I (28 yrs) and my wife are planning a 3 day trip to Colorado in third week of June. We are from the south coast and this is our first visit to a mountain state. Thus we are planning to do more sight scenes and take some good pictures as both of us are doing some semi-pro photography. So we are OK with a little bit busy itinerary.
We'll be arriving at Denver Int'l airport around 8.00 am. planning to drive to Colorado springs via I25 and going to spend rest of the day at CS. activities planed for the day are, ride pikes peak cog rail, garden of the gods, and visit manitou cliff dwellings.
For the second day we are planning to visit royal gorge area in the morning, Then after the lunch we'll be heading back to Denver. Plan is to take the loop, Cañon City --> salida (US 50) --> Leadville (US 24) --> Breckenridge (SH 9)--> Fairplay --> Denver via US285.
For the third day we are planning to visit RMNP, hike in Bear lake and spraque lake area and drive Trail ridge road.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Sur Help!!
- 2 San Fracisco to Seattle road trip
- 3 Where to stay at Grand Wailea & Grand Hyatt
- 4 How to do 3 days around North Cascades National Park?
- 5 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 6 Young Kids in Yellowstone
- 7 Denver to moab
- 8 low elevation to Yellowstone
- 9 Sequoias between Death Valley and San Diego
- 10 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 11 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 12 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 13 Utah National Parks Itinerary
- 14 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 15 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 16 Rules of the NY Subway
- 17 vermont lake
- 18 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 19 Seward without a car
- 20 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 21 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 22 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 23 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons Itinerary Help!
- 24 flagstaff
- 25 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
Three day colorado summer trip (Denver-RMNP, Colorado springs)