In April 2012, we spent a week exploring the Cades Cove area of the Smokies. We stayed in a Townsend campground in our motorhome, driving into the park daily to enjoy a small portion of what the park has to offer. I blogged about our trip here -- http://2totravelphaeton.blogspot.com/2012/04/off-to-smokies.html; all of the subsequent posts are in the April 2012 archive in the sidebar.
The Quiet Side of the Smokies
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 2 Grand Teton in October
- 3 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 4 Grand Marais?
- 5 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 6 adams morgan - safety
- 7 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 8 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 9 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 10 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 11 Morning in miami
- 12 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 13 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 14 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 15 US Southwest
- 16 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 17 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 18 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 19 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 20 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 21 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 22 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 23 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 24 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak