Just had a few questions regarding a potential trip to Texas. My wife and I were thinking of traveling in either April or May and would be flying out of Syracuse and renting a car.
The purpose of the trip is simply to explore some areas of the state and soak up its best parts for approximately 10 days. We're both fascinated by Southern U.S. culture and have already experienced the deep south (AL,MS,LA) so Texas seemed like a logical follow-up trip.
A preliminary idea was to fly into Austin considering we both love music, spend a couple of days and go from there. I'm having trouble building an itinerary after time spent in Austin only because the state is so big and there are so many directions one could head. I've heard of hill country (but don't know what it has to offer), San Antonio of course (but don't want to do a ton of big city driving) and then there's the gulf coast (which I know very little about).
Anyway, I mentioned music but we also love history, anything culturally unique to Texas and just regular vacation stuff ie: beaches, nightlife, shopping etc.
I know this is lengthy so thanks to anyone who reads it all and replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Passports, Driver's License,Express work permits,IELTS certifica
- 2 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 3 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 4 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 5 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 6 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 7 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 8 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 9 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 10 sugestions
- 11 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 12 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 13 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 14 Rules of the NY Subway
- 15 Big Sur Help!!
- 16 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 17 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 18 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 19 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 20 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 21 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 22 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 23 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 24 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 25 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn