we would like to ask your help and extensive experience with our trip itinerary.
We are a couple, both 31 years old, This is not our first time in the U.S. but it will be our first time travelling (and probably last in the near future, so we want to do and see as much as possible).
We already purchased the ticket, we will be landing in Los Angeles 2/9 and departure from JFK 10/10.
We have several anchors, places and things we really really want to see and do, but overall we don’t mind changing our plan if something won’t work out.
Were both love the outdoors, like camping , sightseeing and quaint places.
This is our “dream” itinerary, we hope it will be practical enough to implement…
2/9 Landing in Los Angeles 4 pm
3-4 Los Angeles
5-6 Highway 1 to San Francisco
7-8 San Francisco
9 early drive and arriving at Yosemite
11 from Yosemite to Vegas through Tioga pass, lodging on the way (Lone Pines?)
12 travelling to Las Vegas through Death Valley. arriving to Vegas.
15 Zion Park, lodging Mount Carmel junction.
16 Bryce Park, lodging Page
17 Horseshoe Bend, lodging and travelling Grand Canyon
18-19 drive to Roswell NM, through Albuquerque and Santa Fe (Nice things to see on the way?)
20 Roswell and Carlsbad Caves
21-22 drive to Houston Tx (through San Antonio / Austin?)
23 Houston - NASA 's space center
24 Drive to NOLA (through Avery Island and Baton Rouge)
a 5 days road trip from NOLA to Niagara Falls (according to Google a 19 hours drive), this is the least planned and most awaited part of our trip. we would love some recommendations how to make it the best road trip ever.
2 Niagara Falls (Canadian side)
3 driving to Lancaster county PA (through the Finger Lakes).
4 Lancaster county - Amish, lodging Washington DC
5 Washington DC
6 Driving to NYC (through Philadelphia / Baltimore?)
7-10 NYC, departure 11 pm.
we will kindly appreciate any tip or advice!
PS please ignore any mistakes... English isn't our native language
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 2 Northwest Passage
- 3 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 4 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 5 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 6 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 7 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 8 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 9 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 10 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 11 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 12 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 13 Northwest Car Trip
- 14 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 15 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 16 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 17 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 20 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 21 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 22 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 23 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 24 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 25 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide