My mom and I are flying to DC this weekend. Mom doesn't drive, and she's had a Mass. ID for years, issued in 94, no expiration date on it. I figured this would be fine.
She went online and learned that those ID's are no longer valid, so she went to the registry yesterday to get a new one. They gave her a temporary one (w/photo). I'm praying the permanent one comes before Friday (mine have always come just a few days after getting a temp one).
BUT, in case it doesn't, has anyone had experience trying to board with a temporary ID? She rarely travels and doesn't have a passport. She does have a work photo ID that should could give with the temp. one. I kind of wish she had just kept the old one. I think a brand new temporary ID is going to create problems...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 This is the right way to improve your body structure
- 2 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 3 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 4 Venice, CA area
- 5 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 6 Rhode Island Get Away
- 7 New England Tour
- 8 Tahoe - Plumpjack Inn vs. Basecamp Hotel
- 9 NYC - Pastrami sandwich near library, Grand Central Station, St Patrick's
- 10 Colorado October 16-25, 2017
- 11 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 12 Blue Ridge Parkway/Great Smoky Mountains
- 13 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 14 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 15 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 16 Adirondacks trip repot
- 17 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 18 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 19 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 20 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 21 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 22 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 23 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 24 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 25 Hotel Picks - Kauai