My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cross Country NH to WA
- 2 best binocular for travel
- 3 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 4 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 5 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 6 Amish
- 7 Place to stay in Cocoa Beach
- 8 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 9 Seattle Hotels
- 10 Cayo Costa State Park
- 11 2 months in Hawaii!
- 12 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 13 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 14 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 15 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 16 Utah, arizona part three
- 17 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 18 Providence question
- 19 New OAK-Coliseum Shuttle -- Cost?
- 20 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 21 3 day cruise from Boston
- 22 Sonoma to Glacier NP via Craters Lake and Olympic National Park
- 23 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 24 Weekend Getaway to Philly - 2nd week of JULY!
- 25 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce