The New England Carousel Museum, housed in a former brick hosiery factory in Bristol, CT., is about 5 miles off I84 between Waterbury and Hartford. As I was enroute to Worcester, MA I spotted the small sign on Rt 84 and decided to take a break from driving. I had remembered reading about this museum, somewhere, sometime, and was intrigued. The sign on Rt 84 is small as are the subsequent signs pointing the way. Of course, I was always in the wrong lane for turnings or didn’t see the small signs until I was through the intersections so needed to do some backtracking and turning around to get on course. But it was worth the detour.
The New England Carousel Museum
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from coastal Maine to St. Gaudens Historical Site, Cornish NH
- 2 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 3 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 4 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 5 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 6 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 7 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 8 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 9 Hawaii
- 10 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 11 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 12 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 13 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 14 LV-Zion-Bryce-GC trip: itenerary help
- 15 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 16 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 17 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 18 River Cafe
- 19 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 20 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 21 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 22 What are favorite small and large NYC restaurants?
- 23 We are going to Hawaii in October, have some questions:
- 24 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 25 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas