Just had a few questions regarding a potential trip to Texas. My wife and I were thinking of traveling in either April or May and would be flying out of Syracuse and renting a car.
The purpose of the trip is simply to explore some areas of the state and soak up its best parts for approximately 10 days. We're both fascinated by Southern U.S. culture and have already experienced the deep south (AL,MS,LA) so Texas seemed like a logical follow-up trip.
A preliminary idea was to fly into Austin considering we both love music, spend a couple of days and go from there. I'm having trouble building an itinerary after time spent in Austin only because the state is so big and there are so many directions one could head. I've heard of hill country (but don't know what it has to offer), San Antonio of course (but don't want to do a ton of big city driving) and then there's the gulf coast (which I know very little about).
Anyway, I mentioned music but we also love history, anything culturally unique to Texas and just regular vacation stuff ie: beaches, nightlife, shopping etc.
I know this is lengthy so thanks to anyone who reads it all and replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 2 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 3 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 4 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 5 New Software
- 6 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 7 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 8 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 9 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 10 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 11 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 12 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 13 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 14 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 15 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 16 Relocation Decision- Charlotte NC, Charleston, SC or Houston Texas
- 17 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 18 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 19 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 20 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 21 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 22 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 23 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 24 Boston waterfront Italian
- 25 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip