We're spending three nights at the High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid over Thanksgiving (Weds-Sat,). Would love some up-to-date intel on best places to eat/drink and some novice-to-intermediate level day hikes. We're a middle-aged couple, traveling with two big dogs. Into locally sourced food and local beer, nothing too super-fancy on the restaurant side, we tend to be pub/bar regulars. (Though I am eyeing the Mirror Lake Inn's Thanksgiving Day buffet, which sounds fabulous.) Will have a car but also love to walk. Willing to drive ~30 minutes' radius for food outside Lake Placid if it's worth the trip. Thanks for any help!
Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 2 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 3 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 4 Monterey and Napa
- 5 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 6 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 7 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 8 New England in the fall
- 9 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 10 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 11 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 12 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 13 Looking for Next Destination
- 14 Worst Restaurants in America
- 15 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 16 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 17 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 18 Fall color yet?
- 19 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 20 Yosemite Lodging
- 21 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 22 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 23 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 24 Lucerne Switzerland for two days in september 2015
- 25 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!