We set out for Todd Friday morning (Pre-4th) w/new lady friend & children in tow. The place we rented was just outside of Todd & we rented through vrbo.com (per usual). We stopped @ Ingles enroute as our only goal on Friday was to find the place & get settled in. The cabin itself was quite nice although the 'country decor' was, well, there was just too much 'stuff'' laying & hanging about. (Think apples, apples everywhere) The Master Suite was quite nice w/a King-size sleigh bed & a large jacuzzi tub in the bath. The walk out basement contained two sets of bunks in a large room that quickly became the primary 'play area' as well as another bedroom, full bath & laundry room. A great front porch w/wooden glider & two-person swing rounded things out nicely. The first night we 'dined in' & readied ourself for the weekends' excursions.
The Mts. of NC (particularly the Boone/Todd area) Trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 2 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 3 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 4 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 5 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 6 Where to from Tampa?
- 7 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 8 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 9 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 10 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 11 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 12 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 13 Is the New York subway safe?
- 14 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 15 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 16 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 17 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 18 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 19 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 20 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 21 Skiing New Mexico
- 22 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 23 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 24 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014