My daughter and I will be meeting St. Louis in early Oct. for the Taste of St. Louis. I'm trying to determine where would be the best to stay for convenience as well as safety. The same weekend as the Taste is a Cardnials homestand, a Rams football game, and a Blues preseason game. The Taste of St. Louis will be held at Soldier's Memorial (12th & Market). We will only be attending on Saturday, but will be there until late in the evening (11ish). I am trying to avoid paying for 2 cars, the higher prices for downtown hotels, as well as minimizing being in the middle of the sports traffic. Would I be better off staying west or southwest of downtown and taking a cab to and from the Taste (and would a cab be readily available after the event)? If so, which would be the safest areas to stay (but that is also affordable)? We will also have a little time on Sunday to explore a restaurant and some shops before heading home.
Taste of St. Louis Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 2 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 3 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 4 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 5 Quick Trip to NYC
- 6 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 7 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 8 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 9 San Francisco - mid October
- 10 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 11 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 12 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 13 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 14 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 15 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 16 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 17 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Road trip itinerary
- 20 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 21 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 22 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 25 Vegas hotels for families