I know this will sound very silly to most people but I am from a small town where public transportation basically does not exist. I have traveled as far as London England but have only used taxi from airports. Hubby and I will be in NYC in Oct. Planning to use bus and subway majority of the time but we have tickets to Phantom and since we will be dressed up thought we would get a taxi. I understand how to tell if a taxi is on duty - middle light is lit - and how to hail the cab but my question is - do we need to be on the side of the street going in the direction of The Majestic or does it matter? Once we are in the taxi do we need to say 247 West 44th Street or just The Majestic or either?? We are traveling from The Mansfield 12 W 44th - from a fare estimator we are guessing $10 for one way - is that close????
View all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 2 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 3 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 4 Where should I move to?
- 5 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 6 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 11 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Fripp island
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013