My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. We drove across Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas - almost 2,000 miles. Naturally we only got a 'snapshot' of the towns we visited - but they were pretty good snapshots! Our hotels/motels varied quite a bit. From bargain $70 suites (using hotel coupons for places situated on the outskirts of towns), to an antebellum home stuffed with beautiful antiques. It was a great trip and we took plenty of lovely memories home with us.
Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 2 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 3 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 4 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 5 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 6 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 7 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 8 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 9 Seattle: Something Different?
- 10 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 11 Park City ideas
- 12 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 13 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 14 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 15 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 16 NYC Clubs for live music
- 17 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 18 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 19 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 20 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 21 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 22 ONP help
- 23 California road trip
- 24 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 25 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .