My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 2 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 3 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 4 New Orleans and Slidell
- 5 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 6 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 7 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 8 Back From Alaska
- 9 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 10 Pacific coast road trip
- 11 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 12 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 13 Two days out of Seattle
- 14 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 15 MN Family Hits Black Hills and Beyond
- 16 San Francisco - Hawaii Exhibit
- 17 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 18 Maine
- 19 Driving tips for San Diego, Palm Springs, Ventura
- 20 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 21 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 22 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 23 December trip to see snow
- 24 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 25 Great Smoky Mountains National Park