In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Back from the Big Easy
- 2 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 3 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 4 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 5 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 6 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 7 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 8 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 9 IAH to HOU Questions
- 10 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 11 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 12 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 13 Jazzfest side trips
- 14 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 15 March in New Mexico
- 16 No Spam this morning!!
- 17 San Francisco transit options
- 18 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 19 Ideas for New York
- 20 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 21 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 22 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 23 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 24 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 25 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?