We (my husband and I) are planning a summer road trip from WA to MI and back. We have two weeks plus two days for the trip. We are planning on following I-90 over and then go up into MI then take I-94 on the way back until we run back into 90. Our first stop on the way (and a bit out of the way) is Yellowstone where we plan to spend a couple nights, then move on meeting back up with 90 in Sheridan WY. From there we know we want to see Devils Tower, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, The Corn Palace, etc... continuing on like this making sure we also hit Chicago. Once in MI we will be occupied with visitng family. On the way back we will stop by The Mall of America in MN, drive through ND this time instead of SD (on 94) and MT. I am looking for suggestions of places to see, sleep and eat along the way. We are hoping to keep our own schedule after leaving Yellowstone and just staying where we end up for the night, so no reservations after that.
Summer Road Trip I-90/94
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 3 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 4 Connecticut River Byway
- 5 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 6 Boston/Salem with kids
- 7 San Diego farmer's markets
- 8 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 9 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 10 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 11 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 12 Road Trip SW
- 13 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 14 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 15 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 16 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 17 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 20 drive from SF to crater lake
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?