Hello everyone! I'm currently planning an early April trip to Savannah and Charleston, and am pricing airfare. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles and meeting up with family in NY beforehand. So I'm accustomed to pricing from the west coast, but not as familiar with costs for flying up and down the eastern seaboard. Currently I'm finding open jaw flights between $310 and $350 that will work with our itinerary. This seems pretty reasonable to me, but was hoping I could get input from Fodorites more familiar with the route? I've also considered RT flights from NY to SAV (very expensive) and RT NY to CHS (cheap, but would require keeping the car whole time), but when I weigh parking and backtracking vs different city rental car drop-off, open jaw still seems the way to go. Any thoughts on the airfare I'm finding would be much appreciated. If my instincts are right and $310 seems pretty good, I'm hoping to book before the rates go up. Thanks!
Thoughts on Airfare NY-Savannah-Charleston-NY?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 2 NYC Clubs for live music
- 3 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 6 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 7 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 8 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 9 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 10 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 11 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 12 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 13 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 14 Berkshires in late October
- 15 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 16 Seattle: Something Different?
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 19 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 20 ONP help
- 21 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 22 Savanah Sojourn
- 23 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 24 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 25 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO