My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Three weeks in the deep south, Help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 2 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 3 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 4 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 5 Advice on Roadtrip
- 6 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 7 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 8 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 9 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 10 California San Diego area lodging
- 11 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 12 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch
- 13 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 14 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 15 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 16 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 17 Montana- what are must see places?
- 18 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 19 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 20 from Moab to Bryce
- 21 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 22 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 23 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 24 Saison, Chez Panisse, Other Top Restaurants in SF Area
- 25 Dessert with a view in Monterey?