I have an opportunity to home exchange with some folks who have a vacation home in Boone, NC which appears to be in the "mountains" near the TN border. I would go during peak fall colors and they tell me that would be about the 2nd week in Oct. Is that correct?
Also, it looks like Ashville is close enough for a day trip. Any other things to see and do besides hiking? I'm a little concerned that a week will be too long for me in the mountains.
I've never been to the area before and might consider combining this with a few days in Charleston and Savannah to make it worthwhile.
Suggestions and comments? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 2 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 3 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 4 Arches or Zion?
- 5 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 6 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 7 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 8 Richmond Virginia And Poe
- 9 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 10 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City
- 11 time to visit statue
- 12 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 13 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 14 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 15 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 16 Chester, CN
- 17 Northern California Gardens.
- 18 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help
- 19 Savannah Itinerary Feedback Please
- 20 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 21 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 22 ground transportation NYC to DC and connecting to MARC
- 23 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 24 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 25 Aladin tickets in NYC