In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 One Night at Logan Airport
- 2 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 3 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 4 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 5 Four days in DC
- 6 Please help with itinerary
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 9 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 10 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 11 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 12 Backpacking in April
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Circle Oahu / luau
- 15 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 16 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 17 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 18 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 19 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 20 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 replica designer handbags
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Cape Cod in early April