My son and I and my nephew will be arriving in anchorage near the beginning of April thru August. This will be a hiking and tent camping excursion. We plan on picking up our sportsman fishing licenses and would like to just, Enjoy the time together fishing hiking and camping. I would appreciate any advice on free camping outside of Anchorage. My son attended APU and has given me a good idea of the area and says that there are plenty of places to camp outside of the city for responsible campers. I am 48 years old my son is 22 and my nephew is 30. We are not looking for a party just a chance to experience Alaska. I hope to stay close to anchorage for the fist month and a half, but do not want to be considered a vagrant or nuisance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in St. Louis
- 2 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 3 Earths Tongue Reviews
- 4 Introduction
- 5 AR State Parks
- 6 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 7 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 8 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 9 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 10 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 11 Help me with this
- 12 NYC For The Day
- 13 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 14 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 15 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 16 JFK Terminal 8
- 17 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 18 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 19 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 20 California Trip
- 21 Atlanta With Toddler
- 22 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 23 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 24 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 25 Tohono Chul Tucson?