In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mendocino Hiking
- 2 Best Movie/TV Studio tours in LA..adults
- 3 Paul Gauguin
- 4 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 5 Highway 1 motels
- 6 Running kissimmee Florida
- 7 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 8 Pittsburgh Trip
- 9 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 10 Berkshires with a toddler
- 11 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 12 Getting around in NYC
- 13 The New Whitney
- 14 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 15 View of Empire State Building from street
- 16 11 days SE coast road trip
- 17 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 18 Pacific Northwest
- 19 A Week in New York City
- 20 Mackinac or Holland?
- 21 Car Hire Alamo
- 22 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 23 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 24 Where to stop from Litchfield Beach to Sharpsburg, Maryland
- 25 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?