We're arriving in Honolulu from Chicago around midnight on January 1. We'll spend that night and three more, leaving on January 5 for Maui.
We are on Maui until the afternoon of January 11. We'll be there to visit friends and attend an event.
Our plan is to then fly to the Big Island with our friends who live on Maui, landing in Hilo. We leave for home from the Kona side on January 17. So, we have 6 nights on the BI.
We are two couples, active, well-travelled, who enjoy beaches, but also culture. We want to definitely visit Volcano National Park when on BI.
Like many others, we're unsure if we should stay in Volcano Village or Hilo. Is Volcano Village really tiny? I do enjoy walking around a new town, and maybe Hilo has more of that.
One or two nights in the area?
The rest of the time in the Kona area, I think, but I am open to other ideas. We'll certainly have done plenty of beach time in Maui, though we can always do more. I like the idea of visiting some of the old, small towns, and less touristed parts of Hawaii. A suggestion was made to head to the NW.
Any ideas are welcome, and thanks in advance!
Three Island visit assistance/BI questions
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 San Antonio
- 3 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 4 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 5 hotel near Met NYC
- 6 Where should I move to?
- 7 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 8 St. Augustine, Florida
- 9 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 10 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 11 Fripp island
- 12 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 13 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 14 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 15 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 16 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 17 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 18 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 19 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 20 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 21 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 22 Hotel near Public Theater
- 23 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 24 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles