My daughter and I will be meeting St. Louis in early Oct. for the Taste of St. Louis. I'm trying to determine where would be the best to stay for convenience as well as safety. The same weekend as the Taste is a Cardnials homestand, a Rams football game, and a Blues preseason game. The Taste of St. Louis will be held at Soldier's Memorial (12th & Market). We will only be attending on Saturday, but will be there until late in the evening (11ish). I am trying to avoid paying for 2 cars, the higher prices for downtown hotels, as well as minimizing being in the middle of the sports traffic. Would I be better off staying west or southwest of downtown and taking a cab to and from the Taste (and would a cab be readily available after the event)? If so, which would be the safest areas to stay (but that is also affordable)? We will also have a little time on Sunday to explore a restaurant and some shops before heading home.
Taste of St. Louis Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 2 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 3 General Utah planning questions
- 4 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 5 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 6 4 week family trip ideas
- 7 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 8 Boston area -- nature
- 9 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 14 California & French Polynesia
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 17 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 18 SFO black friday traffic
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 21 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 22 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 23 Dining in Manhattan
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 American Honeymoon in March