My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EASTER SPECIAL OFFER,MAASAI MARA,KENYA,AFRICA
- 2 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 3 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 4 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 5 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 6 California San Diego area lodging
- 7 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 8 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 9 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 10 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 11 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 12 Utah 2
- 13 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 14 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 15 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 16 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 17 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 18 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 19 Kauai Garden tours
- 20 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 21 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 22 Taking the St. Charles streetcar - looking for a stop along the way . . .
- 23 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 24 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 25 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston