My mom and I are flying to DC this weekend. Mom doesn't drive, and she's had a Mass. ID for years, issued in 94, no expiration date on it. I figured this would be fine.
She went online and learned that those ID's are no longer valid, so she went to the registry yesterday to get a new one. They gave her a temporary one (w/photo). I'm praying the permanent one comes before Friday (mine have always come just a few days after getting a temp one).
BUT, in case it doesn't, has anyone had experience trying to board with a temporary ID? She rarely travels and doesn't have a passport. She does have a work photo ID that should could give with the temp. one. I kind of wish she had just kept the old one. I think a brand new temporary ID is going to create problems...
temporary ID and plane boarding
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 2 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 3 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 4 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 5 West Coast Bound End of March
- 6 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 7 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 8 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 11 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 12 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 13 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 14 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 15 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 16 Best places to move to Florida?
- 17 Juneau May 8th
- 18 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 21 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 22 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 23 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 24 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 25 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?