My husband and I (and 8-year-old daughter) are thinking about spending a day or two on Tangier Island in the Chesapeake Bay. We'd take the ferry from Crisfield, MD. The island looks like a great spot for quiet relaxation -- it seems to be a throw back in time! My husband heard that the dialect spoken on the island is the closest to the English folks spoke back when they settled in Jamestown. Sounds interesting, but I'm at a loss for which B&B to choose and whether or not what I've read about biting black flies should be considered a major deterrent or just a minor hassle. I've also heard jelly fish may make spending time at the little beach there less than ideal. Anyone been to Tangier Island recently? Any thoughts on Hilda Crockett's Chesapeake House vs. Shirley's Bay View Inn? We are thinking of visiting in July -- is that biting black fly and jelly fish time?
Tangier Island -- Anyone been there?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Question about Boulder area
- 2 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 3 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 4 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 7 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 8 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 9 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 Biloxi questions again
- 12 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 13 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 14 Madison Square Garden
- 15 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 16 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 17 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 18 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 19 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 22 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed