My husband and I (and 8-year-old daughter) are thinking about spending a day or two on Tangier Island in the Chesapeake Bay. We'd take the ferry from Crisfield, MD. The island looks like a great spot for quiet relaxation -- it seems to be a throw back in time! My husband heard that the dialect spoken on the island is the closest to the English folks spoke back when they settled in Jamestown. Sounds interesting, but I'm at a loss for which B&B to choose and whether or not what I've read about biting black flies should be considered a major deterrent or just a minor hassle. I've also heard jelly fish may make spending time at the little beach there less than ideal. Anyone been to Tangier Island recently? Any thoughts on Hilda Crockett's Chesapeake House vs. Shirley's Bay View Inn? We are thinking of visiting in July -- is that biting black fly and jelly fish time?
Tangier Island -- Anyone been there?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Use of an iPad in France
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 4 New York City Restaurants
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 7 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 8 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 9 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 10 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 11 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 12 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 13 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 14 Boston/Fenway park
- 15 California self drive trip
- 16 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 17 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 22 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 23 Drive along the Columbia River
- 24 Wine Country Picnic
- 25 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu