In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 2 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 3 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 4 Advice on Roadtrip
- 5 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 6 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 7 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 8 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 9 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Zion the narrows
- 11 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 12 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 13 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 14 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 15 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 16 Los Angeles day trips
- 17 Hawaiian Islands
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 19 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 20 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 21 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 22 Cabin in Asheville area
- 23 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 24 Seattle Transportation??
- 25 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip