In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 2 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 3 5 nights stay RMNP
- 4 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 5 Hawaii Help
- 6 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 7 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 8 West Virginia/Virginia during Thanksgiving (8 days)
- 9 Any Sanibel experts?
- 10 Traveling in winter
- 11 a short trip to san francisco
- 12 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 13 Summer in Michigan
- 14 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 15 Glacier National Park
- 16 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 17 South east road trip
- 18 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 19 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 20 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 21 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 22 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 23 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 24 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 25 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?