We set out for Todd Friday morning (Pre-4th) w/new lady friend & children in tow. The place we rented was just outside of Todd & we rented through vrbo.com (per usual). We stopped @ Ingles enroute as our only goal on Friday was to find the place & get settled in. The cabin itself was quite nice although the 'country decor' was, well, there was just too much 'stuff'' laying & hanging about. (Think apples, apples everywhere) The Master Suite was quite nice w/a King-size sleigh bed & a large jacuzzi tub in the bath. The walk out basement contained two sets of bunks in a large room that quickly became the primary 'play area' as well as another bedroom, full bath & laundry room. A great front porch w/wooden glider & two-person swing rounded things out nicely. The first night we 'dined in' & readied ourself for the weekends' excursions.
The Mts. of NC (particularly the Boone/Todd area) Trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 2 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 3 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 4 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 5 General Utah planning questions
- 6 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 7 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 8 Dining in Manhattan
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 11 New York City Christmas Trip
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 14 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 15 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 16 Colorado Skiing
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 19 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 20 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 21 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 22 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 23 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 24 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 25 To San Francisco for 8 days