We're spending three nights at the High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid over Thanksgiving (Weds-Sat,). Would love some up-to-date intel on best places to eat/drink and some novice-to-intermediate level day hikes. We're a middle-aged couple, traveling with two big dogs. Into locally sourced food and local beer, nothing too super-fancy on the restaurant side, we tend to be pub/bar regulars. (Though I am eyeing the Mirror Lake Inn's Thanksgiving Day buffet, which sounds fabulous.) Will have a car but also love to walk. Willing to drive ~30 minutes' radius for food outside Lake Placid if it's worth the trip. Thanks for any help!
Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 2 Austin Food Trucks
- 3 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 4 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 5 searching for urban master planned community
- 6 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 7 Condos near Disney World
- 8 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 9 family celebration trip
- 10 New England September
- 11 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 12 Deep South sept 2015
- 13 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 14 Hawaii Group Travel
- 15 New York To Ashville NC
- 16 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 17 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 18 Fmpden, are you there?
- 19 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 20 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?
- 21 Southern NJ and Bucks County PA - how's it look?
- 22 Train from Memphis to New Orleans
- 23 Charleston Islands
- 24 Family Spring Break 2015
- 25 Car Rental West Palm Beach