We're spending three nights at the High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid over Thanksgiving (Weds-Sat,). Would love some up-to-date intel on best places to eat/drink and some novice-to-intermediate level day hikes. We're a middle-aged couple, traveling with two big dogs. Into locally sourced food and local beer, nothing too super-fancy on the restaurant side, we tend to be pub/bar regulars. (Though I am eyeing the Mirror Lake Inn's Thanksgiving Day buffet, which sounds fabulous.) Will have a car but also love to walk. Willing to drive ~30 minutes' radius for food outside Lake Placid if it's worth the trip. Thanks for any help!
Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 2 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 3 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 4 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 Zion the narrows
- 6 Advice on Roadtrip
- 7 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 8 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 9 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 10 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 11 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 12 Los Angeles day trips
- 13 Hawaiian Islands
- 14 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 15 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 16 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 17 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 18 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 19 Cabin in Asheville area
- 20 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 21 Seattle Transportation??
- 22 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 25 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics