My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 2 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 3 If you could have one meal in Vegas, what would it be?
- 4 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 5 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 6 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 7 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 8 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 9 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 10 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 11 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 12 A quick trip to New Orleans - Dec 2010
- 13 large suitcase as carry-on on amtrak train
- 14 First Trip to New Orleans
- 15 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 16 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 17 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 18 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 19 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 20 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 21 Michigan advice needed
- 22 Nova Star
- 23 One day in Dallas
- 24 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 25 Quick trip intp Manhattan from JFK
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont