My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 2 Cross-Country trip advice
- 3 Hiking 'the wave'
- 4 Washington DC
- 5 Montross/Ouray in the rain. Also foliage
- 6 Finding Steve Perry
- 7 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 8 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 9 Chicago Stamina
- 10 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 11 Trip report--Birmingham, Alabama
- 12 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 13 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 14 Trip Report - NYC Girls Weekend
- 15 las vegas anyone
- 16 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 17 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 18 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 19 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 20 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 21 Restaurant Help Needed
- 22 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 23 Trip to visit our children in St Louis, MO and Little Rock, AR.
- 24 Best Culinary Tour in Charleston?
- 25 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont