My son and I and my nephew will be arriving in anchorage near the beginning of April thru August. This will be a hiking and tent camping excursion. We plan on picking up our sportsman fishing licenses and would like to just, Enjoy the time together fishing hiking and camping. I would appreciate any advice on free camping outside of Anchorage. My son attended APU and has given me a good idea of the area and says that there are plenty of places to camp outside of the city for responsible campers. I am 48 years old my son is 22 and my nephew is 30. We are not looking for a party just a chance to experience Alaska. I hope to stay close to anchorage for the fist month and a half, but do not want to be considered a vagrant or nuisance.
Tent camping around Anchorage AK
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 2 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 3 Timeshare Nightmares
- 4 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 5 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 6 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 7 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 8 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 9 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 10 Family Camp in Maine
- 11 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 12 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 13 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 14 New York City Restaurants
- 15 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 San Diego
- 18 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast