The New England Carousel Museum, housed in a former brick hosiery factory in Bristol, CT., is about 5 miles off I84 between Waterbury and Hartford. As I was enroute to Worcester, MA I spotted the small sign on Rt 84 and decided to take a break from driving. I had remembered reading about this museum, somewhere, sometime, and was intrigued. The sign on Rt 84 is small as are the subsequent signs pointing the way. Of course, I was always in the wrong lane for turnings or didn’t see the small signs until I was through the intersections so needed to do some backtracking and turning around to get on course. But it was worth the detour.
The New England Carousel Museum
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 Northwest USA
- 3 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 4 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 5 Self guided White House tour
- 6 Central Coast-California
- 7 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 8 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 9 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 10 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 11 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 12 Moving to CT
- 13 Hotels Philly
- 14 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 15 Ackislander
- 16 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 17 san diego or nearby area
- 18 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 LA for a day and a half
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 24 Texas
- 25 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal