I have an opportunity to home exchange with some folks who have a vacation home in Boone, NC which appears to be in the "mountains" near the TN border. I would go during peak fall colors and they tell me that would be about the 2nd week in Oct. Is that correct?
Also, it looks like Ashville is close enough for a day trip. Any other things to see and do besides hiking? I'm a little concerned that a week will be too long for me in the mountains.
I've never been to the area before and might consider combining this with a few days in Charleston and Savannah to make it worthwhile.
Suggestions and comments? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Watch guardians of the galaxy vol.2 l Movie In HD Quality
- 2 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 3 Erectimax @ http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/erectimax/
- 4 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 5 Alaska cruise
- 6 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 7 Sonoma
- 8 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 9 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 10 New Orleans
- 11 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 12 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 13 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 14 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 15 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 16 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 17 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 18 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 19 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 20 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 21 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 22 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 23 AR State Parks
- 24 California Trip
- 25 101 closure