We will be in Ohio in mid-Oct., staying at The Wilds one night and then driving to Wooster (and on to Cuyahoga Valley NP the following day). We would like to take Rt. 39 through Walnut Creek, Berlin, and Millersburg, but I'm not sure of the best way to get there. Zanesville, then up to Millersburg, then 39 to I-77 and back off at Strasburg (is that Rt. 250?) to Wooster? Up I-77 to 39? I estimate we will have 6 to 8 hrs. to drive, stop in towns, admire the landscape, and have lunch; we'd like to spend as much time as possible in the most scenic areas. Not sure if the roads south of Millersburg are as interesting as zooming up the Interstate quickly and then the meandering roads (perhaps smaller ones) north of 39. Also have no idea how long it might take to get around - and to Wooster - in a more leisurely manner than the very direct AAA route.
The Wilds to Wooster - need scenic driving route
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle