My daughter and I will be meeting St. Louis in early Oct. for the Taste of St. Louis. I'm trying to determine where would be the best to stay for convenience as well as safety. The same weekend as the Taste is a Cardnials homestand, a Rams football game, and a Blues preseason game. The Taste of St. Louis will be held at Soldier's Memorial (12th & Market). We will only be attending on Saturday, but will be there until late in the evening (11ish). I am trying to avoid paying for 2 cars, the higher prices for downtown hotels, as well as minimizing being in the middle of the sports traffic. Would I be better off staying west or southwest of downtown and taking a cab to and from the Taste (and would a cab be readily available after the event)? If so, which would be the safest areas to stay (but that is also affordable)? We will also have a little time on Sunday to explore a restaurant and some shops before heading home.
Taste of St. Louis Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 2 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 3 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 4 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 5 united and carry-ons
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 9 Cape Cod in early April
- 10 USA with a 3 year old
- 11 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 15 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 18 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 25 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver