We set out for Todd Friday morning (Pre-4th) w/new lady friend & children in tow. The place we rented was just outside of Todd & we rented through vrbo.com (per usual). We stopped @ Ingles enroute as our only goal on Friday was to find the place & get settled in. The cabin itself was quite nice although the 'country decor' was, well, there was just too much 'stuff'' laying & hanging about. (Think apples, apples everywhere) The Master Suite was quite nice w/a King-size sleigh bed & a large jacuzzi tub in the bath. The walk out basement contained two sets of bunks in a large room that quickly became the primary 'play area' as well as another bedroom, full bath & laundry room. A great front porch w/wooden glider & two-person swing rounded things out nicely. The first night we 'dined in' & readied ourself for the weekends' excursions.
The Mts. of NC (particularly the Boone/Todd area) Trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 2 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 3 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 4 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 5 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 6 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 7 Vegas hotels for families
- 8 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 9 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 10 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 11 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 12 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 13 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 14 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 15 Transportation help in Philly
- 16 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 17 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 18 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 19 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 20 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 21 Hilton Midtown New York
- 22 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 23 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 24 Tour companies
- 25 NYC Neighbourhoods