My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Monterey and Napa
- 2 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 3 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 4 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 5 New England in the fall
- 6 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 7 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 8 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 9 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 10 Looking for Next Destination
- 11 Worst Restaurants in America
- 12 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 13 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 14 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 15 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 16 Fall color yet?
- 17 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 18 Yosemite Lodging
- 19 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 20 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 21 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 22 Lucerne Switzerland for two days in september 2015
- 23 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 24 N California trip questions
- 25 Colorado aspen updates