We set out for Todd Friday morning (Pre-4th) w/new lady friend & children in tow. The place we rented was just outside of Todd & we rented through vrbo.com (per usual). We stopped @ Ingles enroute as our only goal on Friday was to find the place & get settled in. The cabin itself was quite nice although the 'country decor' was, well, there was just too much 'stuff'' laying & hanging about. (Think apples, apples everywhere) The Master Suite was quite nice w/a King-size sleigh bed & a large jacuzzi tub in the bath. The walk out basement contained two sets of bunks in a large room that quickly became the primary 'play area' as well as another bedroom, full bath & laundry room. A great front porch w/wooden glider & two-person swing rounded things out nicely. The first night we 'dined in' & readied ourself for the weekends' excursions.
The Mts. of NC (particularly the Boone/Todd area) Trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 2 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 3 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 4 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 5 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 6 Fall color yet?
- 7 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 8 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 9 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 10 My Book of Mormon review
- 11 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 12 Colorado aspen updates
- 13 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Car service from Oakland airport to city
- 16 Last Minute Trip to Asheville
- 17 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 18 Arches National Park in a day
- 19 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 20 JFK Airport
- 21 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 22 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 23 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 24 Marco Island
- 25 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please