My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Three weeks in the deep south, Help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 4 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 5 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Denver in a half day
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 14 Oahu ideas
- 15 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 16 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 Best places to move to Florida?
- 18 West Coast Bound End of March
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 21 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 22 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 23 Key Largo, FL
- 24 Death Valley in June
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle