My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 2 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 3 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 4 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 5 Airfares in the 1970's
- 6 Relocating to the Deep South
- 7 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 8 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 9 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 10 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 11 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 12 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 13 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 14 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 15 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 16 Seattle to San Francisco
- 17 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 18 San Francisco and Napa
- 19 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 20 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 21 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 22 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 23 Budget NYC hotel
- 24 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 25 Timeshare on Cape Cod