My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Three weeks in the deep south, Help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California coast: April
- 2 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 3 A Week in Seattle & the Pacific NW
- 4 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 5 Where to Stay in Boston Without Taking Out a Mortgage ...
- 6 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 7 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 8 Road Trip
- 9 Whale watching
- 10 New York Yankee Station
- 11 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 12 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 14 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 15 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 16 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 17 September trip to Michigan
- 18 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 19 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 20 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 21 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 22 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 23 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 24 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 25 Stubhub and NFL Tickets