In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 2 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 5 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 6 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 7 palm desert, CA
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 9 Scouting Mt. Dora, Florida
- 10 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 11 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 12 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 14 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 15 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 16 Houston in September
- 17 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 18 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 19 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 20 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 21 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 22 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 23 New York Trip
- 24 Balloon fest hotels
- 25 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)