I am piggybacking on my husband's business trip, and making a family trip out of it. We will fly into Dallas on a Friday night, and then will be touring around on Saturday. We can leave Dallas whenever we like, as long as we are in San Antonio by 9am Monday for a meeting that will last about an hour. We fly home from San Antonio on Tuesday morning.
I know that is not a lot of time, and there is a nice long drive in-between downtown Dallas and downtown San Antonio. Still, despite our short time, I intend to make a big weekend out of it! I'd love your thoughts on what would be fun to do.
My kids are 8 and 11 and are both outdoor-loving boys. I'd love to see a rodeo, and perhaps see a little of the hill country. I was there years ago and the color of the water was just unreal- kind of a milky green. I'd like for them to see that if it isn't too far out of the way. While the SA riverwalk is very cool, shops and bars are not really my kids' thing, so that might be something to do for dinner, but won't be a main destination. I do want them to see the Alamo, and where the Cowboys play in Dallas.
We will have a rental car and gps, and also want to eat good bbq.
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Charter Yacht Rentals: The Sophisticated Lady
- 2 USA family tour
- 3 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 5 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 6 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 7 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 8 Here Are Our Interests, Now What Would You Add to Seattle?
- 9 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 10 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 11 Costco Travel
- 12 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 13 Philly Itinerary Help
- 14 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 15 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 16 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 17 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 18 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 19 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 20 4 days road trip southern New England
- 21 trip out west horses and rafting
- 22 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 23 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 24 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 25 Big Island Hawaii car rental