In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to New Jersey
- 2 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 3 suggestions for mobile auto repair glass company in utah
- 4 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 5 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 6 East Coast Road Trip
- 7 West Coast Road Trip
- 8 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 9 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 10 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 11 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 12 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 13 Car Needed in Austin?
- 14 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 15 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 16 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 17 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 20 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 21 Maui itinerary
- 22 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 23 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 24 4 week family trip ideas
- 25 Pirateland SC