In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EPSON@printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 3 Boston Food Tour
- 4 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 5 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 6 "Fitness" vacations
- 7 Orlando area weather in June
- 8 Help plan my trip please
- 9 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 10 One day for Mt. Rainier
- 11 1st road trip Cincinnati to Beauford, SC
- 12 Brief Savannah Trip--Brief Savannah Trip Report
- 13 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 14 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 15 Transit Advisory - NY Penn Station - Amtrak track work Ju;y 10 thru
- 16 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 17 Miami or New Orleans for 3 days in mid December
- 18 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 19 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 20 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 21 Fort Smith to Memphis roadtrip.. need advice!
- 22 Ready for Oregon -- tell me about Eugene: hikes and lunch?
- 23 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 24 Roadtrip Rental Car
- 25 Coffee Bean advise from all you travelers...
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?