Hello everyone! I'm currently planning an early April trip to Savannah and Charleston, and am pricing airfare. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles and meeting up with family in NY beforehand. So I'm accustomed to pricing from the west coast, but not as familiar with costs for flying up and down the eastern seaboard. Currently I'm finding open jaw flights between $310 and $350 that will work with our itinerary. This seems pretty reasonable to me, but was hoping I could get input from Fodorites more familiar with the route? I've also considered RT flights from NY to SAV (very expensive) and RT NY to CHS (cheap, but would require keeping the car whole time), but when I weigh parking and backtracking vs different city rental car drop-off, open jaw still seems the way to go. Any thoughts on the airfare I'm finding would be much appreciated. If my instincts are right and $310 seems pretty good, I'm hoping to book before the rates go up. Thanks!
Thoughts on Airfare NY-Savannah-Charleston-NY?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip SW
- 2 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 3 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 4 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 5 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 6 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 moving to florida
- 9 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 10 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 11 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 12 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 13 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 14 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 15 Boston/Salem with kids
- 16 Connecticut River Byway
- 17 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 18 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 19 San Diego farmer's markets
- 20 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 21 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 22 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 23 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 24 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 25 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,