I have an opportunity to home exchange with some folks who have a vacation home in Boone, NC which appears to be in the "mountains" near the TN border. I would go during peak fall colors and they tell me that would be about the 2nd week in Oct. Is that correct?
Also, it looks like Ashville is close enough for a day trip. Any other things to see and do besides hiking? I'm a little concerned that a week will be too long for me in the mountains.
I've never been to the area before and might consider combining this with a few days in Charleston and Savannah to make it worthwhile.
Suggestions and comments? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 2 Retiring in NM?
- 3 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 4 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 5 Chicago to Charleston
- 6 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 7 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 8 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 9 How many states have you been to?
- 10 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 11 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 12 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 13 Skagway
- 14 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 15 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 16 Honeymoon out west.
- 17 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 18 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 19 Route Planning for East USA
- 20 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 21 Utah National Parks visit
- 22 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 23 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 24 universal studios and disney
- 25 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia