My daughter and I will be meeting St. Louis in early Oct. for the Taste of St. Louis. I'm trying to determine where would be the best to stay for convenience as well as safety. The same weekend as the Taste is a Cardnials homestand, a Rams football game, and a Blues preseason game. The Taste of St. Louis will be held at Soldier's Memorial (12th & Market). We will only be attending on Saturday, but will be there until late in the evening (11ish). I am trying to avoid paying for 2 cars, the higher prices for downtown hotels, as well as minimizing being in the middle of the sports traffic. Would I be better off staying west or southwest of downtown and taking a cab to and from the Taste (and would a cab be readily available after the event)? If so, which would be the safest areas to stay (but that is also affordable)? We will also have a little time on Sunday to explore a restaurant and some shops before heading home.
Taste of St. Louis Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 2 What's new on Maui?
- 3 Oregon Road Trip
- 4 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 5 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 6 Colorado aspen updates
- 7 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 8 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 9 Hwy 12 Bryce Canyon to Arches/ Moab in 1 Day w/ Kids help?
- 10 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 11 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 12 Christmas in TX
- 13 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 14 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 15 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 16 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 17 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 18 Tucson area flooding
- 19 Refining my California Itinerary
- 20 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 21 Getaway
- 22 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 23 Moving to New Jersey
- 24 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 25 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route