In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chiefs vs Raiders
- 2 usa roadtrip
- 3 Hawaii and...where?
- 4 DC Restaurants
- 5 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 6 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 7 How much time in Badlands?
- 8 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 9 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 10 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 11 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 12 Chicago 2017
- 13 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 14 Christmas in Colorado
- 15 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 16 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 17 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 18 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 19 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 20 Marfa/Big Bend
- 21 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 22 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 23 JFK to Washington
- 24 Phoenix for the weekend
- 25 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?