My mom and I are flying to DC this weekend. Mom doesn't drive, and she's had a Mass. ID for years, issued in 94, no expiration date on it. I figured this would be fine.
She went online and learned that those ID's are no longer valid, so she went to the registry yesterday to get a new one. They gave her a temporary one (w/photo). I'm praying the permanent one comes before Friday (mine have always come just a few days after getting a temp one).
BUT, in case it doesn't, has anyone had experience trying to board with a temporary ID? She rarely travels and doesn't have a passport. She does have a work photo ID that should could give with the temp. one. I kind of wish she had just kept the old one. I think a brand new temporary ID is going to create problems...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 2 HotAirBalloon Festival
- 3 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 4 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 5 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 6 hotel in NYC
- 7 Hotel in Austin
- 8 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 9 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 10 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 11 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 12 5 Days near Denver
- 13 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 14 Sonoma alley in May
- 15 Austin TX restaurants
- 16 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 17 Help Reno,Tahoe,San Fran 6 Day Trip
- 18 Lake Champlain, VT
- 19 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 20 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 21 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 22 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 23 First time to Alaska - with kids
- 24 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 25 Family trip - driving from SF to LAX