
Was just called by Donna Lantz while writing this. She simply states that I signed the contract and should have read it. That this contract contains all of these charges. My complaints fell on deaf ears and she could not have cared less what I was told on rental pickup. She claimed she was "the end of the line," that her decision was final and that there was no other path for me to pursue my issues. She just kept telling me that I signed the contract and therefore all charges were accepted by me. I was asked to sign a debit machine for my credit card. I thought I was signing a debit card machine for a deposit and then was given a printout, which is apparently the "contract" they keep referring to. I was not alone during this rental and have a second person to back up my statements.
I was lied to and overcharged and also billed for hidden charges. (A "late" charge for returning the car when I in fact took it back a day early.)
She didn't seem to care...
She also didn't seem to care when I said I would post where ever I could.
Do not rent from Thrifty Car Rental!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscart.com/endovex-reviews/
- 2 Alaska cruise
- 3 Sonoma
- 4 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 5 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 6 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 7 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 8 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 9 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 10 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 11 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 12 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 13 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 14 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 15 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 16 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 17 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 18 AR State Parks
- 19 California Trip
- 20 101 closure
- 21 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 22 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 23 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 24 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 25 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast