Hello everyone! I'm currently planning an early April trip to Savannah and Charleston, and am pricing airfare. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles and meeting up with family in NY beforehand. So I'm accustomed to pricing from the west coast, but not as familiar with costs for flying up and down the eastern seaboard. Currently I'm finding open jaw flights between $310 and $350 that will work with our itinerary. This seems pretty reasonable to me, but was hoping I could get input from Fodorites more familiar with the route? I've also considered RT flights from NY to SAV (very expensive) and RT NY to CHS (cheap, but would require keeping the car whole time), but when I weigh parking and backtracking vs different city rental car drop-off, open jaw still seems the way to go. Any thoughts on the airfare I'm finding would be much appreciated. If my instincts are right and $310 seems pretty good, I'm hoping to book before the rates go up. Thanks!
Thoughts on Airfare NY-Savannah-Charleston-NY?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 5 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 8 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 9 Travel West Coast
- 10 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 11 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Wine Country Picnic
- 14 Washington DC Metro
- 15 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 16 Road trip through the south
- 17 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 18 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 19 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 20 Myrtle Beach
- 21 Colorado in the summer!
- 22 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 23 Getting around Las Vegas
- 24 Rafting near Denali
- 25 Where to go in Maine?