My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Three weeks in the deep south, Help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 2 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 3 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 4 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 5 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 6 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 7 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 8 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 9 Vegas hotels for families
- 10 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 11 Hilton Midtown New York
- 12 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 13 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 14 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 15 Tour companies
- 16 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 17 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 18 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 19 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 20 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 24 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 25 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?