My mom and I are flying to DC this weekend. Mom doesn't drive, and she's had a Mass. ID for years, issued in 94, no expiration date on it. I figured this would be fine.
She went online and learned that those ID's are no longer valid, so she went to the registry yesterday to get a new one. They gave her a temporary one (w/photo). I'm praying the permanent one comes before Friday (mine have always come just a few days after getting a temp one).
BUT, in case it doesn't, has anyone had experience trying to board with a temporary ID? She rarely travels and doesn't have a passport. She does have a work photo ID that should could give with the temp. one. I kind of wish she had just kept the old one. I think a brand new temporary ID is going to create problems...
temporary ID and plane boarding
- 1 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 2 Warm and don't Drive
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 Hotel near Public Theater
- 5 California Tour Groups?
- 6 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 7 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 8 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 9 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 10 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 11 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 12 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 15 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 16 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 17 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 18 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Savanah Sojourn
- 23 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 24 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 25 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014