My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Marco Island
- 2 JFK Airport
- 3 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 4 things to do near Arches National Park
- 5 Delicate Arch in Arches national park
- 6 Arches National Park in a day
- 7 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 8 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 9 Breckenridge in October
- 10 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 11 EX-LAX
- 12 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 13 Best place to see Redwoods in December
- 14 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 15 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 16 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 17 Broadway choices
- 18 N California trip questions
- 19 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 20 My Book of Mormon review
- 21 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 22 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 23 Las Vegas, North Rim and Zion
- 24 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 25 New England road trip Oct. 8-14