My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 road trip
- 2 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 3 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 4 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 5 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 6 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 7 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 8 Florida in October
- 9 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 10 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 11 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 12 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 13 FLL to Key West
- 14 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 15 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 16 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 17 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 18 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 19 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 20 New England Road Trip
- 21 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 22 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 23 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 24 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 25 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC