In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
- 1 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 Warm and don't Drive
- 5 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 6 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 7 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 8 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 9 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 10 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 11 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 12 RIP Judy Rogers
- 13 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 16 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 17 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 18 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 19 hotel near Met NYC
- 20 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 21 Princeville in January
- 22 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 23 pa to az
- 24 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 25 Savanah Sojourn