My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 2 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 3 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 4 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 5 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 6 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 7 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 8 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 9 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 10 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 11 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 12 Airfares in the 1970's
- 13 Relocating to the Deep South
- 14 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 15 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 16 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 17 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 18 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 19 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 20 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 21 Seattle to San Francisco
- 22 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 23 San Francisco and Napa
- 24 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 25 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont