The New England Carousel Museum, housed in a former brick hosiery factory in Bristol, CT., is about 5 miles off I84 between Waterbury and Hartford. As I was enroute to Worcester, MA I spotted the small sign on Rt 84 and decided to take a break from driving. I had remembered reading about this museum, somewhere, sometime, and was intrigued. The sign on Rt 84 is small as are the subsequent signs pointing the way. Of course, I was always in the wrong lane for turnings or didn’t see the small signs until I was through the intersections so needed to do some backtracking and turning around to get on course. But it was worth the detour.
The New England Carousel Museum
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape cod and Acadia
- 2 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 3 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 4 Grand Marais?
- 5 Best hotels near the Kennedy Center?
- 6 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 7 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 8 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 9 Barrow Alaska
- 10 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 11 Salt Lake City
- 12 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 13 Park City Utah
- 14 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 15 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 16 Maine in latter half of September
- 17 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 18 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 19 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 20 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 21 Colorado trip
- 22 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 23 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 24 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 25 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles