My son and I and my nephew will be arriving in anchorage near the beginning of April thru August. This will be a hiking and tent camping excursion. We plan on picking up our sportsman fishing licenses and would like to just, Enjoy the time together fishing hiking and camping. I would appreciate any advice on free camping outside of Anchorage. My son attended APU and has given me a good idea of the area and says that there are plenty of places to camp outside of the city for responsible campers. I am 48 years old my son is 22 and my nephew is 30. We are not looking for a party just a chance to experience Alaska. I hope to stay close to anchorage for the fist month and a half, but do not want to be considered a vagrant or nuisance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help planning....
- 2 L.A. and Sequoia
- 3 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 4 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 5 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 6 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 7 Week motorcycle ride
- 8 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 9 Broadway
- 10 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 11 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 12 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 13 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 14 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 15 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 16 Maine weather and temps
- 17 Not enough time, i guess..
- 18 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 19 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?
- 20 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 21 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 22 Traveling across the US
- 23 Great Smoky Mountains National Park Trip Report
- 24 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 25 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....