We have a late flight out of Ft Lauderdale after a cruise and are considering renting a car and driving over to the Tampa or Ft Myers area for a couple of days and just flying home out of Tampa. Such a big area, it is difficult to decide where to go! Is the drive horrible? I mean we have driven from OKC through Amarillo and NOTHING is as boring as that drive We would like a resort atmosphere on the beach but don't really want to pay $400 a day...any thoughts? I fear I have Ritz Carlton tastes and Hilton budget Looked at the Pink Shell in Sanibel and it was pricey but wondering if it is worth it. It seems to be the kind of place are looking for. Any thoughts?
Tampa or Ft Myers area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Has anyone been getting ads for handguns/holsters?
- 2 Florida Vacation
- 3 Can Anyone Suggest which is the Best Holiday Destination with Family.?
- 4 bachelors degree
- 5 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 6 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 9 Trailing Cyclone Ana to Maui (trip report)
- 10 First Time RVing - Is my itinerary on overkill for 10 day trip?
- 11 Getting to Key West
- 12 New Orleans Motel Question
- 13 Itinerary ideas for Niagara Falls via Corning/Watkins from NYC
- 14 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 15 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 16 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 17 Has anyone been to Li'l Dizzy's in the Treme?
- 18 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 19 West Maui Restaurants
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 22 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 23 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 25 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?