Hello everyone! I'm currently planning an early April trip to Savannah and Charleston, and am pricing airfare. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles and meeting up with family in NY beforehand. So I'm accustomed to pricing from the west coast, but not as familiar with costs for flying up and down the eastern seaboard. Currently I'm finding open jaw flights between $310 and $350 that will work with our itinerary. This seems pretty reasonable to me, but was hoping I could get input from Fodorites more familiar with the route? I've also considered RT flights from NY to SAV (very expensive) and RT NY to CHS (cheap, but would require keeping the car whole time), but when I weigh parking and backtracking vs different city rental car drop-off, open jaw still seems the way to go. Any thoughts on the airfare I'm finding would be much appreciated. If my instincts are right and $310 seems pretty good, I'm hoping to book before the rates go up. Thanks!
Thoughts on Airfare NY-Savannah-Charleston-NY?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 US Southwest
- 2 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 3 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 4 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 5 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 6 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 7 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 8 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 9 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 10 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 11 Seattle Visit April
- 12 Grand Teton in October
- 13 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 14 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 15 Morning in miami
- 16 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 17 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 18 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 19 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 20 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 21 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 22 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 23 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 24 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 25 Acadia National Park/New England States