We're spending three nights at the High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid over Thanksgiving (Weds-Sat,). Would love some up-to-date intel on best places to eat/drink and some novice-to-intermediate level day hikes. We're a middle-aged couple, traveling with two big dogs. Into locally sourced food and local beer, nothing too super-fancy on the restaurant side, we tend to be pub/bar regulars. (Though I am eyeing the Mirror Lake Inn's Thanksgiving Day buffet, which sounds fabulous.) Will have a car but also love to walk. Willing to drive ~30 minutes' radius for food outside Lake Placid if it's worth the trip. Thanks for any help!
Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 2 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 3 NETRATE CONCEPTS
- 4 Scouting Mt. Dora, Florida
- 5 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 6 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 7 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 9 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 10 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 11 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 12 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 13 Houston in September
- 14 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 15 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 16 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 17 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 18 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 19 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 20 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 21 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 22 New York Trip
- 23 Balloon fest hotels
- 24 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 25 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast