Just had a few questions regarding a potential trip to Texas. My wife and I were thinking of traveling in either April or May and would be flying out of Syracuse and renting a car.
The purpose of the trip is simply to explore some areas of the state and soak up its best parts for approximately 10 days. We're both fascinated by Southern U.S. culture and have already experienced the deep south (AL,MS,LA) so Texas seemed like a logical follow-up trip.
A preliminary idea was to fly into Austin considering we both love music, spend a couple of days and go from there. I'm having trouble building an itinerary after time spent in Austin only because the state is so big and there are so many directions one could head. I've heard of hill country (but don't know what it has to offer), San Antonio of course (but don't want to do a ton of big city driving) and then there's the gulf coast (which I know very little about).
Anyway, I mentioned music but we also love history, anything culturally unique to Texas and just regular vacation stuff ie: beaches, nightlife, shopping etc.
I know this is lengthy so thanks to anyone who reads it all and replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 2 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 3 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 4 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 5 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 6 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 7 NY State Assembly Internship
- 8 Grand Canyon
- 9 San Francisco and Napa
- 10 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 11 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 12 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 13 White Christmas
- 14 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 15 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 16 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 17 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 18 Midway point
- 19 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 20 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 21 New York City
- 22 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 23 Relocating to the Deep South
- 24 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 25 Arlington funeral plans