My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 2 11 days SE coast road trip
- 3 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 4 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 5 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 6 resort hotel in downtown San Diego
- 7 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 8 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?
- 9 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 10 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 11 Pittsburgh Trip
- 12 10 days in Arizona
- 13 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 14 Parking fine
- 15 Berkshires with a toddler
- 16 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 17 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 18 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 19 My Maine Trip Report
- 20 Late Aug/early Sept with 15 month old - where to?
- 21 hilicopter tour oahu
- 22 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 23 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 24 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 25 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip