My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. We drove across Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas - almost 2,000 miles. Naturally we only got a 'snapshot' of the towns we visited - but they were pretty good snapshots! Our hotels/motels varied quite a bit. From bargain $70 suites (using hotel coupons for places situated on the outskirts of towns), to an antebellum home stuffed with beautiful antiques. It was a great trip and we took plenty of lovely memories home with us.
Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 7 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 8 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 17 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 18 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 19 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 20 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Dining in D.C.
- 23 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 24 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?