Just had a few questions regarding a potential trip to Texas. My wife and I were thinking of traveling in either April or May and would be flying out of Syracuse and renting a car.
The purpose of the trip is simply to explore some areas of the state and soak up its best parts for approximately 10 days. We're both fascinated by Southern U.S. culture and have already experienced the deep south (AL,MS,LA) so Texas seemed like a logical follow-up trip.
A preliminary idea was to fly into Austin considering we both love music, spend a couple of days and go from there. I'm having trouble building an itinerary after time spent in Austin only because the state is so big and there are so many directions one could head. I've heard of hill country (but don't know what it has to offer), San Antonio of course (but don't want to do a ton of big city driving) and then there's the gulf coast (which I know very little about).
Anyway, I mentioned music but we also love history, anything culturally unique to Texas and just regular vacation stuff ie: beaches, nightlife, shopping etc.
I know this is lengthy so thanks to anyone who reads it all and replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.visit4supplements.com/megaxxl/
- 2 Local Movers Charlotte NC : Cheap Moving Company
- 3 Medma Marketplace Extension Offer
- 4 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 5 is phenq safe
- 6 Colorado Shows Off
- 7 Philadelphia Movers LLC : Local Moving Company
- 8 Health insurance for Europeans travelling to USA
- 9 San Diego VRBO area
- 10 New England Tour
- 11 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 12 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 13 help me plan a Cali trip
- 14 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 15 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 16 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 17 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 18 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 19 Wilmington DE questions
- 20 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 21 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 22 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 23 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 24 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 25 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?