Just had a few questions regarding a potential trip to Texas. My wife and I were thinking of traveling in either April or May and would be flying out of Syracuse and renting a car.
The purpose of the trip is simply to explore some areas of the state and soak up its best parts for approximately 10 days. We're both fascinated by Southern U.S. culture and have already experienced the deep south (AL,MS,LA) so Texas seemed like a logical follow-up trip.
A preliminary idea was to fly into Austin considering we both love music, spend a couple of days and go from there. I'm having trouble building an itinerary after time spent in Austin only because the state is so big and there are so many directions one could head. I've heard of hill country (but don't know what it has to offer), San Antonio of course (but don't want to do a ton of big city driving) and then there's the gulf coast (which I know very little about).
Anyway, I mentioned music but we also love history, anything culturally unique to Texas and just regular vacation stuff ie: beaches, nightlife, shopping etc.
I know this is lengthy so thanks to anyone who reads it all and replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 2 Arizona in late January
- 3 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 4 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 5 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 6 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 7 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 8 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 9 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 10 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 11 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 12 Las Vegas Vacation
- 13 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 14 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 15 Traveling Alone
- 16 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 17 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 18 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 19 Glacier National Park
- 20 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 21 Vegas with toddler twins
- 22 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 23 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 24 New Mexico in May
- 25 disneyland