We are a family of 4 (kids are 8 & 6). I am planning our summer vacation for next year (we use miles and hotel points whenever possible, so we book 330 days in advance). I thought that I was all set with our plans, but I have changed my mind based on our current vacation. Was planning Alaska cruise & then road trip to San Francisco through Pacific NW. DH & I have done this 10 years ago & loved it.
Now I have realized that it would not be a good trip with my kids. They don't enjoy sightseeing or seeing animals for more than a minute. We are currently in Hawaii (which we all LOVE) but their favorite things are swimming in pools, beaches, playing with other kids. They have "put up" with us driving around looking at scenery
We have taken 2 long summer trips (well, currently in the middle of the 2nd) that have been great. Hawaii (Oahu, Maui, Kauai + 8 nights in so. Cal). Last summer we drove from PA to Fort Lauderdale to go on the Oasis of the Seas (stopping in Williamsburg - they loved Busch Gardens & put up with Historic Williamsburg), Savannah, Hilton Head, Disney.
We've been to Disney World 5 times, they love NYC (but it gets expensive after a few days!), theme parks (Hershey), Lancaster for farm stays, DE & NJ beaches, Washington DC.....
Looking for a long (3+ week) trip where we can combine swimming, resort pool, sightseeing (for the parents...lol), and family fun. Thinking about Caribbean, but I couldn't stay at one resort (or location in general) for more than a week - we prefer to move around.
One idea is a week+ in San Juan and e cruise.
Thought of going North (Niagara Falls, Montreal, etc), but DH and I did that one July & we are wearing jeans and sweatshirts in our photos ( looking for warmer so kids can swim).
I am open to any ideas, so I will look into anything that you all throw out there.
Leaving from Philadelphia, budget is about 10k for 3 weeks (and we have lots of ff miles, so hoping to use those too).
Summer 2013 family trip - need suggestions please
- 1 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 2 American Airlines reservation question
- 3 Best timeshare in Branson?
- 4 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 5 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 6 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 7 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 8 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 9 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 10 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 11 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 12 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 13 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 14 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 15 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 16 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 17 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 18 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 19 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 20 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 21 Middlebury vt quickie
- 22 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 23 NYC
- 24 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 25 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?