I am piggybacking on my husband's business trip, and making a family trip out of it. We will fly into Dallas on a Friday night, and then will be touring around on Saturday. We can leave Dallas whenever we like, as long as we are in San Antonio by 9am Monday for a meeting that will last about an hour. We fly home from San Antonio on Tuesday morning.
I know that is not a lot of time, and there is a nice long drive in-between downtown Dallas and downtown San Antonio. Still, despite our short time, I intend to make a big weekend out of it! I'd love your thoughts on what would be fun to do.
My kids are 8 and 11 and are both outdoor-loving boys. I'd love to see a rodeo, and perhaps see a little of the hill country. I was there years ago and the color of the water was just unreal- kind of a milky green. I'd like for them to see that if it isn't too far out of the way. While the SA riverwalk is very cool, shops and bars are not really my kids' thing, so that might be something to do for dinner, but won't be a main destination. I do want them to see the Alamo, and where the Cowboys play in Dallas.
We will have a rental car and gps, and also want to eat good bbq.
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!
Texas Trip Planning Questions- Long weekend in August
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary opinions
- 2 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 3 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 4 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 5 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 6 Will have five days in Savannah
- 7 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 8 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 9 Need some shade in Key West
- 10 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 11 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 12 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 13 New England in the fall
- 14 Our perfect day in Key West
- 15 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 16 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 17 Mesa Verde
- 18 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 19 Long Beach Aquarium Trip
- 20 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 21 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 22 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 23 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 24 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 25 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride