In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 2 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 3 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 4 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 5 Grand Teton in October
- 6 Grand Marais?
- 7 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 8 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 9 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 10 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 11 adams morgan - safety
- 12 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 13 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 14 Morning in miami
- 15 Las Vegas must sees
- 16 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 17 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 18 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 19 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 20 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 21 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 22 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 23 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 24 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 25 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel