We set out for Todd Friday morning (Pre-4th) w/new lady friend & children in tow. The place we rented was just outside of Todd & we rented through vrbo.com (per usual). We stopped @ Ingles enroute as our only goal on Friday was to find the place & get settled in. The cabin itself was quite nice although the 'country decor' was, well, there was just too much 'stuff'' laying & hanging about. (Think apples, apples everywhere) The Master Suite was quite nice w/a King-size sleigh bed & a large jacuzzi tub in the bath. The walk out basement contained two sets of bunks in a large room that quickly became the primary 'play area' as well as another bedroom, full bath & laundry room. A great front porch w/wooden glider & two-person swing rounded things out nicely. The first night we 'dined in' & readied ourself for the weekends' excursions.
The Mts. of NC (particularly the Boone/Todd area) Trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 2 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 3 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 4 Getaway
- 5 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 6 Yosemite Lodging
- 7 Temecula Winery Tours
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Fairbanks Alaska
- 10 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 11 Worst Restaurants in America
- 12 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 13 What's new on Maui?
- 14 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 15 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 16 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 17 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 18 Broadway choices
- 19 Question About Sealodge
- 20 Colorado aspen updates
- 21 New England Skiing
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 24 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 25 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale