We're arriving in Honolulu from Chicago around midnight on January 1. We'll spend that night and three more, leaving on January 5 for Maui.
We are on Maui until the afternoon of January 11. We'll be there to visit friends and attend an event.
Our plan is to then fly to the Big Island with our friends who live on Maui, landing in Hilo. We leave for home from the Kona side on January 17. So, we have 6 nights on the BI.
We are two couples, active, well-travelled, who enjoy beaches, but also culture. We want to definitely visit Volcano National Park when on BI.
Like many others, we're unsure if we should stay in Volcano Village or Hilo. Is Volcano Village really tiny? I do enjoy walking around a new town, and maybe Hilo has more of that.
One or two nights in the area?
The rest of the time in the Kona area, I think, but I am open to other ideas. We'll certainly have done plenty of beach time in Maui, though we can always do more. I like the idea of visiting some of the old, small towns, and less touristed parts of Hawaii. A suggestion was made to head to the NW.
Any ideas are welcome, and thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Newark to Paris
- 2 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 3 Napa Valley Hotel
- 4 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 5 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 6 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 7 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 8 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 9 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 10 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 11 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 12 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 13 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 14 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 15 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 16 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 17 Depot Bay OR
- 18 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 19 A June trip to Kauai
- 20 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 21 Across the United States by Train
- 22 Phone SIM
- 23 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 24 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 25 A day in Boston