We're spending three nights at the High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid over Thanksgiving (Weds-Sat,). Would love some up-to-date intel on best places to eat/drink and some novice-to-intermediate level day hikes. We're a middle-aged couple, traveling with two big dogs. Into locally sourced food and local beer, nothing too super-fancy on the restaurant side, we tend to be pub/bar regulars. (Though I am eyeing the Mirror Lake Inn's Thanksgiving Day buffet, which sounds fabulous.) Will have a car but also love to walk. Willing to drive ~30 minutes' radius for food outside Lake Placid if it's worth the trip. Thanks for any help!
Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 week in US/Mexico
- 2 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 3 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 4 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 5 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 6 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 9 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 10 Washington, DC to Boston
- 11 New Orleans Weekend
- 12 Phoenix restaurants
- 13 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 14 San Diego Trip Report
- 15 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 16 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 17 rain in Kauai
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 20 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 21 WISCONSIN
- 22 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 23 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 24 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 25 A few hours in Salt Lake City