My husband and I are wanting to get away in January. (We are in our late 50's) He is a college prof, so has a long break after Christmas. We are thinking on heading toward San Antonio and maybe Corpus Christie. Hubby loves history and wants to see the Alamo. I want to see the Riverwalk. We thought being by the ocean would be nice and wondered if it would be better to stay in Corpus Christie and take a day trip to San Antonio, or vice versa. We will have approx. 5 days. When is the slower season down there so prices may be less for lodging? We don't want to do any swimming, but love walking on the beaches. Any information would be appreciated.
Texas in January
- 1 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 2 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 3 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 4 Help with NYC transit
- 5 Boston Area College Tour
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 8 Door County
- 9 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 10 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 11 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 12 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 13 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 14 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 15 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 16 Albuquerque to Denver
- 17 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 18 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 19 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 20 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 21 Using public transit in San Diego
- 22 Williamsburg VA
- 23 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 24 A Visit to Charleston
- 25 Restos in Boca Raton