My son and I and my nephew will be arriving in anchorage near the beginning of April thru August. This will be a hiking and tent camping excursion. We plan on picking up our sportsman fishing licenses and would like to just, Enjoy the time together fishing hiking and camping. I would appreciate any advice on free camping outside of Anchorage. My son attended APU and has given me a good idea of the area and says that there are plenty of places to camp outside of the city for responsible campers. I am 48 years old my son is 22 and my nephew is 30. We are not looking for a party just a chance to experience Alaska. I hope to stay close to anchorage for the fist month and a half, but do not want to be considered a vagrant or nuisance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 2 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 3 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 4 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 5 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 6 Northern California Redwoods
- 7 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 8 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 9 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 10 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 11 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 12 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 13 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 14 DC restaurant report
- 15 Neue Galerie
- 16 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 17 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 18 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 19 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 20 Arizona in winter
- 21 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 22 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 23 Arizona in late January
- 24 A Few Days in Asheville
- 25 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot