The New England Carousel Museum, housed in a former brick hosiery factory in Bristol, CT., is about 5 miles off I84 between Waterbury and Hartford. As I was enroute to Worcester, MA I spotted the small sign on Rt 84 and decided to take a break from driving. I had remembered reading about this museum, somewhere, sometime, and was intrigued. The sign on Rt 84 is small as are the subsequent signs pointing the way. Of course, I was always in the wrong lane for turnings or didn’t see the small signs until I was through the intersections so needed to do some backtracking and turning around to get on course. But it was worth the detour.
The New England Carousel Museum
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best places to move to Florida?
- 2 West Coast Bound End of March
- 3 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 4 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 5 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 6 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 7 Oahu ideas
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Death Valley in June
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 15 San Diego grocery stores
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 21 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 22 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?