I am piggybacking on my husband's business trip, and making a family trip out of it. We will fly into Dallas on a Friday night, and then will be touring around on Saturday. We can leave Dallas whenever we like, as long as we are in San Antonio by 9am Monday for a meeting that will last about an hour. We fly home from San Antonio on Tuesday morning.
I know that is not a lot of time, and there is a nice long drive in-between downtown Dallas and downtown San Antonio. Still, despite our short time, I intend to make a big weekend out of it! I'd love your thoughts on what would be fun to do.
My kids are 8 and 11 and are both outdoor-loving boys. I'd love to see a rodeo, and perhaps see a little of the hill country. I was there years ago and the color of the water was just unreal- kind of a milky green. I'd like for them to see that if it isn't too far out of the way. While the SA riverwalk is very cool, shops and bars are not really my kids' thing, so that might be something to do for dinner, but won't be a main destination. I do want them to see the Alamo, and where the Cowboys play in Dallas.
We will have a rental car and gps, and also want to eat good bbq.
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 2 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 3 A June trip to Kauai
- 4 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 5 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 6 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 7 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 8 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 9 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 10 Newark to Paris
- 11 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 12 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 13 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 14 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 15 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 16 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 17 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 18 Napa Valley Hotel
- 19 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 20 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 21 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 22 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 23 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 24 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 25 Depot Bay OR