My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado aspen updates
- 2 New England Skiing
- 3 Yosemite Lodging
- 4 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 Worst Restaurants in America
- 7 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 8 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 9 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 10 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 11 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 12 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 13 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 14 What's new on Maui?
- 15 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 16 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 17 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 18 Tucson area flooding
- 19 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 20 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 21 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 22 Oregon Road Trip
- 23 Broadway choices
- 24 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?