Planning a 2.5 week trip to DC/Williamsburg/NYC for next May/June. Traveling with me would be my parents and my daughter.
I am in the midst of trying to decide whether I want to fly or take the train from Williamsburg VA to NYC.
If we take Amtrak, we would arrive at Penn Station at about 5:30 p.m. We will probably be staying either at the Comfort Inn Manhattan at 42 W 35th or at the La Quinta at 17 W 32nd - both locations appear to be within a couple blocks of Penn Station.
Will we have a problem getting a taxi(s) to take us such a short distance to the hotel? I can't imagine trying to walk down the street with our luggage during the midst of rush hour.
Alternatively, we could fly from Newport News into LGA (which would take half the time as the train) and then do a car service to the hotel.
I'm not sure which method would be the easiest/least amount of hassle - though arriving several hours earlier if flying gives that option a big plus.
Any insights or advice is greatly appreciated.
Taxi from Penn Station for very short distance?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA trip
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 4 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 5 Cape Cod in October
- 6 Air Connections on Maui
- 7 Theater Historians
- 8 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 9 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 10 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 11 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 12 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 13 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 14 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 15 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 16 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 17 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 18 Getaway
- 19 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 20 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 21 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 22 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 23 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 24 Boston hotel & transportation
- 25 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014