We're spending three nights at the High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid over Thanksgiving (Weds-Sat,). Would love some up-to-date intel on best places to eat/drink and some novice-to-intermediate level day hikes. We're a middle-aged couple, traveling with two big dogs. Into locally sourced food and local beer, nothing too super-fancy on the restaurant side, we tend to be pub/bar regulars. (Though I am eyeing the Mirror Lake Inn's Thanksgiving Day buffet, which sounds fabulous.) Will have a car but also love to walk. Willing to drive ~30 minutes' radius for food outside Lake Placid if it's worth the trip. Thanks for any help!
Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 3 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 4 culpepper
- 5 Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents LEGENDS coming to the Bay Area!
- 6 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 7 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 8 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 9 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 10 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 11 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 12 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 13 Pub with food in Seattle
- 14 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 15 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 16 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 17 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 18 Hotel near Miami airport
- 19 moving to florida
- 20 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 21 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 22 Our perfect day in Key West
- 23 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 24 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 25 Road Trip SW