In April 2012, we spent a week exploring the Cades Cove area of the Smokies. We stayed in a Townsend campground in our motorhome, driving into the park daily to enjoy a small portion of what the park has to offer. I blogged about our trip here -- http://2totravelphaeton.blogspot.com/2012/04/off-to-smokies.html; all of the subsequent posts are in the April 2012 archive in the sidebar.
The Quiet Side of the Smokies
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 3 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 4 Rafting near Denali
- 5 Travel West Coast
- 6 Colorado in the summer!
- 7 Where to go in Maine?
- 8 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 9 Kennebunkport and....?
- 10 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 11 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 12 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 13 WISCONSIN
- 14 Jersey City Parking
- 15 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 18 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 19 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 20 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 21 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 22 New York City Restaurants
- 23 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 24 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 25 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice