Just had a few questions regarding a potential trip to Texas. My wife and I were thinking of traveling in either April or May and would be flying out of Syracuse and renting a car.
The purpose of the trip is simply to explore some areas of the state and soak up its best parts for approximately 10 days. We're both fascinated by Southern U.S. culture and have already experienced the deep south (AL,MS,LA) so Texas seemed like a logical follow-up trip.
A preliminary idea was to fly into Austin considering we both love music, spend a couple of days and go from there. I'm having trouble building an itinerary after time spent in Austin only because the state is so big and there are so many directions one could head. I've heard of hill country (but don't know what it has to offer), San Antonio of course (but don't want to do a ton of big city driving) and then there's the gulf coast (which I know very little about).
Anyway, I mentioned music but we also love history, anything culturally unique to Texas and just regular vacation stuff ie: beaches, nightlife, shopping etc.
I know this is lengthy so thanks to anyone who reads it all and replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 2 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 3 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 4 Vannak Taing
- 5 Bar Harbor/Acadia Insight
- 6 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 7 San Diego to San Francisco in 15 days
- 8 5 Days near Denver
- 9 Folger-Shakespeare Library
- 10 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 11 20 Days Road Trip
- 12 Briefly, in WNY
- 13 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 14 Denver to Yellowstone
- 15 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 16 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 17 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 18 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 19 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 20 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 21 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 22 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 23 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 24 hotel in NYC
- 25 Wanted: Two beds, charming place NOLA