My son and I and my nephew will be arriving in anchorage near the beginning of April thru August. This will be a hiking and tent camping excursion. We plan on picking up our sportsman fishing licenses and would like to just, Enjoy the time together fishing hiking and camping. I would appreciate any advice on free camping outside of Anchorage. My son attended APU and has given me a good idea of the area and says that there are plenty of places to camp outside of the city for responsible campers. I am 48 years old my son is 22 and my nephew is 30. We are not looking for a party just a chance to experience Alaska. I hope to stay close to anchorage for the fist month and a half, but do not want to be considered a vagrant or nuisance.
Tent camping around Anchorage AK
- 1 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 5 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 6 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 7 Madison Square Garden
- 8 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 9 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 10 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 11 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 12 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 13 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 14 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 15 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 16 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 19 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 20 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 21 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 22 St. Augustine, Florida
- 23 San Antonio
- 24 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 25 hotel near Met NYC