In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 US Open Tennis
- 2 Reagan Library
- 3 Hawaii with limited time
- 4 Southern history- walkable cities
- 5 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 6 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 7 Your favourite places in New York City
- 8 Steamboat in August
- 9 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 10 Hotels in San Diego
- 11 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 12 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 13 Cape cod Labor Day
- 14 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 15 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 16 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 17 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 18 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 19 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 20 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 21 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 22 Grand Teton Questions
- 23 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 24 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 25 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?