In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://maxhealthtips.com/zytek-xl/
- 2 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 3 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 4 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 5 NYC For The Day
- 6 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 7 Alaska cruise excursions?
- 8 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 9 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 10 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 11 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 12 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 13 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 14 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 15 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 16 US whole month of January where to
- 17 Need help nailing down the details
- 18 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 19 Inexpensive, Good Indian Food NYC
- 20 Hotel near Westlake Village California
- 21 Roof Top Bars Opinions: NYC
- 22 See Alaska by train
- 23 Telluride and Silverton
- 24 Planning Visit to Plains, GA
- 25 West to East Coast in 10 days
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?