My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 2 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 3 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 4 Northwest Car Trip
- 5 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 6 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 8 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 9 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 10 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 11 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 12 Northwest Passage
- 13 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 14 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 15 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 16 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 17 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 18 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 19 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 20 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 21 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 22 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 23 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 24 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 25 Sonoma
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont