Hello everyone! I'm currently planning an early April trip to Savannah and Charleston, and am pricing airfare. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles and meeting up with family in NY beforehand. So I'm accustomed to pricing from the west coast, but not as familiar with costs for flying up and down the eastern seaboard. Currently I'm finding open jaw flights between $310 and $350 that will work with our itinerary. This seems pretty reasonable to me, but was hoping I could get input from Fodorites more familiar with the route? I've also considered RT flights from NY to SAV (very expensive) and RT NY to CHS (cheap, but would require keeping the car whole time), but when I weigh parking and backtracking vs different city rental car drop-off, open jaw still seems the way to go. Any thoughts on the airfare I'm finding would be much appreciated. If my instincts are right and $310 seems pretty good, I'm hoping to book before the rates go up. Thanks!
Thoughts on Airfare NY-Savannah-Charleston-NY?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Family Camp in Maine
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 18 San Diego
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast