My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine in latter half of September
- 2 Cape cod and Acadia
- 3 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 4 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 5 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 6 Grand Marais?
- 7 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 8 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 9 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 10 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 11 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 12 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 13 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 14 Grand Teton in October
- 15 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 16 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 17 adams morgan - safety
- 18 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 19 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 20 Morning in miami
- 21 Las Vegas must sees
- 22 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 23 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 24 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 25 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming