We're heading up the Hudson River Valley after a few days in NYC. We've been studying the maps and checking Google. Our question is: Is there anyone who lives or works in the area that can help us out regarding the Tappan Zee Bridge crossing? After visiting Kykuit, we want to go the West Point on the most scenic road, which looks to be on the west side of the Hudson. We've read about construction/lane closure affecting the Tappan Zee Bridge. Mid-day, on a weekday, do you think we'll get caught in massive traffic? Is there an alternative route to West Point? We'd appreciate input from anyone familiar with the area. Thanks so much!
Tarrytown-Tappan Zee Bridge Traffic
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 4 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 7 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 8 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 9 Christmas weather?
- 10 Big island itinerary
- 11 New York City and New England
- 12 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 13 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 14 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 15 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 16 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 17 Thousand Islands
- 18 Best Destination in USA
- 19 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 20 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 21 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 22 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 23 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 24 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 25 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations