In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 2 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 3 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 4 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 5 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 6 2 days to do Denver/Colorado Springs
- 7 Western U.S. Road trip
- 8 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 9 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 10 Martha's Vineyard area
- 11 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 12 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 13 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 14 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 15 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 16 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 17 Returned from Sedona
- 18 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 19 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 20 Centra Coast Wildlife
- 21 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 22 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 23 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 24 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 25 Awesome Things to do in Door County in the Summer
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?