My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Three weeks in the deep south, Help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 2 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 3 best area to stay in san diego
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 6 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 7 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 8 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 9 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 10 Two airports to choose from?
- 11 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 12 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 13 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 14 San Francisco - mid October
- 15 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 16 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 17 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 18 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 19 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 20 layover
- 21 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 22 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 23 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 24 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?