The New England Carousel Museum, housed in a former brick hosiery factory in Bristol, CT., is about 5 miles off I84 between Waterbury and Hartford. As I was enroute to Worcester, MA I spotted the small sign on Rt 84 and decided to take a break from driving. I had remembered reading about this museum, somewhere, sometime, and was intrigued. The sign on Rt 84 is small as are the subsequent signs pointing the way. Of course, I was always in the wrong lane for turnings or didn’t see the small signs until I was through the intersections so needed to do some backtracking and turning around to get on course. But it was worth the detour.
The New England Carousel Museum
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 2 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 3 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 4 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 5 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 6 Thanksgiving in St. Louis
- 7 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 8 Best place to eat in Portland (Oregon) Airport?
- 9 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 10 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 11 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 12 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 13 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 14 best of yellowstone
- 15 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 16 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 17 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 18 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 19 San Francisco - mid October
- 20 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 21 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 22 Vegas hotels for families
- 23 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 24 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 25 San Diego with Kids