We have our nephew visiting from Oklahoma and his one request is to visit the Statue of Liberty. Well as it turns out you need tickets!! So Im planning that trip for a few weeks from now when I could get a ticket (to the pedestal at least).
Meanwhile in my ignorance we had already planned to go into the city on Saturday (and have a babysitter scheduled for our kids)..... so..... we need a new plan. We are planning on some of the typical sites, Empire State, Central Park, general walk around. (are there any of these that should be paired with statue of liberty?).
Wondering if there are any particular sites/things a teenage boy might really enjoy. I've been innundated with ads for Spiderman Turn off the Dark and tickets are available. Has anyone seen it? Would a 17 year old boy enjoy it? Any other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 once in a lifetime
- 2 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 3 Hotels Houston
- 4 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 5 Acadia National Park
- 6 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 7 Birthday vacation ideas
- 8 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 9 North California/South Oregon
- 10 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 11 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 12 driving RT 66
- 13 Mackinac Island--which is worse-too long or too short?
- 14 Long Weekend in Denver
- 15 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 16 Big Island: Mauna Kea with kids?
- 17 From Newark to Manhattan
- 18 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 19 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 20 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 21 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 22 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 23 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 24 Monument Valley
- 25 Sedona lodging