My mom and I are flying to DC this weekend. Mom doesn't drive, and she's had a Mass. ID for years, issued in 94, no expiration date on it. I figured this would be fine.
She went online and learned that those ID's are no longer valid, so she went to the registry yesterday to get a new one. They gave her a temporary one (w/photo). I'm praying the permanent one comes before Friday (mine have always come just a few days after getting a temp one).
BUT, in case it doesn't, has anyone had experience trying to board with a temporary ID? She rarely travels and doesn't have a passport. She does have a work photo ID that should could give with the temp. one. I kind of wish she had just kept the old one. I think a brand new temporary ID is going to create problems...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 2 New Orleans Streetcars
- 3 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 4 Anaheim - no car
- 5 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 6 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 7 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 8 New York best app
- 9 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 10 Hawaii - where?
- 11 Pacific Northwest
- 12 Shenandoah National park
- 13 Parking in NYC staying at Hotel in Times Squar.. Nervous..e
- 14 Florida Nature Trip
- 15 Rental Car Orlando
- 16 Short trip to San Francisco - report and comment
- 17 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 18 San Francisco to San Diego
- 19 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 20 Vacation Ideas With A 2 years old)?
- 21 24 days out west
- 22 Things to do in NYC
- 23 The Most Beautiful Building In Los Angeles? Perhaps The Central Library!
- 24 Universal Express℠ Pass Worth it?
- 25 Sandford Airport