My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Three weeks in the deep south, Help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 2 getting around DC
- 3 Overnight stops from NJ to Florida?
- 4 Driving From NE Tennessee to NYC -- Where to Stop?
- 5 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 6 Family trip to New Orleans . . . Suggestions???
- 7 Sights and Restaurants in Brooklyn
- 8 Can you see Oak Alley Plantation from the road?
- 9 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 10 Pearl Harbour Visit Hawaii
- 11 East Coast Road Trip In Late January
- 12 California
- 13 Oahu
- 14 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 15 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 16 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 17 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 18 Vermont trip report - photos and captions
- 19 Oregon Scenic Road Trip from Crater Lake to Portland, Oregon
- 20 Going to Grand Canyon North Rim 2 days, then Bryce (or Zion)
- 21 LA to SF via Yosemite- help with itinerary
- 22 What time is it?
- 23 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 24 San Diego with Kids
- 25 Bostonians weigh in on AirBnB