we would like to ask your help and extensive experience with our trip itinerary.
We are a couple, both 31 years old, This is not our first time in the U.S. but it will be our first time travelling (and probably last in the near future, so we want to do and see as much as possible).
We already purchased the ticket, we will be landing in Los Angeles 2/9 and departure from JFK 10/10.
We have several anchors, places and things we really really want to see and do, but overall we don’t mind changing our plan if something won’t work out.
Were both love the outdoors, like camping , sightseeing and quaint places.
This is our “dream” itinerary, we hope it will be practical enough to implement…
2/9 Landing in Los Angeles 4 pm
3-4 Los Angeles
5-6 Highway 1 to San Francisco
7-8 San Francisco
9 early drive and arriving at Yosemite
11 from Yosemite to Vegas through Tioga pass, lodging on the way (Lone Pines?)
12 travelling to Las Vegas through Death Valley. arriving to Vegas.
15 Zion Park, lodging Mount Carmel junction.
16 Bryce Park, lodging Page
17 Horseshoe Bend, lodging and travelling Grand Canyon
18-19 drive to Roswell NM, through Albuquerque and Santa Fe (Nice things to see on the way?)
20 Roswell and Carlsbad Caves
21-22 drive to Houston Tx (through San Antonio / Austin?)
23 Houston - NASA 's space center
24 Drive to NOLA (through Avery Island and Baton Rouge)
a 5 days road trip from NOLA to Niagara Falls (according to Google a 19 hours drive), this is the least planned and most awaited part of our trip. we would love some recommendations how to make it the best road trip ever.
2 Niagara Falls (Canadian side)
3 driving to Lancaster county PA (through the Finger Lakes).
4 Lancaster county - Amish, lodging Washington DC
5 Washington DC
6 Driving to NYC (through Philadelphia / Baltimore?)
7-10 NYC, departure 11 pm.
we will kindly appreciate any tip or advice!
PS please ignore any mistakes... English isn't our native language
Tentative Itinerary - 39 days road trip all over the US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Self guided White House tour
- 2 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 3 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 4 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 5 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 6 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 7 Northwest USA
- 8 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 9 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 10 Central Coast-California
- 11 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 12 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 13 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 14 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 15 Moving to CT
- 16 Hotels Philly
- 17 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 18 Ackislander
- 19 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 20 san diego or nearby area
- 21 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 22 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 23 LA for a day and a half
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 ski trip: utah or colorado