In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 2 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 3 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 4 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 5 Wedding gifts?
- 6 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 7 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 8 Seattle Ho
- 9 blue ridge parkway?
- 10 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 11 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 12 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 13 November redwoods trip
- 14 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 15 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 16 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 17 First Trip to New Mexico
- 18 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 19 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 20 Southern history- walkable cities
- 21 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 22 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 23 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 24 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 25 Suggestions Buffalo NY
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?