My husband and I (and 8-year-old daughter) are thinking about spending a day or two on Tangier Island in the Chesapeake Bay. We'd take the ferry from Crisfield, MD. The island looks like a great spot for quiet relaxation -- it seems to be a throw back in time! My husband heard that the dialect spoken on the island is the closest to the English folks spoke back when they settled in Jamestown. Sounds interesting, but I'm at a loss for which B&B to choose and whether or not what I've read about biting black flies should be considered a major deterrent or just a minor hassle. I've also heard jelly fish may make spending time at the little beach there less than ideal. Anyone been to Tangier Island recently? Any thoughts on Hilda Crockett's Chesapeake House vs. Shirley's Bay View Inn? We are thinking of visiting in July -- is that biting black fly and jelly fish time?
Tangier Island -- Anyone been there?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 2 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Dining in D.C.
- 5 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 6 Jersey City Parking
- 7 Washington DC Metro
- 8 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 9 Kennebunkport and....?
- 10 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 13 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 14 Where to go in Maine?
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 17 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 18 Wedding in Hawaii
- 19 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 20 rain in Kauai
- 21 Alaska cruise and land
- 22 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 23 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 24 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 25 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?