My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 2 First Trip to Texas -
- 3 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 4 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 5 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 6 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 7 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 8 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 9 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 10 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 11 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 12 New Hampshire
- 13 Things to do in Bakersfield
- 14 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 15 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 16 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 17 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 18 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 19 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 20 Beaches in Florida
- 21 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 22 Nashville Questions
- 23 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 24 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 25 Downtown Chicago