We're spending three nights at the High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid over Thanksgiving (Weds-Sat,). Would love some up-to-date intel on best places to eat/drink and some novice-to-intermediate level day hikes. We're a middle-aged couple, traveling with two big dogs. Into locally sourced food and local beer, nothing too super-fancy on the restaurant side, we tend to be pub/bar regulars. (Though I am eyeing the Mirror Lake Inn's Thanksgiving Day buffet, which sounds fabulous.) Will have a car but also love to walk. Willing to drive ~30 minutes' radius for food outside Lake Placid if it's worth the trip. Thanks for any help!
Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 2 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 3 Phoenix restaurants
- 4 5 week in US/Mexico
- 5 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 6 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 7 10 day trip to California
- 8 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 9 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 10 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Rafting near Denali
- 13 New York City Restaurants
- 14 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 17 Kennedy Space Center
- 18 Week in October in Maine
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 21 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 22 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 23 B-Day Mini adventure
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach