In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 American Honeymoon in March
- 2 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 3 LOS ANGELES AREA HOCKEY TRIP JANUARY
- 4 Hilton Gardens - Marina Del Ray - Restaurants near by???
- 5 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 6 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 7 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 8 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 9 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 planning trip to Hawaii, Limited Budget
- 12 Kauai: Is two nights enough?
- 13 New Orleans
- 14 Australian travelling solo across the South - suggestions please!
- 15 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 16 Texas, Arkansas or Smokey Mountains during Christmas break?
- 17 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 18 Seattle to San Francisco itinerary
- 19 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 20 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 21 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 22 Baytown, Texas
- 23 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 24 Seattle Restaurant for Graduation luncheon
- 25 Manhattan Marriott Property December