We're spending three nights at the High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid over Thanksgiving (Weds-Sat,). Would love some up-to-date intel on best places to eat/drink and some novice-to-intermediate level day hikes. We're a middle-aged couple, traveling with two big dogs. Into locally sourced food and local beer, nothing too super-fancy on the restaurant side, we tend to be pub/bar regulars. (Though I am eyeing the Mirror Lake Inn's Thanksgiving Day buffet, which sounds fabulous.) Will have a car but also love to walk. Willing to drive ~30 minutes' radius for food outside Lake Placid if it's worth the trip. Thanks for any help!
Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 2 New York city--best time to visit??
- 3 California & French Polynesia
- 4 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 5 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 6 General Utah planning questions
- 7 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 8 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 11 Boston area -- nature
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 14 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 15 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 16 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 17 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 18 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 19 SFO black friday traffic
- 20 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 21 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 22 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 23 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 24 Dining in Manhattan
- 25 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM