My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. We drove across Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas - almost 2,000 miles. Naturally we only got a 'snapshot' of the towns we visited - but they were pretty good snapshots! Our hotels/motels varied quite a bit. From bargain $70 suites (using hotel coupons for places situated on the outskirts of towns), to an antebellum home stuffed with beautiful antiques. It was a great trip and we took plenty of lovely memories home with us.
Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 culpepper
- 4 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 5 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 6 Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents LEGENDS coming to the Bay Area!
- 7 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 8 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 9 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 10 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 11 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 12 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 13 Pub with food in Seattle
- 14 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 15 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 16 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 17 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 18 Hotel near Miami airport
- 19 moving to florida
- 20 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 21 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 22 Our perfect day in Key West
- 23 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 24 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 25 Road Trip SW