We are coming from Scotland to The South in October for two weeks. We will fly into and out of Atlanta. We have visited once before about 7 years ago and loved The Low Country.
We are heading straight to Edisto Island for one week but are a little lost for the second week.
In the past we travelled from Savannah up the Outer Banks to Washington and so would like to go south.
Our week in Edisto will include trips to Savnnah and Charleston. Beaufort is also by and so we will have our fill of "towny" days of breakfast and coffees.
In the second week we are looking for someone to base ourselves which will be wildlife driven and possibly hire a motor boat.
Does anyone have a good suggestion for an area to base ourselves? Our a house rental possibility at around $1500 a week.
Suggests for a coastal town south of Savannah
- 1 Key West on NYE
- 2 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 3 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 4 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 5 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 6 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 7 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 8 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 9 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 10 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 13 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 14 San Antonio
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Hotel near Public Theater
- 17 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 18 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 19 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 20 Oahu Information
- 21 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 22 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 23 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 24 Savanah Sojourn
- 25 One day in Washington DC