My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.crazybulkblog.com/alpha-tren-reviews/
- 2 Family reunion ideas
- 3 http://nuvieskincareserum.com/raw-power-xl/
- 4 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 5 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 6 http://gomusclebuilding.com/muscle-xtx/
- 7 san fransisco to crater lake
- 8 http://musclebuildingbuy.com/forever-bust/
- 9 http://rhinorx90eveningblog.com/cerebrrin/
- 10 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 11 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 12 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 13 Itinerary Help Needed
- 14 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 15 Southern history- walkable cities
- 16 Red Rocks Amphitheater places to stay
- 17 Ice cream Cape Cod
- 18 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 19 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 20 Reagan Library
- 21 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 22 US Open Tennis
- 23 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 24 Hawaii with limited time
- 25 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?