My mom and I are flying to DC this weekend. Mom doesn't drive, and she's had a Mass. ID for years, issued in 94, no expiration date on it. I figured this would be fine.
She went online and learned that those ID's are no longer valid, so she went to the registry yesterday to get a new one. They gave her a temporary one (w/photo). I'm praying the permanent one comes before Friday (mine have always come just a few days after getting a temp one).
BUT, in case it doesn't, has anyone had experience trying to board with a temporary ID? She rarely travels and doesn't have a passport. She does have a work photo ID that should could give with the temp. one. I kind of wish she had just kept the old one. I think a brand new temporary ID is going to create problems...
temporary ID and plane boarding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Christmas weather?
- 3 Big island itinerary
- 4 New York City and New England
- 5 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 6 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 7 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 10 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 11 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 14 Thousand Islands
- 15 Best Destination in USA
- 16 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 17 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 18 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 19 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 20 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 21 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 22 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 23 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 24 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 25 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary