Just had a few questions regarding a potential trip to Texas. My wife and I were thinking of traveling in either April or May and would be flying out of Syracuse and renting a car.
The purpose of the trip is simply to explore some areas of the state and soak up its best parts for approximately 10 days. We're both fascinated by Southern U.S. culture and have already experienced the deep south (AL,MS,LA) so Texas seemed like a logical follow-up trip.
A preliminary idea was to fly into Austin considering we both love music, spend a couple of days and go from there. I'm having trouble building an itinerary after time spent in Austin only because the state is so big and there are so many directions one could head. I've heard of hill country (but don't know what it has to offer), San Antonio of course (but don't want to do a ton of big city driving) and then there's the gulf coast (which I know very little about).
Anyway, I mentioned music but we also love history, anything culturally unique to Texas and just regular vacation stuff ie: beaches, nightlife, shopping etc.
I know this is lengthy so thanks to anyone who reads it all and replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 2 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 3 Nashville Never Been
- 4 Coffee in Boston?
- 5 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 6 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 7 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 8 New orleans recs for family
- 9 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 10 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 11 Later Winter around Mobile
- 12 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 13 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 14 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 15 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 16 Uber boston
- 17 Florida keys trip
- 18 First Time to Maine - Itinerary Help!
- 19 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 20 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 21 Florida beach vacation
- 22 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 23 Hawaii Help
- 24 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 25 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017