In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oscars 2017 Start Date, TV Coverage, Oscars Red Carpet
- 2 Carmel Monterey
- 3 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 4 How many states have you been to?
- 5 Big Sure in June
- 6 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 7 Santa Fe Itineray
- 8 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 9 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 10 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 11 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 12 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 13 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 14 Roadtrip July 2017
- 15 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 17 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 18 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 19 Retiring to Tucson
- 20 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 21 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 22 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 23 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 24 Arches Devils Garden
- 25 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?