My daughter and I will be meeting St. Louis in early Oct. for the Taste of St. Louis. I'm trying to determine where would be the best to stay for convenience as well as safety. The same weekend as the Taste is a Cardnials homestand, a Rams football game, and a Blues preseason game. The Taste of St. Louis will be held at Soldier's Memorial (12th & Market). We will only be attending on Saturday, but will be there until late in the evening (11ish). I am trying to avoid paying for 2 cars, the higher prices for downtown hotels, as well as minimizing being in the middle of the sports traffic. Would I be better off staying west or southwest of downtown and taking a cab to and from the Taste (and would a cab be readily available after the event)? If so, which would be the safest areas to stay (but that is also affordable)? We will also have a little time on Sunday to explore a restaurant and some shops before heading home.
Taste of St. Louis Visit
View all United States activity »
- 1 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 2 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 3 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 4 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 5 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 6 hotel near Met NYC
- 7 Oahu Information
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 10 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 11 Warm and don't Drive
- 12 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 13 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 14 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 15 Hotel near Public Theater
- 16 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 One day in Washington DC
- 19 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 20 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 21 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 22 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 23 San Antonio
- 24 Key West on NYE
- 25 Ft. Stewart/Savannah