I have an opportunity to home exchange with some folks who have a vacation home in Boone, NC which appears to be in the "mountains" near the TN border. I would go during peak fall colors and they tell me that would be about the 2nd week in Oct. Is that correct?
Also, it looks like Ashville is close enough for a day trip. Any other things to see and do besides hiking? I'm a little concerned that a week will be too long for me in the mountains.
I've never been to the area before and might consider combining this with a few days in Charleston and Savannah to make it worthwhile.
Suggestions and comments? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 (U S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 3 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 4 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 5 Help with Northwest Trip
- 6 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 7 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 8 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
- 9 Myrtle beach
- 10 "Fitness" vacations
- 11 Orlando area weather in June
- 12 Brief Savannah Trip--Brief Savannah Trip Report
- 13 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 14 HELP FOR ITINERARY
- 15 Miami or New Orleans for 3 days in mid December
- 16 Andaman and Nicobar Islands of South India
- 17 Transit Advisory - NY Penn Station - Amtrak track work Ju;y 10 thru
- 18 Boston Food Tour
- 19 Help plan my trip please
- 20 One day for Mt. Rainier
- 21 1st road trip Cincinnati to Beauford, SC
- 22 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 23 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 24 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 25 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO