My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida Beach Hotel
- 2 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 3 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 4 Washington DC with kids
- 5 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 6 My road trip through southern US.
- 7 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 8 Late night eating in Kauai
- 9 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 10 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 11 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 12 Florida Nature Trip
- 13 help from a true New Yorker.
- 14 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 15 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 16 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 17 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 18 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 19 Safety Concerns
- 20 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 21 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 22 Alaska independent tour for group
- 23 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 24 5 days in Colorado
- 25 Trip to northern California