My husband and I (and 8-year-old daughter) are thinking about spending a day or two on Tangier Island in the Chesapeake Bay. We'd take the ferry from Crisfield, MD. The island looks like a great spot for quiet relaxation -- it seems to be a throw back in time! My husband heard that the dialect spoken on the island is the closest to the English folks spoke back when they settled in Jamestown. Sounds interesting, but I'm at a loss for which B&B to choose and whether or not what I've read about biting black flies should be considered a major deterrent or just a minor hassle. I've also heard jelly fish may make spending time at the little beach there less than ideal. Anyone been to Tangier Island recently? Any thoughts on Hilda Crockett's Chesapeake House vs. Shirley's Bay View Inn? We are thinking of visiting in July -- is that biting black fly and jelly fish time?
Tangier Island -- Anyone been there?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC theatre broadway
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 5 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 8 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 9 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 10 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 11 Alaska
- 12 San Diego grocery stores
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 15 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 16 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 17 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Visiting Denver
- 25 Planning family gathering in Sedona