In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 2 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 3 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 4 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 5 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 6 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 7 Santa Fe Itineray
- 8 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 9 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 10 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 11 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 12 Trinity Site, NM
- 13 Hotel in Reno
- 14 North Carolina airports
- 15 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 16 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 17 Boston to Naples florida
- 18 Retiring to Tucson
- 19 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 20 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 21 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 22 best health clubs with lap pools
- 23 10 days vacation in California
- 24 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 25 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?