My son and I and my nephew will be arriving in anchorage near the beginning of April thru August. This will be a hiking and tent camping excursion. We plan on picking up our sportsman fishing licenses and would like to just, Enjoy the time together fishing hiking and camping. I would appreciate any advice on free camping outside of Anchorage. My son attended APU and has given me a good idea of the area and says that there are plenty of places to camp outside of the city for responsible campers. I am 48 years old my son is 22 and my nephew is 30. We are not looking for a party just a chance to experience Alaska. I hope to stay close to anchorage for the fist month and a half, but do not want to be considered a vagrant or nuisance.
Tent camping around Anchorage AK
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 2 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 3 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 4 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 5 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 6 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 7 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 8 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 9 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 10 Best places to move to Florida?
- 11 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 12 Juneau May 8th
- 13 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 16 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 19 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 20 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 21 West Coast Bound End of March
- 22 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 23 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 24 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 25 Salt Lake City, Utah