My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Three weeks in the deep south, Help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 2 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 3 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 4 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 5 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 6 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 7 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 8 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 9 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 10 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 11 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 12 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 13 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 14 Kid School Admission
- 15 NYC hotel/July
- 16 Boston to see Sargent works
- 17 Southern Alabama trip report
- 18 New York City-New Things?
- 19 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 20 Oom-pa-pa at the Y (our “camping” report) April 2015 St. Louis MO
- 21 Alaska Trip Planning
- 22 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 23 Atlanta to LA
- 24 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 25 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??