My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. We drove across Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas - almost 2,000 miles. Naturally we only got a 'snapshot' of the towns we visited - but they were pretty good snapshots! Our hotels/motels varied quite a bit. From bargain $70 suites (using hotel coupons for places situated on the outskirts of towns), to an antebellum home stuffed with beautiful antiques. It was a great trip and we took plenty of lovely memories home with us.
Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 2 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 3 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 4 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 5 St. Simon, Georgia
- 6 Looking for Next Destination
- 7 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 8 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 9 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 10 West Coast Road Trip
- 11 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 12 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 13 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 14 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 15 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 16 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 17 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 18 Moving to New Jersey
- 19 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 20 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 21 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 22 California
- 23 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 24 Maui itinerary
- 25 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress