We are coming from Scotland to The South in October for two weeks. We will fly into and out of Atlanta. We have visited once before about 7 years ago and loved The Low Country.
We are heading straight to Edisto Island for one week but are a little lost for the second week.
In the past we travelled from Savannah up the Outer Banks to Washington and so would like to go south.
Our week in Edisto will include trips to Savnnah and Charleston. Beaufort is also by and so we will have our fill of "towny" days of breakfast and coffees.
In the second week we are looking for someone to base ourselves which will be wildlife driven and possibly hire a motor boat.
Does anyone have a good suggestion for an area to base ourselves? Our a house rental possibility at around $1500 a week.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 2 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 3 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 4 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 5 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 6 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 7 Florida in October
- 8 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 9 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 10 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 11 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 12 FLL to Key West
- 13 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 14 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 15 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 16 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 17 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 18 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 19 road trip
- 20 New England Road Trip
- 21 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 22 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 23 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 24 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 25 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC