My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. We drove across Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas - almost 2,000 miles. Naturally we only got a 'snapshot' of the towns we visited - but they were pretty good snapshots! Our hotels/motels varied quite a bit. From bargain $70 suites (using hotel coupons for places situated on the outskirts of towns), to an antebellum home stuffed with beautiful antiques. It was a great trip and we took plenty of lovely memories home with us.
Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
View all United States activity »
- 1 One day in Washington DC
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 6 Traveling across the US by van!
- 7 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 8 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 San Antonio
- 12 hotel near Met NYC
- 13 Key West on NYE
- 14 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 15 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 16 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 17 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 18 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 19 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 20 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 21 Hotel near Public Theater
- 22 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 23 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 24 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 25 Oahu Information