In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 2 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 3 Maine
- 4 Driving tips for San Diego, Palm Springs, Ventura
- 5 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 6 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 7 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 8 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 9 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 10 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 11 Back From Alaska
- 12 Pacific coast road trip
- 13 December trip to see snow
- 14 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 15 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 16 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 17 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 18 Senior Travel Helper
- 19 your favorite city USA?
- 20 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 21 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed
- 22 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 23 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 24 Help with driving East to West
- 25 ogunquit or kennenukport
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?