I (28 yrs) and my wife are planning a 3 day trip to Colorado in third week of June. We are from the south coast and this is our first visit to a mountain state. Thus we are planning to do more sight scenes and take some good pictures as both of us are doing some semi-pro photography. So we are OK with a little bit busy itinerary.
We'll be arriving at Denver Int'l airport around 8.00 am. planning to drive to Colorado springs via I25 and going to spend rest of the day at CS. activities planed for the day are, ride pikes peak cog rail, garden of the gods, and visit manitou cliff dwellings.
For the second day we are planning to visit royal gorge area in the morning, Then after the lunch we'll be heading back to Denver. Plan is to take the loop, Cañon City --> salida (US 50) --> Leadville (US 24) --> Breckenridge (SH 9)--> Fairplay --> Denver via US285.
For the third day we are planning to visit RMNP, hike in Bear lake and spraque lake area and drive Trail ridge road.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is this call from Halifax a scam
- 2 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 3 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 4 Black History Museum
- 5 Another Great DC Trip
- 6 Short Notice
- 7 Chicago 2017
- 8 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 9 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 10 arizona rte 66
- 11 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 12 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 13 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 14 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 15 Inn at Key West
- 16 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 17 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 18 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 19 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 20 usa roadtrip
- 21 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 22 Where to live in the North East
- 23 Hawaii and...where?
- 24 Short Oregon Trip
- 25 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
Three day colorado summer trip (Denver-RMNP, Colorado springs)