My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. We drove across Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas - almost 2,000 miles. Naturally we only got a 'snapshot' of the towns we visited - but they were pretty good snapshots! Our hotels/motels varied quite a bit. From bargain $70 suites (using hotel coupons for places situated on the outskirts of towns), to an antebellum home stuffed with beautiful antiques. It was a great trip and we took plenty of lovely memories home with us.
Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 2 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 3 united and carry-ons
- 4 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 8 Cape Cod in early April
- 9 USA with a 3 year old
- 10 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 11 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 14 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 15 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 18 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 25 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver