The New England Carousel Museum, housed in a former brick hosiery factory in Bristol, CT., is about 5 miles off I84 between Waterbury and Hartford. As I was enroute to Worcester, MA I spotted the small sign on Rt 84 and decided to take a break from driving. I had remembered reading about this museum, somewhere, sometime, and was intrigued. The sign on Rt 84 is small as are the subsequent signs pointing the way. Of course, I was always in the wrong lane for turnings or didn’t see the small signs until I was through the intersections so needed to do some backtracking and turning around to get on course. But it was worth the detour.
The New England Carousel Museum
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 2 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 3 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 4 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 5 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 6 Montana- what are must see places?
- 7 Utah 2
- 8 Orlando parks advice
- 9 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 10 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 11 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 12 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 13 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 14 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 15 California San Diego area lodging
- 16 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 17 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 18 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 19 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 22 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 23 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 24 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 25 Jersey Shore to NYC?