In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 2 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 3 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 4 New York, New York...
- 5 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 6 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 7 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 10 trains in Europe
- 11 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 12 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 13 USA trip
- 14 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 15 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 16 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 17 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 18 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 19 Washington DC in Spring?
- 20 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 21 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 22 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 23 NBA tickets??
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014