I have an opportunity to home exchange with some folks who have a vacation home in Boone, NC which appears to be in the "mountains" near the TN border. I would go during peak fall colors and they tell me that would be about the 2nd week in Oct. Is that correct?
Also, it looks like Ashville is close enough for a day trip. Any other things to see and do besides hiking? I'm a little concerned that a week will be too long for me in the mountains.
I've never been to the area before and might consider combining this with a few days in Charleston and Savannah to make it worthwhile.
Suggestions and comments? Thanks in advance!
Things to Do & See Around Boone, NC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 2 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 3 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 4 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 5 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 6 Philadelphia
- 7 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 8 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 9 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 10 USA with a 3 year old
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 13 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 16 Universal studios/Orlando
- 17 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 18 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 19 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 22 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 23 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 24 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 25 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!