In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 2 USA with a 3 year old
- 3 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 4 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 5 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 8 San Diego parks and attractions
- 9 Alaska
- 10 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 11 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 12 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 13 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 14 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 15 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 20 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 23 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 24 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 25 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!