My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. We drove across Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas - almost 2,000 miles. Naturally we only got a 'snapshot' of the towns we visited - but they were pretty good snapshots! Our hotels/motels varied quite a bit. From bargain $70 suites (using hotel coupons for places situated on the outskirts of towns), to an antebellum home stuffed with beautiful antiques. It was a great trip and we took plenty of lovely memories home with us.
Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 2 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 3 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 4 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 5 Clearwater FL area
- 6 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 7 Los Angeles day trips
- 8 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 9 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 10 trip advice from TN to TX
- 11 san diego or nearby area
- 12 middlebury vt snow
- 13 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 14 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 15 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 16 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 17 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 18 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 19 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 20 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 21 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 22 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 23 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 24 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 25 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter