My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Three weeks in the deep south, Help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip SW
- 2 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 3 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 4 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 5 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 6 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 7 An RV trip along the coast
- 8 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 9 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 10 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 11 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 12 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 13 Fancy dining
- 14 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 15 Charlotte restaurant help
- 16 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 17 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 18 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 19 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 20 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 21 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 22 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 23 culpepper
- 24 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 25 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver