Just had a few questions regarding a potential trip to Texas. My wife and I were thinking of traveling in either April or May and would be flying out of Syracuse and renting a car.
The purpose of the trip is simply to explore some areas of the state and soak up its best parts for approximately 10 days. We're both fascinated by Southern U.S. culture and have already experienced the deep south (AL,MS,LA) so Texas seemed like a logical follow-up trip.
A preliminary idea was to fly into Austin considering we both love music, spend a couple of days and go from there. I'm having trouble building an itinerary after time spent in Austin only because the state is so big and there are so many directions one could head. I've heard of hill country (but don't know what it has to offer), San Antonio of course (but don't want to do a ton of big city driving) and then there's the gulf coast (which I know very little about).
Anyway, I mentioned music but we also love history, anything culturally unique to Texas and just regular vacation stuff ie: beaches, nightlife, shopping etc.
I know this is lengthy so thanks to anyone who reads it all and replies.
Texas travel ideas
- 1 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 2 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 3 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 4 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 5 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 6 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 7 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 8 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 9 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 10 RIP Judy Rogers
- 11 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 12 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 13 Boston area
- 14 Savanah Sojourn
- 15 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 16 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 17 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 18 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 19 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 20 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 21 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 22 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 23 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 24 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 25 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??