In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska Railroad trips reviews & motion sickness etc
- 2 Beach Vacation from Midwest with 10 year old.
- 3 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 4 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 5 Southern Road Trip
- 6 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 7 Hilton Head
- 8 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 9 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 10 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 11 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 12 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 13 DC - WW2 flyover
- 14 4 Days in LV
- 15 $ nights SF - 1 Night to drive the coast - 5 nights LA
- 16 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 17 Grand Marais?
- 18 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 19 First time visit to California
- 20 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 21 New England and Eastern Canada
- 22 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 23 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 24 Must See/Do in Oregon & Washington
- 25 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?