We are a family of 4 (kids are 8 & 6). I am planning our summer vacation for next year (we use miles and hotel points whenever possible, so we book 330 days in advance). I thought that I was all set with our plans, but I have changed my mind based on our current vacation. Was planning Alaska cruise & then road trip to San Francisco through Pacific NW. DH & I have done this 10 years ago & loved it.
Now I have realized that it would not be a good trip with my kids. They don't enjoy sightseeing or seeing animals for more than a minute. We are currently in Hawaii (which we all LOVE) but their favorite things are swimming in pools, beaches, playing with other kids. They have "put up" with us driving around looking at scenery
We have taken 2 long summer trips (well, currently in the middle of the 2nd) that have been great. Hawaii (Oahu, Maui, Kauai + 8 nights in so. Cal). Last summer we drove from PA to Fort Lauderdale to go on the Oasis of the Seas (stopping in Williamsburg - they loved Busch Gardens & put up with Historic Williamsburg), Savannah, Hilton Head, Disney.
We've been to Disney World 5 times, they love NYC (but it gets expensive after a few days!), theme parks (Hershey), Lancaster for farm stays, DE & NJ beaches, Washington DC.....
Looking for a long (3+ week) trip where we can combine swimming, resort pool, sightseeing (for the parents...lol), and family fun. Thinking about Caribbean, but I couldn't stay at one resort (or location in general) for more than a week - we prefer to move around.
One idea is a week+ in San Juan and e cruise.
Thought of going North (Niagara Falls, Montreal, etc), but DH and I did that one July & we are wearing jeans and sweatshirts in our photos ( looking for warmer so kids can swim).
I am open to any ideas, so I will look into anything that you all throw out there.
Leaving from Philadelphia, budget is about 10k for 3 weeks (and we have lots of ff miles, so hoping to use those too).
Summer 2013 family trip - need suggestions please
- 1 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 2 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 3 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 4 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 5 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 6 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 7 Warm and don't Drive
- 8 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 11 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 12 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 13 Madison Square Garden
- 14 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 15 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 16 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 17 St. Augustine, Florida
- 18 hotel near Met NYC
- 19 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 20 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 21 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 22 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 23 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 24 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 25 Which Florida Key to snorkel?