I am piggybacking on my husband's business trip, and making a family trip out of it. We will fly into Dallas on a Friday night, and then will be touring around on Saturday. We can leave Dallas whenever we like, as long as we are in San Antonio by 9am Monday for a meeting that will last about an hour. We fly home from San Antonio on Tuesday morning.
I know that is not a lot of time, and there is a nice long drive in-between downtown Dallas and downtown San Antonio. Still, despite our short time, I intend to make a big weekend out of it! I'd love your thoughts on what would be fun to do.
My kids are 8 and 11 and are both outdoor-loving boys. I'd love to see a rodeo, and perhaps see a little of the hill country. I was there years ago and the color of the water was just unreal- kind of a milky green. I'd like for them to see that if it isn't too far out of the way. While the SA riverwalk is very cool, shops and bars are not really my kids' thing, so that might be something to do for dinner, but won't be a main destination. I do want them to see the Alamo, and where the Cowboys play in Dallas.
We will have a rental car and gps, and also want to eat good bbq.
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 2 Bear cubs at Wild Animal Sanctuary
- 3 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 4 11 days SE coast road trip
- 5 Silverthorne
- 6 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 7 Places to stay in TX...?
- 8 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 9 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 10 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 11 50th in Hawaii
- 12 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 13 Condo rental for snowbirds
- 14 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 15 Ironman Housing in Kailua Kona
- 16 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?
- 17 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 18 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 19 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 20 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 21 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 22 Driving from Baltimore to Savannah Ga
- 23 Berkshires with a toddler
- 24 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 25 hilicopter tour oahu