My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 2 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 3 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 4 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 5 Clearwater FL area
- 6 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 7 Los Angeles day trips
- 8 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 9 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 10 trip advice from TN to TX
- 11 san diego or nearby area
- 12 middlebury vt snow
- 13 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 14 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 15 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 16 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 17 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 18 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 19 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 20 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 21 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 22 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 23 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 24 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 25 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter