We are coming from Scotland to The South in October for two weeks. We will fly into and out of Atlanta. We have visited once before about 7 years ago and loved The Low Country.
We are heading straight to Edisto Island for one week but are a little lost for the second week.
In the past we travelled from Savannah up the Outer Banks to Washington and so would like to go south.
Our week in Edisto will include trips to Savnnah and Charleston. Beaufort is also by and so we will have our fill of "towny" days of breakfast and coffees.
In the second week we are looking for someone to base ourselves which will be wildlife driven and possibly hire a motor boat.
Does anyone have a good suggestion for an area to base ourselves? Our a house rental possibility at around $1500 a week.
Suggests for a coastal town south of Savannah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Family Camp in Maine
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 18 San Diego
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast