In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 2 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 3 New York Trip
- 4 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 5 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 6 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 7 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 8 Balloon fest hotels
- 9 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 10 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 11 Houston in September
- 12 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 13 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 14 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 15 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 16 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 17 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 18 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 19 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 20 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 21 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 22 Transportation help in Philly
- 23 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 24 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 25 Hotels in North Philadelphia