We have a late flight out of Ft Lauderdale after a cruise and are considering renting a car and driving over to the Tampa or Ft Myers area for a couple of days and just flying home out of Tampa. Such a big area, it is difficult to decide where to go! Is the drive horrible? I mean we have driven from OKC through Amarillo and NOTHING is as boring as that drive We would like a resort atmosphere on the beach but don't really want to pay $400 a day...any thoughts? I fear I have Ritz Carlton tastes and Hilton budget Looked at the Pink Shell in Sanibel and it was pricey but wondering if it is worth it. It seems to be the kind of place are looking for. Any thoughts?
Tampa or Ft Myers area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC in Spring?
- 2 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 Broadway this week
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 7 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 8 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 9 New York, New York...
- 10 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 11 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 12 trains in Europe
- 13 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 14 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 15 USA trip
- 16 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 17 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 18 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 19 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 20 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 21 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 22 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 23 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 24 NBA tickets??
- 25 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa