My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 2 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 3 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 4 Awesome Things to do in Door County in the Summer
- 5 Martha's Vineyard area
- 6 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 7 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 8 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 9 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 10 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 11 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 12 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 13 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 14 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 15 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 16 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 17 4 Days in Maui
- 18 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 19 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 20 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 21 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
- 22 Biloxi Suggestions
- 23 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 24 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 25 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington