I declined insurance... Was charged. Brought car back early was charged late fees. Case ID: 1978201. This complaint is being handled very badly. Agents of Thrifty in the Escalation department are disrespectful, contemptuous and flippant and keep trying to make me hang up and give up. This is completely unacceptable! I called again today and was told no one could take my call.
What a way to treat a customer!
Was just called by Donna Lantz while writing this. She simply states that I signed the contract and should have read it. That this contract contains all of these charges. My complaints fell on deaf ears and she could not have cared less what I was told on rental pickup. She claimed she was "the end of the line," that her decision was final and that there was no other path for me to pursue my issues. She just kept telling me that I signed the contract and therefore all charges were accepted by me. I was asked to sign a debit machine for my credit card. I thought I was signing a debit card machine for a deposit and then was given a printout, which is apparently the "contract" they keep referring to. I was not alone during this rental and have a second person to back up my statements.
I was lied to and overcharged and also billed for hidden charges. (A "late" charge for returning the car when I in fact took it back a day early.)
She didn't seem to care...
She also didn't seem to care when I said I would post where ever I could.
Do not rent from Thrifty Car Rental!
Thrifty Car Rental Nightmare, Lauderdale Lakes, Florida
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 San Antonio
- 5 hotel near Met NYC
- 6 Key West on NYE
- 7 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 8 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 9 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 10 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 11 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 12 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 13 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 14 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 15 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 16 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 17 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 20 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 21 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 22 Oahu Information
- 23 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 24 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 25 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?