The New England Carousel Museum, housed in a former brick hosiery factory in Bristol, CT., is about 5 miles off I84 between Waterbury and Hartford. As I was enroute to Worcester, MA I spotted the small sign on Rt 84 and decided to take a break from driving. I had remembered reading about this museum, somewhere, sometime, and was intrigued. The sign on Rt 84 is small as are the subsequent signs pointing the way. Of course, I was always in the wrong lane for turnings or didn’t see the small signs until I was through the intersections so needed to do some backtracking and turning around to get on course. But it was worth the detour.
The New England Carousel Museum
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 11 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 12 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 13 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 19 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 20 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 21 Denver in a half day
- 22 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 23 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 24 Oahu ideas
- 25 Grand Circle & Wyoming