The New England Carousel Museum, housed in a former brick hosiery factory in Bristol, CT., is about 5 miles off I84 between Waterbury and Hartford. As I was enroute to Worcester, MA I spotted the small sign on Rt 84 and decided to take a break from driving. I had remembered reading about this museum, somewhere, sometime, and was intrigued. The sign on Rt 84 is small as are the subsequent signs pointing the way. Of course, I was always in the wrong lane for turnings or didn’t see the small signs until I was through the intersections so needed to do some backtracking and turning around to get on course. But it was worth the detour.
The New England Carousel Museum
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 2 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 3 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 4 Maui vacation
- 5 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 6 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 7 Brooklyn why?
- 8 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 9 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 10 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 15 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 16 WISCONSIN
- 17 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 18 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 19 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 20 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 21 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 22 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 23 New York City Restaurants
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco