In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 2 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 3 Seattle to San Francisco
- 4 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 5 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 6 San Francisco and Napa
- 7 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 8 Relocating to the Deep South
- 9 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 10 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 11 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 12 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 13 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 14 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 15 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 16 Budget NYC hotel
- 17 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 18 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 19 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 20 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 21 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 22 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 23 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 24 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 25 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?