We are coming from Scotland to The South in October for two weeks. We will fly into and out of Atlanta. We have visited once before about 7 years ago and loved The Low Country.
We are heading straight to Edisto Island for one week but are a little lost for the second week.
In the past we travelled from Savannah up the Outer Banks to Washington and so would like to go south.
Our week in Edisto will include trips to Savnnah and Charleston. Beaufort is also by and so we will have our fill of "towny" days of breakfast and coffees.
In the second week we are looking for someone to base ourselves which will be wildlife driven and possibly hire a motor boat.
Does anyone have a good suggestion for an area to base ourselves? Our a house rental possibility at around $1500 a week.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 2 Seeking Advice for Road Trip
- 3 Winery recommendations OR and WA
- 4 Quick Acela Questions
- 5 Detroit Downtown Walking and Safety
- 6 Detroit People Mover
- 7 NYC - 2 days and nights mid week in May
- 8 8 Days in Colorado - First time
- 9 Seattle, Redwoods in Oregon and Yosemite
- 10 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 11 Highlights in New England
- 12 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 13 Christmas season in Disney World
- 14 Abandoned places in southern California
- 15 Steakhouse in Colorado Springs area
- 16 30th Anniversary Hotel Key West
- 17 Thanksgiving dinner in Williamsburg
- 18 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 19 Seattle?
- 20 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 21 Family Beach Vacation in Belmar at the Jersey Shore
- 22 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 23 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 24 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 25 Tri Rail train to Lauderdale by the Sea