We have a late flight out of Ft Lauderdale after a cruise and are considering renting a car and driving over to the Tampa or Ft Myers area for a couple of days and just flying home out of Tampa. Such a big area, it is difficult to decide where to go! Is the drive horrible? I mean we have driven from OKC through Amarillo and NOTHING is as boring as that drive We would like a resort atmosphere on the beach but don't really want to pay $400 a day...any thoughts? I fear I have Ritz Carlton tastes and Hilton budget Looked at the Pink Shell in Sanibel and it was pricey but wondering if it is worth it. It seems to be the kind of place are looking for. Any thoughts?
Tampa or Ft Myers area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 3 Where to go in Maine?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 6 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 12 Rafting near Denali
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Kennebunkport and....?
- 15 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 16 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 17 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 18 WISCONSIN
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 New York City Restaurants