My son and I and my nephew will be arriving in anchorage near the beginning of April thru August. This will be a hiking and tent camping excursion. We plan on picking up our sportsman fishing licenses and would like to just, Enjoy the time together fishing hiking and camping. I would appreciate any advice on free camping outside of Anchorage. My son attended APU and has given me a good idea of the area and says that there are plenty of places to camp outside of the city for responsible campers. I am 48 years old my son is 22 and my nephew is 30. We are not looking for a party just a chance to experience Alaska. I hope to stay close to anchorage for the fist month and a half, but do not want to be considered a vagrant or nuisance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any Sanibel experts?
- 2 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 3 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 4 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 5 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 6 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 7 Later Winter around Mobile
- 8 Rafting the Colorado
- 9 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 12 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 13 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 14 Coffee in Boston?
- 15 Nashville Never Been
- 16 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 17 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 18 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 19 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 20 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 21 Traveling in winter
- 22 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 23 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 24 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 25 New orleans recs for family