My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 2 First Trip to Texas -
- 3 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 4 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 5 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 6 New Hampshire
- 7 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 8 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 9 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 10 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 11 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 12 Beaches in Florida
- 13 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 14 Nashville Questions
- 15 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 16 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 17 Downtown Chicago
- 18 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 19 Transportation from Lahaina to Kaanapali Westin
- 20 Charleston Hotel Question
- 21 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 22 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 23 Driving to Naples fl
- 24 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 25 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont