I am piggybacking on my husband's business trip, and making a family trip out of it. We will fly into Dallas on a Friday night, and then will be touring around on Saturday. We can leave Dallas whenever we like, as long as we are in San Antonio by 9am Monday for a meeting that will last about an hour. We fly home from San Antonio on Tuesday morning.
I know that is not a lot of time, and there is a nice long drive in-between downtown Dallas and downtown San Antonio. Still, despite our short time, I intend to make a big weekend out of it! I'd love your thoughts on what would be fun to do.
My kids are 8 and 11 and are both outdoor-loving boys. I'd love to see a rodeo, and perhaps see a little of the hill country. I was there years ago and the color of the water was just unreal- kind of a milky green. I'd like for them to see that if it isn't too far out of the way. While the SA riverwalk is very cool, shops and bars are not really my kids' thing, so that might be something to do for dinner, but won't be a main destination. I do want them to see the Alamo, and where the Cowboys play in Dallas.
We will have a rental car and gps, and also want to eat good bbq.
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!
Texas Trip Planning Questions- Long weekend in August
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 3 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 4 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 5 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 6 Denver 1 day in denver
- 7 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 8 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 9 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 10 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 11 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 12 Burlington VT day trip
- 13 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 14 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 15 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 16 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 17 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 18 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 19 San Francisco - mid October
- 20 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 21 Vegas hotels for families
- 22 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 23 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 24 Westin Portland Harborview or Residence Inn ... another downtown hotel?
- 25 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?