The New England Carousel Museum, housed in a former brick hosiery factory in Bristol, CT., is about 5 miles off I84 between Waterbury and Hartford. As I was enroute to Worcester, MA I spotted the small sign on Rt 84 and decided to take a break from driving. I had remembered reading about this museum, somewhere, sometime, and was intrigued. The sign on Rt 84 is small as are the subsequent signs pointing the way. Of course, I was always in the wrong lane for turnings or didn’t see the small signs until I was through the intersections so needed to do some backtracking and turning around to get on course. But it was worth the detour.
The New England Carousel Museum
View all United States activity »
- 1 RIP Judy Rogers
- 2 Warm and don't Drive
- 3 pa to az
- 4 hotel near Met NYC
- 5 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 6 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 7 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 8 Savanah Sojourn
- 9 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 10 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 11 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 12 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 13 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 14 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 15 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 16 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 17 Princeville in January
- 18 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 19 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 20 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 21 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 22 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 23 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 24 Yountville or Napa in February??
- 25 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life