My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Day trips from Boston
- 2 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 3 Seattle?
- 4 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 5 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 6 November redwoods trip
- 7 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 8 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 9 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 10 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 11 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 12 First Trip to New Mexico
- 13 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 14 Southern history- walkable cities
- 15 Wedding gifts?
- 16 Have Questions About Florida's Spring Allergy
- 17 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 18 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 19 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 20 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 21 RV'ing from Texas to Carolinas for the fall colors...
- 22 Scenic Drive - Rockland to Moosehead Lake?
- 23 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 24 1st time RV trip from Georgia to Oregon
- 25 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?