Planning a 2.5 week trip to DC/Williamsburg/NYC for next May/June. Traveling with me would be my parents and my daughter.
I am in the midst of trying to decide whether I want to fly or take the train from Williamsburg VA to NYC.
If we take Amtrak, we would arrive at Penn Station at about 5:30 p.m. We will probably be staying either at the Comfort Inn Manhattan at 42 W 35th or at the La Quinta at 17 W 32nd - both locations appear to be within a couple blocks of Penn Station.
Will we have a problem getting a taxi(s) to take us such a short distance to the hotel? I can't imagine trying to walk down the street with our luggage during the midst of rush hour.
Alternatively, we could fly from Newport News into LGA (which would take half the time as the train) and then do a car service to the hotel.
I'm not sure which method would be the easiest/least amount of hassle - though arriving several hours earlier if flying gives that option a big plus.
Any insights or advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 2 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 3 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 4 Hawaii Help
- 5 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 6 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 7 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 8 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 9 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 10 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 11 Florida keys trip
- 12 HAWAII; HELP!
- 13 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 14 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 15 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 16 Coffee in Boston?
- 17 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 18 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330
- 19 Change planes in Atlanta
- 20 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 21 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119115046
- 22 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 23 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907
- 24 Florida beach vacation
- 25 Trip to USA in July