My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 florida gulf coast
- 2 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 3 Road trip advice needed please
- 4 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 5 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 6 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 7 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 8 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 9 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 10 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 11 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 12 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 13 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 14 Where can I get the best glaciers experience?
- 15 Family Trip advice please?!
- 16 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 17 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 18 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 19 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 20 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 21 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 22 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 23 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 24 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 25 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont