In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans with kids - advice and suggestions, please
- 2 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 3 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 4 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 5 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 6 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 7 Fall color yet?
- 8 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 9 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 10 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 11 My Book of Mormon review
- 12 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 13 Colorado aspen updates
- 14 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Car service from Oakland airport to city
- 17 Last Minute Trip to Asheville
- 18 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 19 Arches National Park in a day
- 20 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 21 JFK Airport
- 22 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 25 Marco Island