In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best quality lodging Solitude Utah
- 2 6 days in Boston with kids - a lovely family vacation
- 3 My CA itinerary
- 4 Best route in winter from Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 5 Retiring to Colorado
- 6 Help!! Need a Good NYC car service Please
- 7 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 8 Charleston and Asheville
- 9 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 10 On the Road: from Texas to Georgia. questions about NC
- 11 Los Angeles one night only mid week
- 12 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 13 5 day Colorado itinerary- anniversary trip
- 14 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 15 Road trip Washington NY Boston
- 16 Ft Lauderdale Hotels on the beach with Balconies
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 19 Warning About Dollar Rent a Car in Lower Manhattan
- 20 Xmas in new york
- 21 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway
- 22 Myrtle Beach, N.C.
- 23 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 24 Casino Del Sol Resort Tucson
- 25 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?