Hello everyone! I'm currently planning an early April trip to Savannah and Charleston, and am pricing airfare. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles and meeting up with family in NY beforehand. So I'm accustomed to pricing from the west coast, but not as familiar with costs for flying up and down the eastern seaboard. Currently I'm finding open jaw flights between $310 and $350 that will work with our itinerary. This seems pretty reasonable to me, but was hoping I could get input from Fodorites more familiar with the route? I've also considered RT flights from NY to SAV (very expensive) and RT NY to CHS (cheap, but would require keeping the car whole time), but when I weigh parking and backtracking vs different city rental car drop-off, open jaw still seems the way to go. Any thoughts on the airfare I'm finding would be much appreciated. If my instincts are right and $310 seems pretty good, I'm hoping to book before the rates go up. Thanks!
Thoughts on Airfare NY-Savannah-Charleston-NY?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 2 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 3 West Coast Road Trip
- 4 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 5 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 6 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 7 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 8 California
- 9 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 10 Moving to New Jersey
- 11 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 12 Maui itinerary
- 13 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 14 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress
- 15 Car Needed in Austin?
- 16 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 17 New Orleans Weekend
- 18 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 19 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 20 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 21 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 22 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 23 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 24 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 25 Delaware - what do you recommend?