We set out for Todd Friday morning (Pre-4th) w/new lady friend & children in tow. The place we rented was just outside of Todd & we rented through vrbo.com (per usual). We stopped @ Ingles enroute as our only goal on Friday was to find the place & get settled in. The cabin itself was quite nice although the 'country decor' was, well, there was just too much 'stuff'' laying & hanging about. (Think apples, apples everywhere) The Master Suite was quite nice w/a King-size sleigh bed & a large jacuzzi tub in the bath. The walk out basement contained two sets of bunks in a large room that quickly became the primary 'play area' as well as another bedroom, full bath & laundry room. A great front porch w/wooden glider & two-person swing rounded things out nicely. The first night we 'dined in' & readied ourself for the weekends' excursions.
The Mts. of NC (particularly the Boone/Todd area) Trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle - newby questions
- 2 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 3 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 4 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 5 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 6 Wedding venue suggestions - Boston/suburbs
- 7 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 8 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 9 San Francisco to LA driving itinerary 8 days
- 10 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 11 can you help me plan a trip?
- 12 SEATTLE / BALLARD – mini TR about a great wedding visit
- 13 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 14 suggestions for restaurants/ breweries/wineries- Northern coast
- 15 Restaurants Chicago June
- 16 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 17 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 18 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 19 tip for valet parking
- 20 New Orleans
- 21 California: Getty museum
- 22 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 23 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 24 NYC hotel/July
- 25 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?