My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 2 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 3 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 4 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 5 Skagway
- 6 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 7 Retiring in NM?
- 8 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 9 Chicago to Charleston
- 10 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 11 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 12 How many states have you been to?
- 13 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 14 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 15 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 16 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 17 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 18 Honeymoon out west.
- 19 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 20 Route Planning for East USA
- 21 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 22 Utah National Parks visit
- 23 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 24 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 25 universal studios and disney