My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. We drove across Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas - almost 2,000 miles. Naturally we only got a 'snapshot' of the towns we visited - but they were pretty good snapshots! Our hotels/motels varied quite a bit. From bargain $70 suites (using hotel coupons for places situated on the outskirts of towns), to an antebellum home stuffed with beautiful antiques. It was a great trip and we took plenty of lovely memories home with us.
Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 2 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 3 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 4 Sea world San Diego
- 5 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 6 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 7 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 8 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 9 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 10 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 11 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 12 Berkshires
- 13 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 14 Montana- what are must see places?
- 15 Clearwater visit.
- 16 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 17 Hawaii is still Hell
- 18 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 19 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 20 Spring Break in Charleston
- 21 Charleston Airport Hotel
- 22 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 23 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 24 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 25 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park