In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 2 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 3 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 4 middlebury vt snow
- 5 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 6 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 7 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 8 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 9 Miami Marlins
- 10 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 11 Charleston, SC help
- 12 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 13 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 14 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 15 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 16 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 17 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 18 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 19 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 20 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 21 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 22 Deep South sept 2015
- 23 Self guided White House tour
- 24 Northwest USA
- 25 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!