My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 2 Hawaii Trip in May
- 3 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 4 A week in NYC - first timers
- 5 DC -> Boulder
- 6 Wailea Restaurants?
- 7 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 8 Rome/Florence
- 9 Colorado - Photography
- 10 Cross-country roadtrip in Oct/Nov. SUV or full-size?
- 11 Where to stay in NYC
- 12 Road Trippin' in Texas
- 13 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 14 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 15 Tour of Fed bank NYC
- 16 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 17 Proposal in Siesta Key, FL
- 18 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 19 Epicurean Tour in Portland
- 20 Suggestion on my first visit to Grand Canyon
- 21 Oahu Trip Report (Aulani, North Shore, Manoa Valley, Hanauma Bay)
- 22 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 23 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 24 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 25 Driving from OKC, OK to Seattle, WA in the dead of winter..