My mom and I are flying to DC this weekend. Mom doesn't drive, and she's had a Mass. ID for years, issued in 94, no expiration date on it. I figured this would be fine.
She went online and learned that those ID's are no longer valid, so she went to the registry yesterday to get a new one. They gave her a temporary one (w/photo). I'm praying the permanent one comes before Friday (mine have always come just a few days after getting a temp one).
BUT, in case it doesn't, has anyone had experience trying to board with a temporary ID? She rarely travels and doesn't have a passport. She does have a work photo ID that should could give with the temp. one. I kind of wish she had just kept the old one. I think a brand new temporary ID is going to create problems...
temporary ID and plane boarding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 4 Alaska railroad?
- 5 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 6 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 7 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 8 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 9 Itinerary opinions
- 10 Calgary to Banff
- 11 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 12 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 13 Mesa Verde
- 14 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 15 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 16 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 17 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 18 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 19 Our perfect day in Key West
- 20 moving to florida
- 21 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 22 culpepper
- 23 2 weeks in Alaska
- 24 Pub with food in Seattle
- 25 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question