We're arriving in Honolulu from Chicago around midnight on January 1. We'll spend that night and three more, leaving on January 5 for Maui.
We are on Maui until the afternoon of January 11. We'll be there to visit friends and attend an event.
Our plan is to then fly to the Big Island with our friends who live on Maui, landing in Hilo. We leave for home from the Kona side on January 17. So, we have 6 nights on the BI.
We are two couples, active, well-travelled, who enjoy beaches, but also culture. We want to definitely visit Volcano National Park when on BI.
Like many others, we're unsure if we should stay in Volcano Village or Hilo. Is Volcano Village really tiny? I do enjoy walking around a new town, and maybe Hilo has more of that.
One or two nights in the area?
The rest of the time in the Kona area, I think, but I am open to other ideas. We'll certainly have done plenty of beach time in Maui, though we can always do more. I like the idea of visiting some of the old, small towns, and less touristed parts of Hawaii. A suggestion was made to head to the NW.
Any ideas are welcome, and thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 2 How to make money road tripping
- 3 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 4 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 5 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 6 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 7 New York in December
- 8 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 9 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 10 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 11 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 12 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 13 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 14 Ideas for New York
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 17 Staying outside DC
- 18 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 19 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 20 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 21 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 22 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 23 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 24 Road trip
- 25 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??