We have a late flight out of Ft Lauderdale after a cruise and are considering renting a car and driving over to the Tampa or Ft Myers area for a couple of days and just flying home out of Tampa. Such a big area, it is difficult to decide where to go! Is the drive horrible? I mean we have driven from OKC through Amarillo and NOTHING is as boring as that drive We would like a resort atmosphere on the beach but don't really want to pay $400 a day...any thoughts? I fear I have Ritz Carlton tastes and Hilton budget Looked at the Pink Shell in Sanibel and it was pricey but wondering if it is worth it. It seems to be the kind of place are looking for. Any thoughts?
Tampa or Ft Myers area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 4 Where to from Tampa?
- 5 Is the New York subway safe?
- 6 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 7 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 8 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 9 Skiing New Mexico
- 10 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 11 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 12 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 13 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 14 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 15 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 16 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 17 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 18 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 19 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 20 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 21 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 22 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 23 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 25 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida