My son and I and my nephew will be arriving in anchorage near the beginning of April thru August. This will be a hiking and tent camping excursion. We plan on picking up our sportsman fishing licenses and would like to just, Enjoy the time together fishing hiking and camping. I would appreciate any advice on free camping outside of Anchorage. My son attended APU and has given me a good idea of the area and says that there are plenty of places to camp outside of the city for responsible campers. I am 48 years old my son is 22 and my nephew is 30. We are not looking for a party just a chance to experience Alaska. I hope to stay close to anchorage for the fist month and a half, but do not want to be considered a vagrant or nuisance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 (U.S)AOL Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:7208 AOL MAIL Technical HELPLINE
- 2 Big Sur Help!!
- 3 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 4 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 5 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 6 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 7 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 8 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 9 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 10 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 11 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 12 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 13 Rules of the NY Subway
- 14 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 15 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 16 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 17 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 18 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 19 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 20 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 21 Las Vegas trip report
- 22 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 23 10 Days in Maine
- 24 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 25 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?