I am piggybacking on my husband's business trip, and making a family trip out of it. We will fly into Dallas on a Friday night, and then will be touring around on Saturday. We can leave Dallas whenever we like, as long as we are in San Antonio by 9am Monday for a meeting that will last about an hour. We fly home from San Antonio on Tuesday morning.
I know that is not a lot of time, and there is a nice long drive in-between downtown Dallas and downtown San Antonio. Still, despite our short time, I intend to make a big weekend out of it! I'd love your thoughts on what would be fun to do.
My kids are 8 and 11 and are both outdoor-loving boys. I'd love to see a rodeo, and perhaps see a little of the hill country. I was there years ago and the color of the water was just unreal- kind of a milky green. I'd like for them to see that if it isn't too far out of the way. While the SA riverwalk is very cool, shops and bars are not really my kids' thing, so that might be something to do for dinner, but won't be a main destination. I do want them to see the Alamo, and where the Cowboys play in Dallas.
We will have a rental car and gps, and also want to eat good bbq.
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 2 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 3 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 4 Maine weather and temps
- 5 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 6 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 7 WA to CT
- 8 L.A. and Sequoia
- 9 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 10 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 11 Alcatrez sold out
- 12 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 13 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 14 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 15 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 16 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 17 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 18 Broadway
- 19 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 20 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 21 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 22 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 23 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 24 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 25 Need help planning....