Hello everyone! I'm currently planning an early April trip to Savannah and Charleston, and am pricing airfare. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles and meeting up with family in NY beforehand. So I'm accustomed to pricing from the west coast, but not as familiar with costs for flying up and down the eastern seaboard. Currently I'm finding open jaw flights between $310 and $350 that will work with our itinerary. This seems pretty reasonable to me, but was hoping I could get input from Fodorites more familiar with the route? I've also considered RT flights from NY to SAV (very expensive) and RT NY to CHS (cheap, but would require keeping the car whole time), but when I weigh parking and backtracking vs different city rental car drop-off, open jaw still seems the way to go. Any thoughts on the airfare I'm finding would be much appreciated. If my instincts are right and $310 seems pretty good, I'm hoping to book before the rates go up. Thanks!
Thoughts on Airfare NY-Savannah-Charleston-NY?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 2 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 3 Itinerary opinions
- 4 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 5 Calgary to Banff
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 9 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 10 Mesa Verde
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 12 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 13 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 14 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 15 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 16 Our perfect day in Key West
- 17 moving to florida
- 18 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 19 culpepper
- 20 2 weeks in Alaska
- 21 Pub with food in Seattle
- 22 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 23 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
- 24 An RV trip along the coast
- 25 NYC 1St Time