My son and I and my nephew will be arriving in anchorage near the beginning of April thru August. This will be a hiking and tent camping excursion. We plan on picking up our sportsman fishing licenses and would like to just, Enjoy the time together fishing hiking and camping. I would appreciate any advice on free camping outside of Anchorage. My son attended APU and has given me a good idea of the area and says that there are plenty of places to camp outside of the city for responsible campers. I am 48 years old my son is 22 and my nephew is 30. We are not looking for a party just a chance to experience Alaska. I hope to stay close to anchorage for the fist month and a half, but do not want to be considered a vagrant or nuisance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern history- walkable cities
- 2 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 3 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 4 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 5 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 6 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 7 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 8 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 9 Zepher to CA from Den or Yellowstone
- 10 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 11 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 12 Beer Bar - NYC
- 13 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 14 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 15 First Trip to New Mexico
- 16 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 17 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 18 Seattle?
- 19 November redwoods trip
- 20 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 21 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 22 costco Big island
- 23 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 24 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 25 2 weeks in Alaska with kids