My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. We drove across Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas - almost 2,000 miles. Naturally we only got a 'snapshot' of the towns we visited - but they were pretty good snapshots! Our hotels/motels varied quite a bit. From bargain $70 suites (using hotel coupons for places situated on the outskirts of towns), to an antebellum home stuffed with beautiful antiques. It was a great trip and we took plenty of lovely memories home with us.
Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 2 Cape Cod
- 3 San Francisco - mid October
- 4 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 5 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 6 San Diego with Kids
- 7 Tour companies
- 8 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 9 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 10 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 11 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 12 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 13 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 14 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 15 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 16 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 17 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 18 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 19 Getting around the Big Island
- 20 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 21 best of yellowstone
- 22 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 23 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 24 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 25 New York Yankee Station