My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Three weeks in the deep south, Help please
- 1 What bugs you the most about flying? 2013 Pet Peeves Survey
- 2 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 3 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 4 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 5 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 6 Updates from Hanalei
- 7 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 8 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 9 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 10 Blue ridge parkway
- 11 One day in NYC
- 12 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 13 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 14 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 15 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 16 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 17 Minnesota State Fair
- 18 Trying To Find a Place
- 19 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 20 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 21 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 22 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 23 Logan Express
- 24 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase
- 25 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?