I declined insurance... Was charged. Brought car back early was charged late fees. Case ID: 1978201. This complaint is being handled very badly. Agents of Thrifty in the Escalation department are disrespectful, contemptuous and flippant and keep trying to make me hang up and give up. This is completely unacceptable! I called again today and was told no one could take my call.
What a way to treat a customer!
Was just called by Donna Lantz while writing this. She simply states that I signed the contract and should have read it. That this contract contains all of these charges. My complaints fell on deaf ears and she could not have cared less what I was told on rental pickup. She claimed she was "the end of the line," that her decision was final and that there was no other path for me to pursue my issues. She just kept telling me that I signed the contract and therefore all charges were accepted by me. I was asked to sign a debit machine for my credit card. I thought I was signing a debit card machine for a deposit and then was given a printout, which is apparently the "contract" they keep referring to. I was not alone during this rental and have a second person to back up my statements.
I was lied to and overcharged and also billed for hidden charges. (A "late" charge for returning the car when I in fact took it back a day early.)
She didn't seem to care...
She also didn't seem to care when I said I would post where ever I could.
Do not rent from Thrifty Car Rental!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 2 Honeymoon on PCH
- 3 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 No Spam this morning!!
- 6 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 7 Ideas for New York
- 8 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 9 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 10 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 11 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 12 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 13 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 14 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 15 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 16 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 17 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 18 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 19 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 20 Help us choose a hotel
- 21 Magic Show
- 22 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 23 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 24 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 25 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017