My mom and I are flying to DC this weekend. Mom doesn't drive, and she's had a Mass. ID for years, issued in 94, no expiration date on it. I figured this would be fine.
She went online and learned that those ID's are no longer valid, so she went to the registry yesterday to get a new one. They gave her a temporary one (w/photo). I'm praying the permanent one comes before Friday (mine have always come just a few days after getting a temp one).
BUT, in case it doesn't, has anyone had experience trying to board with a temporary ID? She rarely travels and doesn't have a passport. She does have a work photo ID that should could give with the temp. one. I kind of wish she had just kept the old one. I think a brand new temporary ID is going to create problems...
temporary ID and plane boarding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 2 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 5 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 6 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 7 Colorado in the summer!
- 8 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 9 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 10 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 11 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 12 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 13 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 14 Brooklyn why?
- 15 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 16 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 17 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 18 Kennedy Space Center
- 19 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 20 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 21 5 week in US/Mexico
- 22 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 23 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 24 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint