We (my husband and I) are planning a summer road trip from WA to MI and back. We have two weeks plus two days for the trip. We are planning on following I-90 over and then go up into MI then take I-94 on the way back until we run back into 90. Our first stop on the way (and a bit out of the way) is Yellowstone where we plan to spend a couple nights, then move on meeting back up with 90 in Sheridan WY. From there we know we want to see Devils Tower, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, The Corn Palace, etc... continuing on like this making sure we also hit Chicago. Once in MI we will be occupied with visitng family. On the way back we will stop by The Mall of America in MN, drive through ND this time instead of SD (on 94) and MT. I am looking for suggestions of places to see, sleep and eat along the way. We are hoping to keep our own schedule after leaving Yellowstone and just staying where we end up for the night, so no reservations after that.
Summer Road Trip I-90/94
View all United States activity »
- 1 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 2 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 3 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 6 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 7 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 8 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 9 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 10 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 11 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 12 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 13 St. Augustine, Florida
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 San Antonio
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Where should I move to?
- 19 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 Fripp island
- 22 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 23 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 24 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 25 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.