My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 2 louisiana bayou
- 3 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 4 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 5 Country bumpkins road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 6 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 7 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 8 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 9 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 10 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 11 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 12 New Orleans logistics
- 13 Southern U.S. BBQ Trip May 2015
- 14 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 15 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 16 North Oregon Coast touring
- 17 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 18 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 19 Help Please: From JFK to 5th Avenue?
- 20 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 21 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 22 My Vegas TR
- 23 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 24 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 25 Marthas Vineyard Ferry Questions
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont