In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Miami airport
- 2 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 3 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 4 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 5 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 6 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 7 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 8 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 moving to florida
- 11 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 12 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 13 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 14 Our perfect day in Key West
- 15 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 16 culpepper
- 17 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 18 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 19 Road Trip SW
- 20 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 21 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 22 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 23 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 24 Mesa Verde
- 25 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?