Planning a 2.5 week trip to DC/Williamsburg/NYC for next May/June. Traveling with me would be my parents and my daughter.
I am in the midst of trying to decide whether I want to fly or take the train from Williamsburg VA to NYC.
If we take Amtrak, we would arrive at Penn Station at about 5:30 p.m. We will probably be staying either at the Comfort Inn Manhattan at 42 W 35th or at the La Quinta at 17 W 32nd - both locations appear to be within a couple blocks of Penn Station.
Will we have a problem getting a taxi(s) to take us such a short distance to the hotel? I can't imagine trying to walk down the street with our luggage during the midst of rush hour.
Alternatively, we could fly from Newport News into LGA (which would take half the time as the train) and then do a car service to the hotel.
I'm not sure which method would be the easiest/least amount of hassle - though arriving several hours earlier if flying gives that option a big plus.
Any insights or advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 2 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 3 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 4 Short Notice
- 5 Inn at Key West
- 6 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 7 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 8 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 9 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 10 Black History Museum
- 11 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 12 Another Great DC Trip
- 13 Chicago 2017
- 14 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 15 arizona rte 66
- 16 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 17 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 18 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 19 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 20 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 21 usa roadtrip
- 22 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 23 Where to live in the North East
- 24 Hawaii and...where?
- 25 Short Oregon Trip