My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Three weeks in the deep south, Help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 3 New York city--best time to visit??
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 6 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 7 General Utah planning questions
- 8 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 9 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 10 4 week family trip ideas
- 11 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 12 Boston area -- nature
- 13 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 14 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 15 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 16 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 17 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 18 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 19 SFO black friday traffic
- 20 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 21 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 22 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 23 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 24 Dining in Manhattan
- 25 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM