My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 2 Retiring in NM?
- 3 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 4 Paws 'N' Pups
- 5 Route Planning for East USA
- 6 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 7 Roller Coaster
- 8 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 9 Utah National Parks visit
- 10 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 11 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 12 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 13 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 14 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 15 universal studios and disney
- 16 Honeymoon out west.
- 17 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia
- 18 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 19 Chicago to Charleston
- 20 How many states have you been to?
- 21 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 22 USA, Trip to the south
- 23 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 24 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 25 Amtrack: Denver to California?
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont