My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 2 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 3 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 4 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 5 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 6 Senior Travel Helper
- 7 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 8 your favorite city USA?
- 9 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 10 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed
- 11 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 12 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 13 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 14 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 15 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 16 Help with driving East to West
- 17 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 18 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 19 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 20 Cab from Newark to West Windsor NJ.
- 21 Pacific coast road trip
- 22 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 23 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 24 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 25 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont