In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 2 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 3 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 4 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 5 Nashville Questions
- 6 Summer vacation
- 7 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 8 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 9 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 10 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 11 First Trip to Texas -
- 12 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 13 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 14 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 15 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 16 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 17 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 18 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 19 Driving to Naples fl
- 20 Beaches in Florida
- 21 What to do in San Diego
- 22 Disney for Florida residents
- 23 Our Boston Getaway
- 24 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 25 Ground Transportation Denver Airport to Downtown
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?