I have an opportunity to home exchange with some folks who have a vacation home in Boone, NC which appears to be in the "mountains" near the TN border. I would go during peak fall colors and they tell me that would be about the 2nd week in Oct. Is that correct?
Also, it looks like Ashville is close enough for a day trip. Any other things to see and do besides hiking? I'm a little concerned that a week will be too long for me in the mountains.
I've never been to the area before and might consider combining this with a few days in Charleston and Savannah to make it worthwhile.
Suggestions and comments? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas in Colorado
- 2 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 3 Marfa/Big Bend
- 4 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 5 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 6 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 7 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 8 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 9 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 10 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 11 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 12 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 13 DC Restaurants
- 14 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 15 JFK to Washington
- 16 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 17 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 18 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 19 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 20 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 21 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 22 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 23 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 24 How much time in Badlands?
- 25 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail