Planning a 2.5 week trip to DC/Williamsburg/NYC for next May/June. Traveling with me would be my parents and my daughter.
I am in the midst of trying to decide whether I want to fly or take the train from Williamsburg VA to NYC.
If we take Amtrak, we would arrive at Penn Station at about 5:30 p.m. We will probably be staying either at the Comfort Inn Manhattan at 42 W 35th or at the La Quinta at 17 W 32nd - both locations appear to be within a couple blocks of Penn Station.
Will we have a problem getting a taxi(s) to take us such a short distance to the hotel? I can't imagine trying to walk down the street with our luggage during the midst of rush hour.
Alternatively, we could fly from Newport News into LGA (which would take half the time as the train) and then do a car service to the hotel.
I'm not sure which method would be the easiest/least amount of hassle - though arriving several hours earlier if flying gives that option a big plus.
Any insights or advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 2 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 3 Ice cream Cape Cod
- 4 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 5 Reagan Library
- 6 US Open Tennis
- 7 Hawaii with limited time
- 8 Southern history- walkable cities
- 9 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 10 Your favourite places in New York City
- 11 Steamboat in August
- 12 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 13 Hotels in San Diego
- 14 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 15 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 16 Cape cod Labor Day
- 17 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 18 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 19 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 20 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 21 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 22 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 23 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 24 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 25 Grand Teton Questions