My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best stays in Jackson hole/tetons
- 2 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 3 Virginia Beach/ Before or After Labor Day?
- 4 United Nations tours
- 5 Things to do off I81 through VA?
- 6 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 7 Relocating?
- 8 Advice on tipping
- 9 September Road Trip in New England
- 10 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 11 Road trip October
- 12 NYC with 8 yr old
- 13 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 14 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 15 stopping off I 81 South
- 16 2 months in Hawaii!
- 17 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 18 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 19 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 20 Mosser Hotel in San Francisco, CA
- 21 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 22 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 23 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont