In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 NW Houston restaurant help
- 3 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 4 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 5 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 6 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 7 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 8 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 9 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 10 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 11 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 12 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 13 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 14 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 15 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 16 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 17 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 18 charleston during Christmas Week
- 19 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 20 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 23 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 24 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 25 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation