In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 2 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 3 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 4 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 5 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 6 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 7 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 8 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 9 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 10 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 11 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 12 Vegas hotels for families
- 13 Hilton Midtown New York
- 14 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 15 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 16 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 17 new york plays
- 18 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 19 San Francisco - mid October
- 20 Tour companies
- 21 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 24 Round trip from Chicago
- 25 Bob Denver... Where are you?