My mom and I are flying to DC this weekend. Mom doesn't drive, and she's had a Mass. ID for years, issued in 94, no expiration date on it. I figured this would be fine.
She went online and learned that those ID's are no longer valid, so she went to the registry yesterday to get a new one. They gave her a temporary one (w/photo). I'm praying the permanent one comes before Friday (mine have always come just a few days after getting a temp one).
BUT, in case it doesn't, has anyone had experience trying to board with a temporary ID? She rarely travels and doesn't have a passport. She does have a work photo ID that should could give with the temp. one. I kind of wish she had just kept the old one. I think a brand new temporary ID is going to create problems...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 2 Keep checking those car rental rates
- 3 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 4 Travel advice for travel from Portland to San Diego
- 5 Jimmy Carter teaches Sunday School in Plains, Georgia
- 6 Royal Kahana Maui
- 7 Trip Starting from New York
- 8 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 9 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 10 Need Help with Kauai Condo Choices
- 11 September Travel
- 12 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 13 Parking in Boston
- 14 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 15 San Francisco to Seattle road trip
- 16 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 17 Road trip out west
- 18 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 19 Need Northeast itinerary ASAP
- 20 Lake Chelan
- 21 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 22 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 23 1st trip to Colorado
- 24 Mystic CT
- 25 NJ to Sunset Beach, NC