My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. We drove across Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas - almost 2,000 miles. Naturally we only got a 'snapshot' of the towns we visited - but they were pretty good snapshots! Our hotels/motels varied quite a bit. From bargain $70 suites (using hotel coupons for places situated on the outskirts of towns), to an antebellum home stuffed with beautiful antiques. It was a great trip and we took plenty of lovely memories home with us.
Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 2 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 3 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 4 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 5 Getaway
- 6 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 7 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 8 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 9 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 10 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 11 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 12 Theater Historians
- 13 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 14 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 15 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 16 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 17 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 18 Boston hotel & transportation
- 19 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 20 NBA tickets??
- 21 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 22 Air Connections on Maui
- 23 hilton capital
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon