I have an opportunity to home exchange with some folks who have a vacation home in Boone, NC which appears to be in the "mountains" near the TN border. I would go during peak fall colors and they tell me that would be about the 2nd week in Oct. Is that correct?
Also, it looks like Ashville is close enough for a day trip. Any other things to see and do besides hiking? I'm a little concerned that a week will be too long for me in the mountains.
I've never been to the area before and might consider combining this with a few days in Charleston and Savannah to make it worthwhile.
Suggestions and comments? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MN lake home rental needed
- 2 Desert Southwest
- 3 Thinking of moving from Boston to San Diego
- 4 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 5 Salt lake to boulder ideas
- 6 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 7 Steamboat in August
- 8 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 9 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 10 Hawaii, January 2017.
- 11 Your favourite places in New York City
- 12 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 13 Napa valley getaway
- 14 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 15 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 16 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 17 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 18 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 19 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 20 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 21 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 22 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 23 Extended weekend beach get away
- 24 Parking US OPEN
- 25 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?