I have an opportunity to home exchange with some folks who have a vacation home in Boone, NC which appears to be in the "mountains" near the TN border. I would go during peak fall colors and they tell me that would be about the 2nd week in Oct. Is that correct?
Also, it looks like Ashville is close enough for a day trip. Any other things to see and do besides hiking? I'm a little concerned that a week will be too long for me in the mountains.
I've never been to the area before and might consider combining this with a few days in Charleston and Savannah to make it worthwhile.
Suggestions and comments? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 2 Which island for R&R?
- 3 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 4 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 5 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 6 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 7 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 8 http://www.replennagereviews.com/tvolve-facts/
- 9 Yellowstone
- 10 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 11 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 12 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 13 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 14 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 15 San Antonio shopping
- 16 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 17 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 18 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 19 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 20 First Trip to New Mexico
- 21 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 22 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 23 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 24 blue ridge parkway?
- 25 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...