Hello everyone! I'm currently planning an early April trip to Savannah and Charleston, and am pricing airfare. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles and meeting up with family in NY beforehand. So I'm accustomed to pricing from the west coast, but not as familiar with costs for flying up and down the eastern seaboard. Currently I'm finding open jaw flights between $310 and $350 that will work with our itinerary. This seems pretty reasonable to me, but was hoping I could get input from Fodorites more familiar with the route? I've also considered RT flights from NY to SAV (very expensive) and RT NY to CHS (cheap, but would require keeping the car whole time), but when I weigh parking and backtracking vs different city rental car drop-off, open jaw still seems the way to go. Any thoughts on the airfare I'm finding would be much appreciated. If my instincts are right and $310 seems pretty good, I'm hoping to book before the rates go up. Thanks!
Thoughts on Airfare NY-Savannah-Charleston-NY?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 5 Fripp island
- 6 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 7 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 8 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 9 Hotel near Public Theater
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 13 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 14 San Antonio
- 15 hotel near Met NYC
- 16 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Oahu Information
- 19 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 20 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 21 Warm and don't Drive
- 22 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 23 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 24 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 25 One day in Washington DC