In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 2 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 3 Maui vacation
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 6 Brooklyn why?
- 7 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 8 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 9 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 10 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 11 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 12 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 13 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 14 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 17 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 18 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 19 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 20 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 21 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 22 New York City Restaurants
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 25 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?