We're from Connecticut and we're planning a trip this weekend to Massanuten, VA. We are 4 adults and 3 kids (Age 5, 2-1/2 and 1-1/2), so we're looking for places to stop along the way. I found the Crayola factory near Reading, PA which we'll go to in the morning, But after that, I couldn't find any place to stop besides Harrisburg, PA. I'm trying to find somewhere in between around 2-3 hour drive so that we don't go the whole 4-5 hour drive straight from Easton, PA. Any suggestions? Most of the places to see are past Massanuten, VA, the Safari Park and Caverns. And if you look at the map, we're actually going to drive through Maryland and West Virginia as well before we get to Virginia.
Things to do with Kids along I-81 from PA to VA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 2 moving to florida
- 3 2 weeks in Alaska
- 4 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 5 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 6 San Diego farmer's markets
- 7 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 8 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 9 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 10 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 11 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 12 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Seafood
- 15 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 16 Connecticut River Byway
- 17 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 18 Boston
- 19 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 20 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 21 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 22 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 23 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 24 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 25 3 days, 4 nights in Denver