In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 2 Toronto to gettysburg route question?
- 3 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 4 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 5 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 6 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 7 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 8 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 9 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 10 Driving from Boston to Miami
- 11 Twin Sites For Twins East Coast
- 12 Lake Powell
- 13 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 14 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 15 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 16 Harlem, NY
- 17 Transportation from LGA to Manhattan
- 18 Hotel close to San Francisco airport
- 19 Glacier to Banff
- 20 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 21 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
- 22 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
- 23 NYC hotel/July
- 24 Day trip from Salt Lake City
- 25 Portland Affordable Accommodations
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?